Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Max

Disappointing again from the parks, they've had great FHT events in the past. Really hoping that Christmas isn't the replacement for the FHT event as the ride offering is less than good. However, if the excuse is that they will be repainting areas/refurbishing things like they are already doing with vampire, and the park looks fantastic come March, then there will be no complaints here. Only time will tell.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Morgan

Picture Heavy
Following my visit earlier today, I thought I'd show you some construction pictures and updates.
First up is the Smokehouse BBQ site. All that is visible is a blue fence, blocking the area of to the public.

Next up is Transylvania, where lots of work has been going on, mainly on Vampire. The original entrance has been done-up, and there are bats added to the fencing around the disabled entrance round the back of Trail of the Kings.

Bubbleworks has also had a facade restored.

All trains on Safari Skyway are queuing outside the station, except for one. The queue has also been removed in recent days, and builders where seen on it's former site.

Scaffolding is underneath Rattlesnake's and Dragon's Fury's lifts. I think there is some beneath Vampire as well. Apparently, Dragon's Fury is having a repaint as well.

All that can be seen in Mexicana is a white van, which says "...Construction..."

Black Buccaneer is covered in scaffolding, as usual.

I've also been told that Penguins of Madagascar still has another few years on the contract, so the show shall be returning.
BenBowser

Penguins of Madagascar is on an eight year contract by the way. :)
Max

Well that's the end of Safari Skyway and quite clearly the beginning of the end for Rameses Revenge... Yet still nothing new.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As reported on SouthParks News, Chessington have confirmed in the FAQ section of their website that Safari Skyway will be permanently removed, whilst Rameses Revenge will only operate on peak days of the season.

[align=center]Image[/align]
MakoMania

lewis97 wrote:As reported on SouthParks News, Chessington have confirmed in the FAQ section of their website that Safari Skyway will be permanently removed, whilst Rameses Revenge will only operate on peak days of the season.

[align=center]Image[/align]
What classes as a peak day?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Morgan

I believe a peak day is a busier one, eg. summer holidays.

I'm not too surprised to see Safari Skyway being retired, this year would have been it's 30th anniversary. It's been down since the summer for the past two years as well, if not more. It will be a shame to see it go, it was an iconic attraction that families have enjoyed for many a year.

Personally, I think that 2016 will be the last year for Rameses Revenge. It's been struggling over the past few years, with it being closed for half the season in 2013. It feels a bit robotic during the main portion of sequence two, whether this is something standard of Huss Topspins, I don't know.
BenBowser

Rameses Revenge will not be removed. For one, it's got lots of lovey Ripsaw and Garda Top Spin parts to chew up. Plus that thing is pretty much part of the ground now anyway. It would be one hell of a task to remove the ride.
CorkyForever

I think Rameses will be going soon. I think they've clung on to it for as long as possible already (possibly due to it's location) but they know it will have to go at some point so might do it now that they're making ride cuts across their uk resorts. Considering Ripsaw has pretty much gone to the scrapheap I can't imagine it's parts are that fantastic either.
Stan.H

CorkyForever wrote:I think Rameses will be going soon. I think they've clung on to it for as long as possible already (possibly due to it's location) but they know it will have to go at some point so might do it now that they're making ride cuts across their uk resorts. Considering Ripsaw has pretty much gone to the scrapheap I can't imagine it's parts are that fantastic either.
Rameses Revenge will only be open on Peak days this year...
Max

CorkyForever wrote: Ripsaw has pretty much gone to the scrapheap I can't imagine it's parts are that fantastic either.
It's actually been preserved quite nicely on the carpark. There will definitely be some parts it can go through. However, we will be lucky to see RR last another 2 seasons.
CorkyForever

Emporium wrote:
CorkyForever wrote:I think Rameses will be going soon. I think they've clung on to it for as long as possible already (possibly due to it's location) but they know it will have to go at some point so might do it now that they're making ride cuts across their uk resorts. Considering Ripsaw has pretty much gone to the scrapheap I can't imagine it's parts are that fantastic either.
Rameses Revenge will only be open on Peak days this year...
I know, hence I said that! [emoji14]
NemesisNosh wrote:
CorkyForever wrote: Ripsaw has pretty much gone to the scrapheap I can't imagine it's parts are that fantastic either.
It's actually been preserved quite nicely on the carpark. There will definitely be some parts it can go through. However, we will be lucky to see RR last another 2 seasons.
Yes, but Ripsaw isn't exactly sparkly new.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Ladyofthelake on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit to remove double post
Most Recent Visit
Jared

Rameses Revenge will operate for as long as is viable. Much in a similar way to Safari Skyway. It'll run until the park can no longer see it as worth while to repair, or it becomes condemned due to safety concerns, which can be the case at some theme parks.

Safari Skyway has been on it's way out for a couple of years. Now the park have finally got the time (and money) to properly invest into ride maintenance this season, they've realised that it's just not worth the huge expense on new trains, new sections of track and of course some foundations need work. Why spend all that money fixing up a ride that is past it's prime, when a suitable replacement with a higher throughput, a new route (more in keeping with the zoo) and of course a much more reliable transit system can be found? It's nonsensical to fix what cannot be fixed much longer. Rest in Peace Safari Skyway, may you go to Theme Park Heaven.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Chessington have posted a photo on Facebook showing the latest progress on the construction of Smokehouse BBQ.

Ryan.B

for anyone who wants to know, safari skyway is to be totally removed, not SBNO.
BenBowser

Well, it will be partly removed. :P Some of the more difficult to access sections will be left standing.
toofpikk

New for 2016:

The link shows them in all their glory!
http://www.lrg-international.com/portfo ... in-badges/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I just hope these are the ones that get released and aren't just concepts)
Dom

If that is correct and accurate and Chessington are finally doing pin badges than yay!
ponder

Morgan wrote:Yes, it's been cancelled so the park can do some TLC. The park is already looking much better. I know that they are doing quite a bit in Transylvania, including re-building the Bubbleworks drop.

Anybody spotting a theme here? TLC *should* be standard practice in theme parks during off-season, but Merlin are using it as a reason not to invest in other areas. Understandable, due to the fallout from the Smiler incident, but disappointing nonetheless.
Morgan

It's because Chessington have finally got some money to do some painting and fixing up of their attractions, something that is well overdue