Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Qzzb_UK

Justin wrote:Just to confirm, the number is real and they will not provide you with any information :)
What about if you call as a prospective buyer and want a viewing  :) 
Justin

Then go for it :lol A viewing is a must :lol
Qzzb_UK

Justin wrote:Then go for it :lol A viewing is a must :lol
Worst case - Free entry tickets, oh and spending over 7 million 
Justin

Qzzb_UK wrote:
I think it works out a few pound cheaper your way than walking up and buying a ticket on the day! :lol
Swarm Chris

Justin wrote:
Qzzb_UK wrote:
I think it works out a few pound cheaper your way than walking up and buying a ticket on the day! :lol
No way it includes park entry! :lol
Justin

Just reading some comments on Facebook and one of them was using Julia Donaldson's 'Room on the Broom'. I think that would work well to be honest!
Swarm Chris

Would fit in well and with modern theming something like that should be quite good. Not much they can really do with the space, so it will be nice to see it all refreshed. I'm not sure anything in there currently was ever changed from when it first opened.
Dom

I know I'm probably on my own with this but I'm heart broken. Hocus Pocus Hall was always something I made sure I visited on every visit as it's just so happy and fun. But. I am intrigued to see what they plan to do with this!
Ladyofthelake

I can't say I'm surprised that Hocus Pocus Hall is going. It is a shadow of what it once was and has been looking very tired for a while now. I think it was pretty obvious once the 3D glasses were taken away that it was on borrowed time. For me, it's never been something I've gone out of my way to do at the Resort - in fact on several occasions I've waited outside whilst others have gone in. Having said that, I know many people loved the attraction, especially younger families and I think whatever replaces it needs to ensure it is aimed at that same audience.

It will be interesting to see what replaces Hocus Pocus Hall. If I remember correctly the building is at least protected, if not listed, which will limit what can be done to it. Having seen how well Gruffalo was done, I'm hopeful that whatever we get in place of Hocus Pocus will be of just a high standard.
Swarm Chris

Chessington has released a teaser for the replacement to Hocus Pocus Hall, containing a list of interested parties including several former characters at the park.

I can see Zappomatic, Rodger the Dodger and of course Professor Burp. Any more I've missed?

Also odd they've continued with the local estate agent advertising. :-k

Edit: There is also Dr S Tripes from Tiger Rock advertising.
Wagstaff04

Sir Skipper could be a reference to the Penguins of Madagascar?
Dungeon-X-Smile

Could A Witch be referring to one of their halloween characters? Don't they normally have a witched themed maze (I wouldn't know for certain cause I've never attended one)
Justin

I'm sure it is all pointing towards Room on the Broom. The IP has been used for storytelling sessions and is due to return this Halloween....

Young Adventurers can enjoy a spooky storytelling with characters from Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s much loved story. Meet the witch with ‘a very tall hat’ and find out if there is room for you and your family on her ‘truly magnificent broom’!
Dungeon-X-Smile

I slightly hope it isn't, but I'm pretty sure Justin's right. It would suck to watch another original concept ride being replaced with an IP, but I guess it can't be helped. I am very glad that they are revamping Hocus Pocus. It was my fav as a child but those effects are long outdated. The preshow is terrifying for all the wrong reasons. That said, I will miss it. 
Qzzb_UK

Swarm Chris wrote:Chessington has released a teaser for the replacement to Hocus Pocus Hall, containing a list of interested parties including several former characters at the park.

I can see Zappomatic, Rodger the Dodger and of course Professor Burp. Any more I've missed?

Also odd they've continued with the local estate agent advertising. :-k

Isn’t Professor Burb technically dead - given his gravestone is by the Vampire? Bit worrying he is putting in a bid from beyond the grave!
ChessingtonSam

Qzzb_UK wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote:Chessington has released a teaser for the replacement to Hocus Pocus Hall, containing a list of interested parties including several former characters at the park.

Also odd they've continued with the local estate agent advertising.  :-k

Isn’t Professor Burb technically dead - given his gravestone is by the Vampire? Bit worrying he is putting in a bid from beyond the grave!
I guess so, but that gravestone was there before he reappeared for Bubbleworks closing, so maybe Prof. Burp is a zombie now?
Justin

Qzzb_UK wrote: Isn’t Professor Burb technically dead - given his gravestone is by the Vampire? Bit worrying he is putting in a bid from beyond the grave!
Insurance job ;)
abigsmurf

The Witch in Room on the Broom is simply known as "The Witch" isn't she? Guessing names will keep getting ticked off until just "A Witch" is left.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Chessington have today confirmed that Room on the Broom - A Magical Journey will be replacing Hocus Pocus Hall for the 2019 season! Based on the popular book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, guests will start at the enchanted library before walking into the pages of the book. As you help the Witch search for her hat, bow and wand, there will be encounters with Dog, Bird and Frog, along with the Dragon.

https://www.chessington.com/room-on-the-broom/

Danny

Disappointing to see another new addition being an IP, and possibly actor led. When will they learn?