Best Themed Ride Ever?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Danzaw*nk

What do you think is the best themed ride ever?

I would have to say Expedition Everest at Disney Animal Kingdom.

The mountain and queue line theming purely.

You?

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Matt 125

Expedition Everest does look amazing and the themeing is top notch, but for me my best themed ride ever has got to be Tower of Terror.

I only say this because to me, it is the best themed ride. I have been there and experienced the whole ride, and it is truly amazing. The queuline is themed from start to finish and the whole building hasn't got a single flaw. The ride, is great aswell!

So for me Tower of Terror!

Matt :D
AstroDan

Have not ridden Expedition Everest, but from images alone it would seem to me to be the best!

Although the following are worthy of mention, so far as Europe goes!

- Big Thunder Mountain, Paris.

Simply superb re-creation of the ride. Everything is perfect, although the queuline is very claustrophobic.

- Nemesis Inferno

This is one of Tussauds best pieces of theming work. It's brilliant. It looks wonderful - particularly at night. When all effects work, it's top notch.

- Valhalla

Haven't ridden it, but surely gets a mention for all the raving about it!

- Hex

Need I say more.

- Poseidon

Station alone - this is sublime.

- Black Mamba

Again, not ridden this, but from the images alone, this looks to have the best interactive terrain layout in the world and looks - stunning.

:D
Gax

I'd have to agree with expedition everest, but also jurassic park at IOA, the attention to detail is amazing, this is a ride that is all about theming, and also creates a thrill!
Ash

Expedition everest is brilliant.

I would say the worlds best themed ride.
Jonnyboy

Valhalla is not one of the best themed rides in the world. :shock:
AstroDan

Sorry matey, but I haven't been to America so I can't comment, therefore I am commenting about rides in Europe that I have ridden. Indeed, I haven't been on Valhalla either but I have mentioned it as there are loads of TTFers who do nothign but big it up, so it must be pretty darn good.
Thomas

Stormforce 10

Simply superb ride and themeing IMO, right from entering the Que there's themeing in your face everywhere, and the fishermen in the Que that tells you about RNLI or something is amazing

Hex also gets a big thumbs up from me, the Que out side the ruins/castle sucks a bit but inside i think it top noch, and through out the ride

Thomas
Jonnyboy

America has little to do with it. The vast majority of parks in America don't invest in dark or notably themed rides at all. This doesn't make them bad parks, but you're probably focusing more in Orlando parks.

Valhalla has little character - it's ocassionally themed well, but most of it takes place in the dark, the theming has no coherence, theirs no soundtrack, and alot of it is oddly plasticy. River Caves, despite it's age, at the same park, has some gorgeous, classic theming and ambience.

In the UK... Hex and Nemesis.

Poseidon at Europa Park and Black Mamba are stunning. Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris. Pirates of the Carribean too. But, America wise, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is notably superb in the theming stakes.
doom+sons1988

Journey to the centre of the earth at Disney Sea, to build a entire working volcano out of rock is a pretty amazing feat.

Also I think Phantom Manor should get a mention as it the greatest haunted house built ever, nothing has matched it's eeire atmosphere.

Hex is probably best themed ride we have in this country, I would have said The Haunted House and Bubbleworks but they've been butchered quite violently.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Stevogriff

I thought Jurassic Park was themed quite well because when on the quiet section of the ride, it actually looks like you're travelling through the wilderness and the dinosaurs throughout the ride also look real from the boat.

In this country i would say hex and nemesis because a load of the other well themed rides in this country have been ruined,

Steve :D
Anonymous

i wud ave thought tidal wave. wel its one of the best ive seen. nem inferno has great themeing too and big thunder mountain in paris. i wonder if tussauds got the idea of themes like nemesis and nem inferno from big thunder mountain
Steve in labour

I would agree that Tower Of Terror is 1 of the best.