Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The application for the new carousel was unsurprisingly approved, subject to conditions, on Tuesday.
Liam.W

Does anyone think we might see new banners up around the Bubbleworks site hinting at the new theme anytime soon? Like how posters were put up around Air on the 23rd October that were hinting at a space theme. (You can thank me for getting that photo of the banners that went up on a fair few social media pages)
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Burniel

The Resort have uploaded this video to their YouTube channel, confirming the same two Halloween attractions for this year. Looks like The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall is truly dead now. :(
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Azza1390

Why can't I find annual pass prices for chessington howloween, or do annual pass holders have to pay full price??
Burniel

Azza1390 wrote:Why can't I find annual pass prices for chessington howloween, or do annual pass holders have to pay full price??
Merlin Annual Pass holders enter the park for free, even during this event. The additional "scare" attractions are also free.
Morgan

Chessington have announced on their Facebook page that they'll be announcing details of the replacement on Friday.
armyboy608

I'm certain it will be a gruffalo themed ride. I wonder what they will do with the final room.
If they do keep the fountains what relevance will it have to the story. Either way I can wait and I'm going to book for first thing next year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liam.W

I guess 'creature' pretty much confirms gruffalo

Stan.H

Clue 2 is now up on Instagram.
This creature has many favourite foods that they like to eat and one of them makes a 'Toowhit Toowhoo'
This has to be Gruffalo!
armyboy608

What was clue one

Dom

Chessington World of Adventures have revealed that The Gruffalo is coming to Chessington in 2017. Although its not confirmed how or where it will be making an appearance.

We are very pleased to officially announce that there will be some exciting Gruffalo activity at Chessington in 2017. The much loved children's character has captured the imagination of a generation and is a household name for families. We are delighted to give you the opportunity to come face to face with the Gruffalo at Chessington World of Adventures Resort.
matt_1985x

I reckon they should turn it into a sewer themed ride. Can you imagine? You can dye the water brown, have scent machines pumping out the smell of sewege and all kinds of legendary sewer creatures.
archie.mm

It's not looking good. It's been revealed the Gruffalo will be here for 2017. It's probably the Bubbleworks replacement...
Dom

I posted in the Chessington General Discusiion about Gruffalo being confirmed to be arriving in the park in 2017, but as it hasn't been confirmed by the park that it is going to be Bubbleworks, I posted in there.
matt_1985x

I really think a sewer themed ride would be cool. I made this a while back, you could have a room like this (whirlpool room):

Theres all sort of creatures you could have in there; Giant rats, alligators, ninja turtles lol, even demons.
The whole thing could be tunnels like this:
Burniel

I think an entire ride themed to a sewer would be a bit unappealing to the general public (especially if they kept the fountains :P). Perhaps one or two rooms could be themed in this way, but I don't know if that would fit in with the Gruffalo (assuming the replacement is to be themed to the Gruffalo).
armyboy608

matt_1985x wrote:I really think a sewer themed ride would be cool. I made this a while back, you could have a room like this (whirlpool room):

Theres all sort of creatures you could have in there; Giant rats, alligators, ninja turtles lol, even demons.
The whole thing could be tunnels like this:
I think they already have this at chessington,
It's just not open as a attraction!
[emoji6]

Nickolai

Another perspective of looking at this refurbishment is: 'The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory of Toyland tours.'
Formally Smiler313
Dom

Now that all the animals have been tucked up in bed for the year, we take a look back at the wild adventure that is Chessington World of Adventures Resort. Did you embrace your inner monkey on the new Go Ape, relax after the park closed in your Explorer Glamping tent, or take one last tour of the Bubbleworks factory? If you visited the resort this year then we'd love to hear your thoughts.
Liam.W

I only visited Chessington once this year, and it was my first ever visit, and I was very impressed! My main purpose of visiting was to ride Bubbleworks before it closed :cry: I had heard some mixed reviews of Chessington but as I've already mentioned I was very impressed and I really enjoyed it so say I'm a thrill junkie!