Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Marcus

Could someone help me and give a link of how to contact chessy via email please? I cant seem to find it on their website.  :cry:
ImURNemesis

Marcus

I need a e-mail address and I don't wanna call them about it, iv'e checked their facebook page but cant find a email on there!  :x
Rob
Admin
Admin

Use the contact form.
Marcus

Where?
Last edited by Marcus on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImURNemesis

Where it says still need to get in touch.
stu1980

im here n Nov 3rd i,ll try too
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Marcus

Cheers!  :D
haydn!

I'm guessing this would be why the proposed new animal exhibits they received planning permission for were pulled last minute late last year. That said, it is unusual they're extending into the park when there is ample room on the opposite side/back for this extension.

Hopefully new enclosures will be introduced 2014 as well, rather than those animals leave all together.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Chessington has severe planning difficulties when it comes to expanding the parks boundaries. This is probably why they decided to go internal with the hotel extension.

It also gives you even more rooms you can sell at a higher premium and class them as 'inside' the theme park.
seanyblitz

Marcus Assab wrote: Im in year 10 and I do work experience soon and I was thinking doing it at Chessington since its 1/2 hr away from me. Do you think it will be any good? Or what did you guys do for work experience?
I'm sure this is probably done and dusted now, but here's my input.  I worked at CWoA for six seasons (03-08) and in my time there I don't remember there being any work experience people at all.  I was a supervisor for four years and, as other people have said, I don't recall any work experience people on the operational side of things in any departments.  With H&S and all that, most staff will take several days to train up on anything and need attention from supervisors, so it's not worth it. I was in the Cleaning and Car Parks department and even we wouldn't take work experience. It has been a few years now tho so worth finding out.

HOWEVER, I do believe office-based teams may do, i.e. HR, Marketing etc, so defo get in touch. Wouldn't be quite as exciting though. I actually applied for work experience there when I was in year 10 (2002 - god I feel old!) but they didn't do it. Ended up doing a week with the Met with Lambeth Drug Squad so didn't do too badly!

Also, Merlin have a pretty major office less than a mile down Leatherhead Road (old Tussauds Group head office) so get in touch with them as well. That office complex is called Silverglade.

I loved working at Chessy (weekends and school/uni holidays) so good luck, and presumably you could apply to work there from the 2014 season if you're in year 10 now. There were plenty of people who travelled from Croydon.
Vanessa Feltz

Alton have given people Work Experience in Park Operations before and even now, So I would assume Chessington would be the same.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
oliviamae

I realise this is probably too late, but if you want to end up working in a theme park environment, any tourist attractions for work experience would be helpful as you're dealing with leisure and tourism there.
starbugger1303

I've got a place at Towers for work experience for this year. So, there's a possibility that Chessington may do it too.

Just send an email to their head of Human Resources asking about it.

:)
Marcus

starbugger1303 wrote: I've got a place at Towers for work experience for this year. So, there's a possibility that Chessington may do it too.

Just send an email to their head of Human Resources asking about it.

:)
Thanks, do you know what you're doing?
Owen

I know there is a new coaster topic but this is for only ideas on a 1.4 coaster

What would it be?
Where would it be?
What theme would it have?
What year would it open it?

My idea:I think at some point COWA should invest in a multi launch coaster like manta sea world san Diego  to be installed in Africa behind trees so that it wouldn't ruin the area, behind the trees would be the ride and a new plaza.
It would be a highly similar theme to cheater hunt at bush gardens but be low to the ground like manta,it would open in 2016 and have a top speed of 65mph

(Not saying this will happen just an IDEA)
Last edited by Owen on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pennywise

Won't happen.
Owen

D4n wrote: Won't happen.
Hence the IDEAS bit  :shock:
Pennywise

Why does it warrant discussion though? Surely this would work better in one of the off-topic forums where concepts and ideas really belong. Ultimately, because of the restrictions imposed upon Chessington my the local council (green-belt land, noise restrictions, height limits) it would be very difficult for a 1.4m coaster idea to so much as arise in concept. Practical ideas barely exist. Besides, when the park is so obviously aiming itself at the family market, and decent family-thrill coasters can be built without the burden of such a high height restriction (Blue Fire, Th13teen), why would they?

It just seems silly to me. Sure, discuss concepts and ideas for a new Chessington coaster, though doubts are beginning to emerge in my mind as to whether we'll even see one of those after all this time, but the chances of this happening are below slim - they're zero.
Last edited by Pennywise on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen

D4n wrote: Why does it warrant discussion though? Surely this would work better in one of the off-topic forums where concepts and ideas really belong. Ultimately, because of the restrictions imposed upon Chessington my the local council (green-belt land, noise restrictions, height limits) it would be very difficult for a 1.4m coaster idea to so much as arise in concept. Practical ideas barely exist. Besides, when the park is so obviously aiming itself at the family market, and decent family-thrill coasters can be built without the burden of such a high height restriction (Blue Fire, Th13teen), why would they?

It just seems silly to me. Sure, discuss concepts and ideas for a new Chessington coaster, though doubts are beginning to emerge in my mind as to whether we'll even see one of those after all this time, but the chances of this happening are below slim - they're zero.
I agree fully but as I said ideas,it's my first time trying my own topic  :oops: