Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
BayPig

Hey there! As a kid Bubbleworks was my absolute favorite ride and was up until it's closing day, and i was wondering if anyone had managed to get any of the auction props or had any interesting merchandise from its 26 year running period.
Sorry if the way i've written this is a bit rusty, i'm brand new to the site ;)

link any pictures or videos below or just tell me about anything you've got relating to the ride, look forward to hearing from everyone!

Also a side note if anyone has any of the bubbleworks' props for sale please let me know!
ThemeCrafter264

The adventure tree has opened today, according to queue times
Liam.W

The Adventure Tree has not opened today. It could possibly open tomorrow but nothing is set in stone just yet
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Burniel

I would assume it will open this weekend in time for Easter holidays, with the queue time update being merely a test, much like we saw with the CBeebies attractions the day before they opened.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Liam.W

Staff are currently training on it right now, it's essentially good to go.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Some photos of the current state of the Adventure Tree have not long been posted on SouthParks Facebook :)

Burniel

Optimistic queue! :P

The ride looks fantastic, should serve as a great centrepiece.
Owen

The Adventure Tree is now open.
ThemeCrafter264

Burniel wrote:So according to Chessington's queues page, it would appear that Peeking Heights has been down all season thus far. Anyone know why?
Peeking heights is now open, according to queue times
Doddy

So it looks like the app has been updated and the Gruffalo attractions have been added but sadly the map hasn't been updated to show the Adventure Tree and still shows the carousel still in place.
Luce

I experienced the Gruffalo ride today and I have to say it was very good. It certainly is a big improvement on what existed before apart from some areas which looked a bit bare and lacking in theming. However, overall I think Merlin have done well and also I like the fact that staff have themed uniforms to fit in.
Justin

I rode it last Monday and I am a big fan!

I really enjoyed it and for me it is an excellent replacement for Bubbleworks! I was very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish, although I can see room for improvement as Luce mentioned!
Merlin have done well, and for an attraction based at families, it is very magical! I like the little hints towards The Stickman in particular!
Nickolai

Stickman? I may need an explanation... :lol
Formally Smiler313
Justin

I can't remember the section, but the whole family are there, but being human, we can't see them 'alive'!
Burniel

Rode it a couple of weeks ago now. Absolutely brilliant, the smell pods are particularly incredible. The effects of the scenes do get a little ruined when you're the only one in your boat and the boat behind catches up, but I guess I can't expect Merlin to fix my social life! :P

It's not quite Disney level. By my fourth go, it became clear that there were plenty of points where there could be more detail and fewer screens, but I don't think we can expect any more in the UK. It's a very good investment for the park and it hasn't really impacted negatively on the theme of the area as I had feared, seeing as Bubbleworks post-2006 didn't fit anyway. Top marks!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The full application for the Safari Lodge development was submitted last week, and SouthParks News has a full rundown of all the details.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Chessington's Long Term Development Plan has recently been submitted as part of the application for the Safari Lodge development. SouthParks News has summarised some of its key points:
First consulted on back in April 2016, the Resort’s Long Term Development Plan outlines the proposals for a number of new additions across the Resort over the next 5-10 years, including new rides, accommodation and additional attractions and facilities. One of the most interesting proposals contained within the LTDP is for a new family rollercoaster to be located on land in front of the current Land of the Dragons and to the side of Transylvania to be added between 2020-22. With it being 12 years since the addition of the Resort’s last major coaster it is seen as an important part of increasing visitor numbers. During consultations it was suggested this ride could be either a ‘Wild Jungle Ride’ or a ‘Water Coaster’, however the LTDP does not commit to a specific ride type.

An additional new Resort attraction is also indicated to be planned for the area near Scorpion express to be added in the 2020-22 period, however what this will be is not yet known. Also indicated for 2020-22 is the redevelopment of the area currently home to Tiny Truckers and Toadies Crazy Cars, and the area in front of Hocus Pocus Hall which at the moment comprises of the Front Lawn and the area occupied by the wooden huts – both of which are set to house ride/animal attractions. The Resort also plans to make additions to its animal collection as well as improvements to its current animal enclosures between 2023-25, as well as refreshing the current attractions across the Resort.

There are also details of a number of smaller developments within the masterplan, including a possible attraction linked to the Safari Hotel which will re-use existing buildings and could possibly create either a soft play area, indoor trampolines, or a 3D cinema due in 2020-22. Improvements are also planned to the southern car parks, which are currently used for overflow parking at peak times, to add more durable surfaces and also improve access. Staff and back of house facilities will also be developed and improved.
MrsT2015

Did it twice last Saturday WOW I loved bubbleworks but this is so darn beautiful and magical. My mum came with us for her birthday and she loved it to. My one gripe is some of the smell pods do smell rather vile but I'm sure the will tone down in time
coasterchemist

Does anyone know why the Vampire's voice has been changed? It isn't anywhere near as creepy as it used to be and the "evil laugh" when you leave the station is just weird now.
streetmagix

I finally got the chance to ride today, I was very impressed! Along with the work on Hex it has reassured me that sometimes Merlin do some excellent work. I still need to ride DBGT (I know I know!) but I hope the same attention has been paid to that attraction as well.