Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
BenBowser

Hi there all. I was riding zufari for the second time the other day and paid a lot more attention to detail and realised that on the map and at the top of the truck it says that there are 9 species to see in the ride, where as on the pre video and in the announcements on ride, it says that there is only five. The ride Is quite short and most people say "is that it" after riding. I was just wondering if there was a possibility that construction of the ride was delayed so they opened it as quickly as they can and changed what they could to make it a five animal ride. I think that the rest of the animals will be added for next season as an 'Expedition 2' type thing. Do you agree?
Owen

There is 9, but it only talks about 5  ;)

Look closely, all 9 are visible
DeanGaryCox

The whole ride needs reworking and tweaking slightly which isn't usually expected to be perfect first time round... and guessing with the budget cut from the extra work other rides and the park needed, and was probably rushed to open on time - would definitely hope to see it being worked on over the closed season... although highly doubt the ride will be extended.

I would have personally liked there to be some fast sections like rhino rally, but there really isn't the space, and the gaps the trucks have to squeeze through between enclosures to stop the animals changing enclosure areas so just not going to happen...

going on the idea, Zufari seemed like the perfect investment for chessington keeping in with the zoo side of it, as well as bringing in a ride... but in my opinion, it is rather disappointed, not saying i won't ride it again when i go next.
Image 2014
BenBowser

You say all nine are visible but here are the ostriches? Where are the blesbok? Where are the oryx? Where are the Sitatungas?

Answers these fully and I will comply!
Burniel

As you go through the giraffes look behind and to the right.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
BenBowser

Really! That's poo! They don't even drive over there!
bensaund

What do you expect all the animals to come directly to the truck?

If you went on a real safari in Africa, you wouldn't get nowhere near as many animals so close. For what Zufari gives it guests, it ticks all the boxes for the park. There is room for improvement, ditch the pre-show for one, but Chessington don't have the space to expand and add lots of extra animals.

I don't know what people expect from it really, I have ridden it 3 times this year once when it first opened a month later and a few weeks ago, everytime we have seen a good selection of animals and the Giraffe came up close every time. I got a great video last time showing all the animals. Yes the ride could be a lot longer and the cave could do a little more work, but everytime I have been on the ride all the families have really enjoyed themselves and come off laughing.
If you go down to the woods today
Burniel

bensaund wrote: What do you expect all the animals to come directly to the truck?

If you went on a real safari in Africa, you wouldn't get nowhere near as many animals so close. For what Zufari gives it guests, it ticks all the boxes for the park. There is room for improvement, ditch the pre-show for one, but Chessington don't have the space to expand and add lots of extra animals.

I don't know what people expect from it really, I have ridden it 3 times this year once when it first opened a month later and a few weeks ago, everytime we have seen a good selection of animals and the Giraffe came up close every time. I got a great video last time showing all the animals. Yes the ride could be a lot longer and the cave could do a little more work, but everytime I have been on the ride all the families have really enjoyed themselves and come off laughing.
I would agree completely with all of this.

Highlight of the ride: having to stop for zebra to cross the tracks:
"LOOK IT'S A ZEBRA CROSSING!"
haydn!

Why is Zufari really considered so bad? At the end of the day, it's not trying to be a rollecoaster, it's a safari ride, with a brief storyline. The sooner people accept it for what it is, the sooner you can all move on to find something else to moan about, like a new bin in a bad spot or a bench that needs a lick of paint.
obliviongirl

So according to the website, Rameses Revenge will not not be operating again until 2014. When I visited with friends last month, the ride was covered with what looked like scaffolding, although I only quickly passed it once or twice. I really hope that repairs are made to it so I won't break down so regularly next season, because if it continues to have problems, I can imagine Merlin closing down the ride altogether, which is a shame, because it's one of the best rides at Chessington WOA in my opinion.
The Runaway Train couldn't be seen at all as there was a black wooden fence blocking off the whole area, although there was a sign just outside asking for your ideas about the new look of the coaster. There was a similar sign by Dragon Falls, but the ride was still operating as usual.
BenBowser

What I think would be a good way to expand Zufari would be to take the ride and extend it so that it goes through the wanyama reserve and showed you the animals in there as after all that area is part of the zufari land. The other thing would be to add more effect to the cave such as both ends closing over so that your trapped until the flash flood happens and then the end opens and you go through that waterfall. What do you thing of my idea?
bensaund

Here you go, somebody with a good idea rather than saying "It's rubbish" :)

Edited to remove swearing ~ Michelle TTF
Last edited by bensaund on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you go down to the woods today
Burniel

nemesisben110 wrote: What I think would be a good way to expand Zufari would be to take the ride and extend it so that it goes through the wanyama reserve and showed you the animals in there as after all that area is part of the zufari land. The other thing would be to add more effect to the cave such as both ends closing over so that your trapped until the flash flood happens and then the end opens and you go through that waterfall. What do you thing of my idea?
Nice idea but would increase ride time and therefore the already long queue times will grow?
BenBowser

Ilovecoasters wrote:
nemesisben110 wrote: What I think would be a good way to expand Zufari would be to take the ride and extend it so that it goes through the wanyama reserve and showed you the animals in there as after all that area is part of the zufari land. The other thing would be to add more effect to the cave such as both ends closing over so that your trapped until the flash flood happens and then the end opens and you go through that waterfall. What do you thing of my idea?
Nice idea but would increase ride time and therefore the already long queue times will grow?
Thank you. There is usually two unused trucks to the side of the loading bay any way so that if the did extend it into the reserve then they could add more trucks as it would take longer to get to the cave. Would this work?
Burniel

But why do you think they have these? Probably because at some points te don't have enough staff or something like that.

I would imagine the same would happen if we extended it
Jamie

nemesisben110 wrote: I was just wondering if there was a possibility that construction of the ride was delayed so they opened it as quickly as they can and changed what they could to make it a five animal ride.
Zufari had it's budget cut so they could destroy knock down a lot of the theming on Dragon Falls and completely destruct the Runaway Mine Train rockwork because these parts of theming were unsafe (due to poor maintenance!)
They have said that they are replacing it though, but it's a shame that Zufari suffered as a result of this.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Jared

Jamie wrote:
nemesisben110 wrote: I was just wondering if there was a possibility that construction of the ride was delayed so they opened it as quickly as they can and changed what they could to make it a five animal ride.
Zufari had it's budget cut so they could destroy knock down a lot of the theming on Dragon Falls and completely destruct the Runaway Mine Train rockwork because these parts of theming were unsafe (due to poor maintenance!)
Wrong.

1. The budget was cut due to a certain Staffordshire theme park messing up their coaster.
2. Not poor maintenance. Poor construction. Runaway Trains rocks were built on scaffolding!
Jamie

Jared wrote:
Jamie wrote:
1. The budget was cut due to a certain Staffordshire theme park messing up their coaster.
2. Not poor maintenance. Poor construction. Runaway Trains rocks were built on scaffolding!
That's not what I heard, and I've talked to staff at the park.
The scaffolding thing is true though I think.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Jared

Jamie wrote:
Jared wrote:
Jamie wrote: Zufari had it's budget cut so they could destroy knock down a lot of the theming on Dragon Falls and completely destruct the Runaway Mine Train rockwork because these parts of theming were unsafe (due to poor maintenance!)
That's not what I heard, and I've talked to staff at the park.
The scaffolding thing is true though I think.
I talk to management on a regular basis...
haydn!

I don't see how the Smiler being delayed impacted the budget for the ride which was already almost complete, before it even went vertical?