Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Count-Vonduel

I'm quite bitter about the wild wood as I always wanted to see the inside of the Transylvanian Burger Kitchen, can anyone post a pic of what it looked like inside as Transylvania and what it looks like now?
Dom

So you both hate it but are looking forward to it. Strange. I think this has been the right move by Chessington. People have become to sentimental over rides, which actually prevents the parks from growing with the times. This addition not only shatters the sentimentality people have on rides, but actually shows Merlin can do something really well and it seems to also be working first time, so yay for them. And the GP seem to disagree with you as it seems to be going down a treat.
Ladyofthelake

SouthParks now have a full article including full details of The Gruffalo Ride.

From a personal view I was very impressed with the ride, the theming was done well and there were some lovely effects throughout the attraction.
Owen

Count-Vonduel wrote:It looks like CatCF with bigger models, and I fail to see why it had to take the best themed area down with it too!
Its also an utter mess as far as narrative is concerned.

It looks very good and I can't wait to ride it!
I'm very confused. CatCF is nothing like this, and the area has had nothing removed from it, in fact bland areas of Transylvania have been been painted and improved. The story is that of the original book so if it's such a mess I wonder why chessington even went fir the IP, let alone it being one of the most successful children's books of all time. That being said you must know this if you're looking forward to it.

I agree with Dom, whilst it's ok to be sentimental let's try to move on - things can turn out for the better. :)

Also thanks Lakey for the small review, would you consider this an improvement over Bubbleworks?
kris3012

Owen wrote:
Count-Vonduel wrote:It looks like CatCF with bigger models, and I fail to see why it had to take the best themed area down with it too!
Its also an utter mess as far as narrative is concerned.

It looks very good and I can't wait to ride it!
I'm very confused. CatCF is nothing like this, and the area has had nothing removed from it, in fact bland areas of Transylvania have been been painted and improved. The story is that of the original book so if it's such a mess I wonder why chessington even went fir the IP, let alone it being one of the most successful children's books of all time. That being said you must know this if you're looking forward to it.

I agree with Dom, whilst it's ok to be sentimental let's try to move on - things can turn out for the better. :)

Also thanks Lakey for the small review, would you consider this an improvement over Bubbleworks?
I think from the POV it looks like an improvement Im looking forward to experiencing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T0mPr1ce

Really don't get the obsession with those bloody fountains, the ride and theming look fantastic but to have the fountains at the end with the exposed troughs?? Ruins it for me. Does anyone know how the hell they've linked them into the story and narrative?
Count-Vonduel

And the 1st room (the blank book) looks awful but to be honest it looks very good despite its many flaws!
My main issue with it is the ride itself, in bubbleworks it was designed for spinning boats but the gruffalo's theming is designed for normal boats (like Charlie's) but with the spinning boats it seems way too easy to miss plot important stuff due to the boat spinning, this is the kind of ride that needed normal boats.
I can't wait to go on it tho, it looks quite good!

The fountains look awful tho!
Owen

I think the first room the we're going door "you're going through a blank book into a new world". In regards to the fountains, they look much better than Bubbleworks' black box :lol

I think the only reason people love the fountains is it's something different... or it's because you can angle the water to soak your friends!
ThemeCrafter264

Personally, I do quite like the ride because it does make you feel like you are directly inside the book. However, I am a bit confused with the ride storyline because the audio from the video story sounded very different to the book but it may have been due to poor audio videoing quality. Does anyone know what is supposed to happen in the fountain room and the storyline because I was really confused seeing it?
T0mPr1ce

I guess this shows Merlin are almost there with their theming, I was amazed to see the projected images onto the water vapour screen! Gives a bit of hope for the theming and effects we could be getting on SW8.
Count-Vonduel

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:Personally, I do quite like the ride because it does make you feel like you are directly inside the book. However, I am a bit confused with the ride storyline because the audio from the video story sounded very different to the book but it may have been due to poor audio videoing quality. Does anyone know what is supposed to happen in the fountain room and the storyline because I was really confused seeing it?
I think the fountain room is the mouse scaring the other animals with the gruffalo and just after that is him scaring the gruffalo (with the mist screen) and as far as I can tell, the fountains are just there for their own sake.
Dan_Roe

At least the fountains are still there, right? :D #wherearethefountains
ThemeCrafter264

2/3 of the sections are there. Just not the middle one which has been replaced by a tree
Muppet738

Went there and rode it twice both times was very impressed with theming. My daughter loved as much as me when I first rode bubbleworks when it opened. It works very well but as long as they keep on top of maintenance i.e. the projectors etc
Chris
Admin
Admin

There are no differences as far as I could see.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It has been confirmed on Chessington's website that the Adventure Tree will open on March 26th.

[align=center]Image[/align]
ThemeCrafter264

And it has added to queue times
Dom

The Adventure Tree will not be opening on Sunday as planned, as announced by the Merlin Annual Pass team on FB. An opening date will be announced in the future
Burniel

So according to Chessington's queues page, it would appear that Peeking Heights has been down all season thus far. Anyone know why?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dom

Peeking Heights was working on the first MAP day. Maybe something broke during the MAP weekend and they are currently awaiting the right part