Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Emma

I went on Rameses Revenge today.
Normally this ride is a bit of a highlight for me, being the only ride in the park that goes upside down, but I was disappointed; it honestly felt like Rammy was really struggling. Yeah I know she is old and definitely in need of a bit of love but the poor thing struggled to do the tame first cycle and the second cycle was painful and jerky and definitely not enjoyable

I don't know how much longer our beloved Topspin has left at cheesy, but it will be a sad time when she goes. RIP
altontowerskid

Rameses Revenge is one of those rides I'd love to see replaced with a new replica with added effects :)

I understand the target market and blah blah blah; but the park does need to ensure it caters for few thrills, in order to keep teens entertained. I have seen many teen groups at Chessy, and more young teens are looking for thrills these days.
Emma

^^  I second that.

Talocan @ Phantasialand anyone?  ;)
Robster28

http://news.sky.com/story/1104480/about ... ngton-ride

London firebrigade has just summited on their website that they are cutting restraints off the ride so people can climb down the ladder on the side of the ride it is stuck 20ft in the air.

What does everyone else think will the ride be removed now if so what do you think will replace it

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/LatestInc ... b4EwmS9Kc0
Last edited by Robster28 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Admin
Admin

About 40 People Stuck On Chessington Ride

Page last updated 19:28PM Sunday June 16, 2013

The Fire Brigade are working to rescue 40 people stuck on a ride at Chessington World Of Adventures in south west London.
The emergency services were called to the theme park shortly after 5 pm.

Those on the ride are stranded 20ft (6m) in the air.

Justin Coo of London Fire Brigade told Sky News that many of those trapped were "agitated and stressed".

He said children as young as eight were likely to have been on it but - as there was a minimum height requirement of 1.4 metres - there were not thought to be any aged younger.

Mr Coo said people were being freed, said he expected all people to be rescued within the hour.

More follows...
DeanGaryCox

Was only there just the other day (thursday), so glad i managed to get on this ride when i did (as i love it compared to ripsaw), but always worried it will break down as it has happened to me on ripsaw for about 10/15 mins before... and well then this happens!  :shock:

EDIT: I know none of us know the reason why it's happened but does anyone reckon ripsaw will be in operation tomorrow? and i've seen ripsaw stuck several times now and had to be manually bought back down due to a larger riders restraints not fully locking, even though safe, which casues the ride to emergency stop midway through (i'm guessing?), surely they have realised this because it seems to happen too often! but doubt this incident has anything to do with that...
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
mattallennet

Altontowerskid - did you sabotage the ride today? :-D

Coasterchick - ATK just gave you your answer ;-)
Rollermad

It's not going to leave just because of this, it will probably be fixed by tomorrow
Rob
Admin
Admin

It's not going to be fixed by tomorrow. It will need new restraints to start with as the current ones have been cut off.
Rollermad

Oops forgot about that :)
Emma

I knew Rammy wasn't doing well on Thursday, I must've known something was going to happen!
Wedjie

CoasterChick wrote: ^^  I second that.

Talocan @ Phantasialand anyone?  ;)
No, if they're going to get anything like Talocan they better not put it in chessington, because i never go there ;)

Send Ripsaw to Chessie and get a Talocan at AT ;) Would probably fit in quite well :P
Wedjie

It will be gone, or at least have a major refurb (ie replace everything)

I don't really follow Chesington, but does this ride experience a lot of problems? I know its quite old.
Pennywise

Slow news day, was it?
abigsmurf

This ride seems to break down all the time, often with riders stuck (usually not for long though).

It doesn't take up a massive amount of space but surely they must be considering a replacement given its age, reliability and being a bit out of place at a family park.

Big question is what you'd put in place.
Wedjie

Just send them ripsaw...

and give AT Talocan ;)
Emma

^^ No chessie need some love!  :lol:
Benb

Classic Huss top spin problems. These rides (Ripsaw included) were never meant to run with constant water jets being shot at them. I'm guessing the E-vac system didn't kick in and it just froze instead.

On a wider note it does seem a little concerning as to how many complaints about general shoddiness and maintenance issues seem to be coming out about Merlin's parks right now.... Hopefully it's just coincidence.
Wedjie

It is a bit worrying, normally there is a manual release to get the ride down and release the guests - obviously a more serious problem if they had to be cut out.
Wedjie

Meh. I think Merlin are doing the right thing and taking Chessie family orientated and Thorpe less so.
Keeps both groups happy :)