Spaceworld, Japan

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Shent

Erm, that ride from thorpe isnt it? stealth or something
Last edited by Shent on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
......The one and only... :sus:
Ketchup

[quote=""Mattz0r""]Erm, that ride from thorpe isnt it? stealth or something, anyway copying gits! :evil:[/quote]

:roll:

Excuse the spam.
james0507

its not copying its purchasing the same ride! theres nothing wrong with two rides being the same
Dr Pop Rocket

Actually Zaturn is about 10ft taller than stealth. Yes the coaster has the same layout but no doubt stealth is the more well known coaster. Plus it has a way better paint job. Plus it is most likely more well themed than zaturn. But only time will tell.
Anonymous

I don't really mind because the ride is halfway across the world from where we are so it wont affect us :lol:. I don't want to seem biased but Stealth does look the better coaster :rock:.
Ketchup

[quote=""danzaman123""]I don't really mind because the ride is halfway across the world from where we are so it wont affect us :lol:. I don't want to seem biased but Stealth does look the better coaster :rock:.[/quote]

It's 10ft taller how can it be worse! ;p
Hopefully it will have an extended layout beyond the tophat.
A few helixes like Xcelerator, would be cool.
james0507

itz a bit technical but danzaman 123 said it looks better not its a better ride and looks are to do with the way it looks ie. coulour of track etc. get ma drift?
Ketchup

[quote=""james0507""]itz a bit technical but danzaman 123 said it looks better not its a better ride and looks are to do with the way it looks ie. coulour of track etc. get ma drift?[/quote]

It's quite clear that he didn't mean it in that context. ¬_¬
themeparkfreak

why does everyone keep on going on about Stealth? its just a crappy, minutare version of Kingda Ka, which beacuse its the tallest and fstest coaster in the world, everyone seems to think its the best coaster in the world.
Anonymous

[quote=""james0507""]its not copying its purchasing the same ride! theres nothing wrong with two rides being the same[/quote]

I never said there's anything wrong with it. I'm looking forward to Stealth and don't believe it'll be 'crappy and miniature, as themeparkfreak says (have you actually seen it? Miniature isn't the word that springs to mind!).

I'm interested to see how many more of these types of intamin accelerators there will be and how long it will take before something new comes along to dominate the market. Will they prove as popular as the B&M Inverter in terms of longevity and sales, or will they be a short-lived blip in the future of coaster history? More importantly, does the phrase, 'future of coaster history' hurt your brain as much as it does mine? :-? Answers on a used AT season pass please.
Anonymous

OMG!

I'm sooo tired of top hat rides - there the most dire, unimaginative rides a park can think of. And who the hell clones and scaled-down close :lol:. Copyright should be introduced on coasters :P. It's just a good job they're not cloning a John Wardly layout.

When will it end! B&M, we need you badly!
Ketchup

[quote=""Lewis""]When will it end! B&M, we need you badly![/quote]

cough Batman cough!

B&M aren't as original as people think they are. I mean must of their layouts are similar in their inversion order. Apart from Nemesis I think every inverts first inversion is a vertical loop!

Often followed by the zero-g roll, than a few more inversions, a break run and two interlocking corkscrews!

To be fair, I think Intamin are more original. Other than the top hat rockets they are all pretty original ranging fro Speed Monster to Storm Runner. I'd call those 2 vastly different.
Anonymous

Well neither Intamin or B&M are "original" in that context, unless I'm wrong in saying the actual companies don't design the rides? As coaster types go, Intamins get their asses creamed.
John

B&M aren't as original as people think they are. I mean must of their layouts are similar in their inversion order
To a certain extenct the inversion order has to be the same for most coasters - start with tall invesions (loops/cobra rolls/zero g rolls etc) and then put in the corkscrews later on when the ride has slowed down a bit, nemesis is only different because its in a hole.

Having said that yes B&M do a lot of clones, but most of their clones are at the six flags parks who seem to trying to get the same rides in all their parks. I know thats not strictly true

Anyway, top hat clones. I'm surprised there are so many of these being built, at first it was just parks trying to break the height record but now no-one's bothering with that anymore which makes building a top hat a bit pointless. Parks should go for longer launched coasters, with a top hat followed by some inversions or at least a few more hills (not just a single air time hill!).
Wez

[quote=""Lewis""]Well neither Intamin or B&M are "original" in that context, unless I'm wrong in saying the actual companies don't design the rides? As coaster types go, Intamins get their asses creamed.[/quote]

How can you say that about Intamin? They are much more innovative than other coaster companies of their size. Infact Vekoma are more innovative than B+M in my eyes.

You obviously havnt ridden enough Intamin rides. :!:
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111
CGM

Yes but Vekoma's problem is that they can't make good rides and once they have an idea they don't do anything new with it. Sorry just had to say that.

The design of the coaster at the end of the day is nothing to do with the manufacterers, it's all down to the park and which design they make so Intamin can't be held responsable for which coasters they build, it's the parks that build them
Dr Pop Rocket

B&M come up with concepts (which they have plenty of) and then it is up to the parks and there designers to design the ride, b&m just say what can or cant be done.
Wez

[quote=""CGM""]Yes but Vekoma's problem is that they can't make good rides and once they have an idea they don't do anything new with it. Sorry just had to say that.
[/quote]

Again, how many Vekoma coasters have you been on? Have you any idea of the history and innovative creations Vekoma have come up with?

Do a little research of your own and you will soon change your mind.

:)

ADD:
once they have an idea they don't do anything new with it
:P Look up the tilt coaster, their wooden coasters, their launch coasters. etc etc etc.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111
Dr Pop Rocket

/ Yer but B&M are not painful. Vekoma=Pain. Ive been on plenty of vekomas to know.