The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
Aidan Lowe

JayJay90 wrote:Miles Cedars twitter has appeared....this one seems to be an enthusiast jumping on the bandwagon.
I would agree with you, it was was mentioned by the twitter account of this Trisha.
Trisha wrote:What kind of author isn't even on Twitter.. we'll have to find out why on Sunday! @Danny_Holden90
Danny wrote:I know! Have a look on Facebook too! Can't wait till Sunday.
If someone is on Facebook take a gander if anything popped up today in-line with this new twitter account seeing as there hasn't been any activity on the previous accounts since 29th this could be the next path, although I'm not holding my breath.

I have to admit though the posting of this Miles twitter account is following traits the other 2 accounts have shown.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Wed May 01, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
epicV3N0M

I think this is similar to the Thorpe park "swarm" blipvert (correct me if it wasn't official  :oops:) the one with the swimming pool, its meant to be low quality. It just doesn't seem Merlin-style if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, great viral ad though, and love the backstory  ;)
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. *stares at EXIT sign*
JayJay90

The only thing I don't get is how the video was uploaded on 29th and it got spotted last night...
After that video uploaded he said he would be leaving the computer on over night for the video to be there in the morning and so that should have appeared 30th (yesterday). Really hope this video shows up soon :) I hope its the test tapes, I'm so intrigued now
Aidan Lowe

JayJay90 wrote: The only thing I don't get is how the video was uploaded on 29th and it got spotted last night...
Well if you check the timestamps of the twitter posts the first is at 10:58pm (on the 29th) posting the youtube link to Trisha, but then he replied its still uploading (11:05pm). I'm guessing those 3 tweets all correspond to the one picked up yesterday and not another.

Another thing I noticed about the Miles twitter account is he specifically put his location as Derbyshire, which wasn't mentioned in the video. However it was on the wiki page which was deleted, sure someone could go to the cached version like I did. Just a bit of info.

[edit] lol it was posted on the youtube video description all along, shame on me.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Wed May 01, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayJay90

Mabalzich wrote: Another thing I noticed about the Miles twitter account is he specifically put his location as Derbyshire, which wasn't mentioned in the video.
Its mentioned on one of the two's twitter that they were going to Buxton which is in derbyshire. Also without even going into cashed wiki page, if you google his name, its there on the search result in the preview first few lines so thats where theyve probably got it from
King Nemesis

Mabalzich wrote: Another thing I noticed about the Miles twitter account is he specifically put his location as Derbyshire, which wasn't mentioned in the video.
Published on 30 Apr 2013
Smiles. Always author interview, filmed in Derbyshire - 28/04/2013.

Part one of footage downloaded so far. Remaining footage will be uploaded soon. Very weird guy.... Anyone have any clue what its all about?

Featuring - @Trisha__White
Filmed by - @Danny_Holden90
Krazycoaster

Miles is an anagram of Smile.
Could Cedars be anything significant?
JayJay90

Krazycoaster wrote: Miles is an anagram of Smile.
thats already been pointed out a page or 2 back...

Cedars is either scared or sacred :)
Alex

Already been said Cedars=Scared
N3m3s1s

This is all very interesting...I've tweeted Alton. Let's see what they say...
Krazycoaster

JayJay90 wrote:
thats already been pointed out a page or 2 back...

Cedars is either scared or sacred :)
#-o Should have read past pages first  ;)
Confuzzled

Its sort of to do with marketing but what is the smiler font?
Ripsaw Raver

Ok heres my idea, Providing that the marmalised patient vid was actually official and this new one is too, heres what ive come up with.

Kelman him self said to me "Late answer. MOJ are the people that gave me a free reign at The Sanctuary. The SMILER is NOT my idea, it is theirs! The MOJ are scarier than me....better believe it!"

So that gives our new bloke slight foundation to be the one behind the smiler, Secondly he bares a strong resemblence to Proff Sheff.

The MarmaPatient vid, shows the girl who looks a damn sight like our TrishWhite, I beleive this is what happened to her in the end. The vid also shows in the corridor scene the same style wood/glass as seen in the property in the new vid.

Heres where it gets interesting..... It is now known that the MOJ were being Blivvy which in the queue line states..
" You have been designated to ride oblivion, the choice to come here was not your own, it was ours, it was implanted into your brain through auto suggestion" This shows that the MOJ have the power to implant things into our minds. And the Marmaliser shows scenes of "Scanned Memories" Our trish reports on Twitter that she cant get things out of her head, such as needles and music.

Im sure there is much more and will be more, but too much is coming together for this not to fit.

Things we that were never explained in the sanc was what happened to "The Failures" and the other patients once the MOJ Shut it down, have they been moved to this new Sanctuary. Kelman failed in the eyes of the MOJ and went mad because of it, Our new fellow seems to have the process very fine tuned, the perfect person to conduct mass correction
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
barmy_scotty

I think hes just foiled it hes just tweeted life is never dull at.. Then deleated it then reposted life is never dull. Would send screenshot as notifications came through but dont know how on my phone.
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
Altontowersbarlow

The girl does look like the creepy girl off that other smiler video Compare the two This is the other advert link. :D
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan Lowe

barmy_scotty wrote: I think hes just foiled it hes just tweeted life is never dull at.. Then deleated it then reposted life is never dull. Would send screenshot as notifications came through but dont know how on my phone.
Danny

After watching both adverts again I would definitely say these are the same girl
sully1311

I'm 99.5% sure these are real. Just looks like too much effort has been put into it to be fan-made. If its fake, than the people who made it have too much time on their hands.
Th13TEENGUY

If these are fake then shaun sandbrooke will have to hand over the biggest enthusiast award  :D
LCFC til i die
george2v

They all seem very genuine, and very official, apart from one slight thing...
If you look at the Twitter accounts advertised on the YouTube page, one of the tweets on there is...
"Severe headache, feel like ****!! Need some para but not got any in."
Maybe I'm over-thinking but I just don't think that Alton Towers would swear under any circumstances? Maybe I'm wrong. Apart from that everything seems to point towards it being a very clever marketing campaign by Alton Towers.