Drayton Manor

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
User avatar
G-Force
Member
Member
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:19 pm
Location: 10 mins from Drayton manor
Contact:

Yes but the replacement has been planned for years. All I'm saying is in the last interview which was end of 2011 the park confirmed it would replace the buffalo like on that plan, be a dual launched like on that plan, the station would replace the chip shop like on that plan and when asked if it was vekoma the answer was someone has told you something they shouldn't of so summing it all up I would say they would be the plans.
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G
Image
User avatar
ItsReece
New Member
New Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Birmingham

When we had a behind the scenes tour of Drayton the guy told us that the buffalo coaster want going, the coaster would be a launched dualing coaster themed to a RC car, scalextric theme
[align=center]Image[/align]
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
Member
Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

I been doing some research and found out that the new ride for 2013 is for Thomasland what it is I'm not sure yet or if it's replacing a ride or going the farm end.

Other news the prices our out for 2013 season

Tickets             Gate Price Online Price
Aged 12 - 59 years £36.00  £25.00
Aged 4 - 11 years £27.00  £20.00
Aged 60 and over £27.00  £20.00
Aged 2 - 3 years  £5.00  £5.00
Registered Disabled  £22.00    n/a
Family of 3        £81.00    n/a
Family of 4        £108.00    n/a
Family of 5        £135.00    n/a
Under 2 years        Free.         Free
Car Parking             £3.00  £3.00

Season passes for 2013

Season Pass Price
Adult         £70
Child         £70
2-3.          £25
Under 2's.  Free

Which run from the 15th March to the 1st Nov. Annual Passes are no-longer available to purchase.

Final bit of news the dates of the fireworks

We will be ending our main season with a bang on the weekend of the 2rd & 3rd November 2013.  Don’t miss these Drayton Manor spectaculars!
User avatar
ThrillJunkie
Member
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:13 am
Location: South West
Contact:

I'm thinking I'll go another season without returning to Drayton.

I know they've been investing a fair bit lately with Thomas Land and the Hotel but there's been nothing to get me excited about for a while now.

And whats the crack with Excalibur? Will it be opening for 2013?
ThrillJunkieUK
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
Member
Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

ThrillJunkie wrote: I'm thinking I'll go another season without returning to Drayton.

I know they've been investing a fair bit lately with Thomas Land and the Hotel but there's been nothing to get me excited about for a while now.

And whats the crack with Excalibur? Will it be opening for 2013?
That won't open again as Excalibur the indoor section where Merlin was and the moving Dragon is now just a Christmas event as Knight before Christmas. The scenes on the lake itself are still there.

Can see this staying the same to the park get rid of pirate cove and make Thomas land the biggest in the world. As I heard Pirate Adventure going to be reopened with a boat ride round Sodar.
User avatar
Pennywise
Member
Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:00 pm

£70 for an Annual Pass? That's insane. It's only £99 for Merlin!
User avatar
bensaund
Member
Member
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Berkshire

The annual pass is expensive as I got my MAP for £74, but as I have never been there, the gate price and cheap online price makes me want to visit as looking at their overall offering and the price it seem value for money before you use any 2 for 1's where as Merlin parks look a complete rip off that you have to search for a 2 for 1 to make you feel you are not being ripped off.
If you go down to the woods today
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
Member
Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

It is cheaper if u renew the pass not sure how much that price is. Like I would buy 1 when my baby girl  is 2 to 5 years old as Drayton Manor have more rides on offer for children under the 1.0m tall height if they ride with a adult then Adult towers do. I first take her to the towers when she's 1.3 so she can enjoy the bigger rides like the runaway mine train and 13. But as she's only 7 months old she got a long time to go.
User avatar
rolicoli8
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: England

WOW, wouldn't it be weird if one day on draytonmanor.co.uk we saw "TOYLAND TOURS, NEW FOR 2014!" My head would explode!
User avatar
stephen.studholme
New Member
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Anyone heard of any new rides this year its all gone a bit quiet of late?
User avatar
Don't_Look_Down
Member
Member
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Stuck at the top of Apocalypse

Drayton are installing yet another new attraction in Thomasland this year. I was rather hoping for a new thrill ride of some sort, but Drayton are clearly going the family route.
Image
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
Member
Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Don't_Look_Down wrote: Drayton are installing yet another new attraction in Thomasland this year. I was rather hoping for a new thrill ride of some sort, but Drayton are clearly going the family route.
Is it due to open in March?

In other news the 4D cinema having a new film for this season.
Benjsh

How many years is it now since a ride aimed at thrillseekers was last installed? I make it 2005 as I don't count a pirate ship (Bounty was 2007) as a thrill ride as their website does. 8 years is just a crazy amount of time to not install anything thrilling whatsoever.

Can't see many thrill seekers flocking to Drayton this summer with what Alton have on offer just down the road. Could be a really bad year for them I think and it pains me to say it as I have always had a soft spot for DMP.

Thomas Land has been a fantastic addition for young families but I just can't see that being enough to bring in the crowds every single year.
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
Member
Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

In a interview Drayton Manor Plus did with Colin years ago he said that he only wants rides that the whole family can go on together. If u look at most of the parks rides kids can go on them if they can support themselves and with a adult over 18.
Just look how much more Business Drayton Manor gets now with the 4D cinema,Ben 10 coaster and Thomasland. They know a new big ride in Thomasland will bring more business to the park than a thrill ride would like I reckon there next coaster will be another family ride as to how busy the Ben 10 coaster gets.
User avatar
Don't_Look_Down
Member
Member
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Stuck at the top of Apocalypse

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Don't_Look_Down wrote: Drayton are installing yet another new attraction in Thomasland this year. I was rather hoping for a new thrill ride of some sort, but Drayton are clearly going the family route.
Is it due to open in March?
I couldn't tell you. Drayton just told me that there would be a new attraction for Thomasland this year, and to "watch this space".

I must admit I'm quite disappointed with the direction the park are heading. They are catering for families just a little too much. Thank God the dreaded Apocalypse Dexter's Lab retheme never went ahead.
Image
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
User avatar
rolicoli8
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: England

ATTENTION!!! Drayton Manor have CONFIRMED that Pirate Adventure WILL open for the 2013 season!!!!
User avatar
joelpagett
New Member
New Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:48 am
Location: Winchester
Contact:

Drayton Manor Update for 2013.

Drayton Manor has revealed that they will be adding a new attraction to their hugely successful Thomas Land for 2013. The ride, which is still unknown is thought to open in summer 2013. The park will also be showing a fantastic new film, "A Fish Story". The musical film, about a fish named Deepo, takes you on a journey to the depths of the ocean, encountering many different sea creatures along the way, such as lively dolphins, stinging jellyfish, kind-hearted sharks and singing sea turtles.
Image
User avatar
ThrillJunkie
Member
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:13 am
Location: South West
Contact:

joelpagett wrote: Drayton Manor Update for 2013.

Drayton Manor has revealed that they will be adding a new attraction to their hugely successful Thomas Land for 2013. The ride, which is still unknown is thought to open in summer 2013. The park will also be showing a fantastic new film, "A Fish Story". The musical film, about a fish named Deepo, takes you on a journey to the depths of the ocean, encountering many different sea creatures along the way, such as lively dolphins, stinging jellyfish, kind-hearted sharks and singing sea turtles.
I've had the pleasure of seeing this 4D film at another 4D cinema. It's pretty good but not as good as "Curse of the Skull Rock"
ThrillJunkieUK
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
Member
Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

ThrillJunkie wrote:
joelpagett wrote: Drayton Manor Update for 2013.

Drayton Manor has revealed that they will be adding a new attraction to their hugely successful Thomas Land for 2013. The ride, which is still unknown is thought to open in summer 2013. The park will also be showing a fantastic new film, "A Fish Story". The musical film, about a fish named Deepo, takes you on a journey to the depths of the ocean, encountering many different sea creatures along the way, such as lively dolphins, stinging jellyfish, kind-hearted sharks and singing sea turtles.
I've had the pleasure of seeing this 4D film at another 4D cinema. It's pretty good but not as good as "Curse of the Skull Rock"
That what I love about Drayton Manor 4D cinema it's always changing it's films over year to keep the attraction fresh.
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
Member
Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Sorry for the double post but the new Thomasland ride for this year is the Winston Ride. This Winston train was a maintenance train in the tv series and it's taking over the vintage cars ride area of Thomasland. It's due to open June/July ready for the summer season and school holidays.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply