Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
DiogoJ42

That is stupid. There is nothng wrong with the ride.
Islander

On the one hand I agree, but on the other Chessington need to be seen to be doing a full, thorough safety check of the entire attraction, whether it needs it or not.
James6

I agree the ride itself doesn't need to be, but I'm sure it'd raise questions to other visitors why a different entrance was being used.

Also it may be seen as offering a sign of respect.

Will be interesting to see how long it stays closed for though!
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
DiogoJ42

Knowing M£rlin, they will use this as an excuse to close the ride for the rest of the season and save a few bob. :roll:
MattsDesigns

Praying for miracles or doctor errors like I always do. Those injuries sound pretty severe for a 14 ft drop.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
formula1fan

MattsDesigns wrote: Praying for miracles or doctor errors like I always do. Those injuries sound pretty severe for a 14 ft drop.
Yes, the drop is only 14ft, but what needs to be remembered is that the girl was only four years old, so her body would almost certainly suffer more serious injuries than if she were a fully-grown adult. Even so, I'd imagine that the injuries suffered if a fully-grown adult fell from that height would be quite severe. :)
ImURNemesis

I hope that the girl is ok, my thoughts are with her and her family.

A bit silly to close Tomb blaster though, the ride is fine it just needs the bridge to be adressed.
Delta79

Has anyone heard anything about the recovery of this little girl?
Boz

last thing i heard was as of a couple of days ago she is still in intensive care :( poor thing.
according to the mothers statment she "fell through the fence" which could mean a missing panel, or a loose one.
if it was loose, the chances of it being spotted during morning checks are pretty slim. but i severley doubt it would have been missing in the morning, if it was, then some unforunate ride host is in a lot of trouble.
lozzyhickers

I'm coming to Chessington for the first time on Mon 23rd July. What are the queues like generally? And do you have any advice about what to ride at certain times etc? We will be visiting all day. Thanks
Rob
Admin
Admin

Are the schools on holiday during your visit? If so the park will be busy. If not the park will be really quiet.

Best ride to head for first if the park is busy would be Vampire and Bubble works. Then work your way round. Dragons fury would be one to keep an eye on but if busy leave it till last.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickhutson

I guess you mean "QUITE busy" (as opposed to quiet busy) :)
Nick Hutson
Presenter - The Season Pass Podcast and Nick\'s Season Pass ERT
http://www.theseasonpasspodcast.com
Producer and Co-Presenter - MusicalTalk - The UK\'s Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
Rob
Admin
Admin

nickhutson wrote: I guess you mean "QUITE busy" (as opposed to quiet busy) :)
Darn auto correct.
lozzyhickers

Thanks Rob, yeah the schools are off apparently. I'm not fussed about Dragons Fury at all. Thanks for the advice  :)
Rob
Admin
Admin

Oh you have to go on Dragons Fury, a trip to Chessington wouldn't be the same.
jackgcse

aim to go on Fury first, or very very last thing! It is usually short queues at those times, however if you plan to do it first, you need to be in the grass car park, rather than the main, however they are usually both open!
lozzyhickers

I'm definetly not doing Dragon's. I tried Spinball for the first time last year (i've been going to the park for 18 years though) and I hated it! I can't stand things that spin because I regularly get inner ear infections.
dominoes

^That's a shame. It is great fun! It doesn't spin as much as Spinball, and it isn't as intense.
lozzyhickers

UPDATE: she has been taken out of her coma and she is talking. Apparntly one of the first things she said is if she can go back!
Any idea how long this investigation will last and TB will be open again? I'm going on the 23rd and i've never been before, and probably never will so i'll be gutted if I can't go on!
dominoes

Thank god she is alright. So happy she is better, that fall sounded awful...