Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Luce

It is a shame because it takes away the character of the ride and it's not as impressive as it used to be.  I guess Merlin have to distribute their budgets carefully but to have some TLC given to Vampire would be great.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on SouthParks Facebook, the redevelopment of Mystic East and retheme of Dragon Falls has been approved. For those interested, you can read the report and decision notice here, although it's all fairly standard.
Bert

Merlin have applied a trademark for 'Tiger Rock' which is most likely the new name for Dragon Falls. 

Also I wonder if they will they will change the the station as it is a very nice themed station and I wouldn't want it to disappear. This project very nicely themed and I hope the theming level stays the same throughout the whole of the Mystic East retheme/refurb. I'm looking forward to seeing this reopen next year!
[Insert Signature Here]
Chris
Admin
Admin

Me too. The concept art looks very similar to Wild Asia - so hope they still keep them looking different.
Muppet738

Was at chessington on Saturday saw framework for peeking heights on the back of a truck leaving park.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Chessington have contacted us in regards to Creepy Caves – Behind the Screams Tour.

BEHIND THE SCREAMS

Explore the process behind the screams of Creepy Caves Unearthed! A production technician will give you an access all areas tour of all things Special FX.
Enter the green room, see the original concept drawings, and leave having Unearthed the creative processes behind the first three bat rated scare maze at Chessington World of Adventures Resort.
Price: £35 per person.

Terms and Conditions…

• This is a 30 minute experience.
  • Minimum age 12 years old.
  • Adventurers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
  • A maximum of 10 people are allowed on the experience at any one time.
  • One ticket per person.
  • Tickets must be booked 24 hours in advance.
  • The Experience starts at 09:45 am.
  • Merlin Annual Passholders receive 20% off via our the VIP Bookings line
  • Price excludes Theme Park and Zoo entry tickets.

• Guests will not be admitted on the experience without a valid Theme Park entry ticket.
  • All tours are subject to availability.
  • Full terms and conditions will need to be read and signed prior to the beginning of the experience.
  • Your guide will take you through health and safety procedures.
  • Unfortunately, due to the limited space in the back of house areas, this experience would not be suitable for non-ambulant guests. The attraction evacuation procedures would not be suitable for guests with mobility issues. For more information please call the VIP Experience bookings line to speak to a member of the team.
Other available experiences are 'Trick or Treaters In Training' and 'Tigers at Twilight' - more details can be found here.

Looks great!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Some photos from today have been posted on SouthParks Facebook, showing the first stages of groundwork in Mystic East.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

A photo posted in the MAP Facebook group has confirmed that Dragon Falls will indeed become 'Tiger Rock' in 2018.

Bert

Strange how it was anounceed today, I mean most Merlin additions are announceed in January of their opening year, I guess ghis addition is fairly small when compared to other additions across the Merlin theme park (Non Cbeebies). This addition does looks promising though! Nice to see Dragon Falls is getting well deserved attention.
[Insert Signature Here]
Robert.W

I have to admit, I'm really liking the look of this retheme! Initially I was a bit skeptical, but the oncept art look cool!

Dom

I'm not going to lie. I'm rather excited by this. I know its only a small thing to many people given its only really themeing and a couple of enclosures, but I think its going to look pretty epic when its done. I just hope they do it justice and really do it well. 
NemesisRider

Thought I’d add my two pence on this topic. Really glad to see Mystic East get a refresh - it really needs it. Dragon Falls’ current theming has been in a bit of a state since the statues around the drop got removed, and the paintwork hardly looks fresh. It’s also nice to hear about some new animal enclosures, always good to see more animals at Chessington! I guess it’s a fraction sad that it’s the end for Peeking Heights, it’s a decent Ferris whee but nothing I’m too worried about losing. I think this retheme will be worth it all in all!
Burniel

Seeing all the construction for myself last week, it's becoming a lot more real and exciting for me. As a local, Dragon Falls was one of my favourite attractions at the park, and has always had some kind of magic around it, which was enough in itself to make me more than happy to sit on it and appreciate it all day, in spite of the (let's face it) relatively sorry state it's found itself in over the past few years. I'm hopeful that this re-theme will manage to modernise and more immersively theme the ride while keeping that sense of nostalgia in place, and if Gruffalo is anything to go by, we're in for exactly that.

Just wanted to pick up slightly on this little corner of the concept art:

This seems to hint quite heavily towards the park keeping at least some of the current oriental architecture around the area, which I personally would like to see, provided it gets a good clean!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Owen

The existing oriental theming is anticipated to stay :)
MagicAngel94

How do they prevent robbers inside the tents?
Chris
Admin
Admin

You mean *getting inside?
MagicAngel94

Yes
Robert.W

I imagine there will be fences around the site and most likely there will be security guards at any entrances or exits. 

ThemeCrafter264

The official announcement is "We’re very excited to announce NEW for 2018, Tiger Rock, an exhilarating log flume in NEW Land of the Tiger. Get a unique view of our majestic Amur Tigers, before descending a misty waterfall drop, right through the centre of a giant tiger's head carved into the imposing rock." Image
Bert

Misty waterfall drop, as in the drop will have mist effects, or is it just PR?
[Insert Signature Here]