The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
Jack

I feel completely safe now that I know that a presenter from blue peter put te last piece of track in
GoldWolf

SpecyBeast wrote: Has anyone got any links so i can watch it, because i stupidly forgot to watch it :p
It's not on BBC iPlayer yet, and it looks like it won't be on until 2pm Saturday to be exact. If you look at the information for the last episode of Blue Peter you'll find that it's available until Saturday 18th 1:59, which makes me think the new episode with The Smiler footage on will be available at 2pm on the same day.

Hope I'm right. :)
King Nemesis

jackandylan123 wrote: I feel completely safe now that I know that a presenter from blue peter put te last piece of track in
He didn't ;)

The top of the 1st lift hill was ;)
fishdalf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/cbbc/watchlive

Here you go, just drag it back to 5.30 onwards for the coverage. Simples.
mousch

Best quality footage so far IMO, and it was good having the construction part too.
getothing

fishdalf wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/cbbc/watchlive

Please im from spain ,make a video :)
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
fishdalf

getothing wrote:

You're probably gonna have to wait for YouTube then. I'm sure it will be up in time.
B3N7AM1N.712

fishdalf wrote:
getothing wrote:

You're probably gonna have to wait for YouTube then. I'm sure it will be up in time.
It doesn't work
:D THE SMILER :D
Richardio123

Part 2 of Blue peter
Part 1 of BLue peter

Not my videos !
Signature Pending.. ;D
RCandrew

Richardio123 wrote: Part 2 of Blue peter
Part 1 of BLue peter

Not my videos !
Numbered the wrong way round! ^ :lol:
Richardio123

Thats why i edited it :)
Signature Pending.. ;D
RCandrew

Richardio123 wrote: Thats why i edited it :)
Oops haha :lol:
Evostance

Mattfat1 wrote: From the BP coverage I picked out AIRTIME HILLS :):):):) Those look amazing.

I feel the "facial recognition" thing is just a gimmick for media coverage... A bald man with big sideburns and googly glasses is the brains behind it... rigghhhhttttttt, that doesn't fit the stereotype of a wacky professor at all
If I recall correctly he was involved WAAAAY back with this ride to do with all the fear stuff.  His name is Brandon, I've seen him involved before
Rollercoasters4Life

Just uploaded this for you guys, it involves all of The Smiler footage that was in the Blue Peter show with all the other Blue Peter stuff cut out! It shows construction at several periods and also onride/offride shots of the ride with Face recognition science near the end:

Click here for The Smiler - Alton Towers - Blue Peter Coverage!
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Fri May 17, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan Lowe

I'm confused now. This AT competiton was for 8 winners and a friend to ride Smiler before the GP.
Alton Towers wrote:Tomorrow is your last chance to enter our competition to be one of the first to ride #TheSmiler http://www.the-smiler.com/videos.
But now on the T&C it says:
T&C wrote:Winners will be chosen at random from all entries submitted by June 30th 2013.
It's now no longer stated as a VIP prize which im guessing is the privilege of riding it before it officially opens and is now merely "Win a Ride".
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Thu May 16, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
JayJay90

Mabalzich wrote: I'm confused now. This AT competiton was for 8 winners and a friend to ride Smiler before the GP.
Alton Towers wrote:Tomorrow is your last chance to enter our competition to be one of the first to ride #TheSmiler http://www.the-smiler.com/videos.
T&C wrote:Winners will be chosen at random from all entries submitted by June 30th 2013.
It's now no longer stated as a VIP prize which im guessing is the privilege of riding it before it officially opens and is now merely "Win a Ride".
"point 4: Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to change or substitute this prize."

gahhh even though they can change it at their will, I am rather gutted. Bit disappointed as I was hoping it entitled winners to ride the smiler before the public which would have been top notch
TowersTimes

Following Moderation issues earlier today, Team TTF have a message for all members to please read - http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/the-smil ... #msg734586
Rollercoasters4Life

JayJay90 wrote:
Mabalzich wrote: I'm confused now. This AT competiton was for 8 winners and a friend to ride Smiler before the GP.
"point 4: Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to change or substitute this prize."

gahhh even though they can change it at their will, I am rather gutted. Bit disappointed as I was hoping it entitled winners to ride the smiler before the public which would have been top notch
Seeing as the last day to enter the first competition was today, could it be that there is another competition from now onwards till the closing date and they are using the same competition but different prize (Alton Towers Tickets instead of the Ride it first)? Hope so, as I was really looking forward to a chance of winning a ride it first type competition.

If not, and the prize has changed to two free tickets, then it won't mean a thing to quiet a few of us on here as we have Annual passes - suppose we could pass them onto family and friends though.

Sigh...:(
Aidan Lowe

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:and the prize has changed to two free tickets.
Even though I entered all the clues again just to proceed to the next page to read the T&C I didn't notice this which it clearly states.. twice.

It's hard to say if this is a replacement prize or not as they said winners will be randomly chosen at 4pm on the 16th. I checked AT twitter and there was no confirmation of selection and winners being notified in due course.

I'll be riding it in 6 days regardless but if they did change the prize my god did they do it at the last moment.

By the way I'll be wearing this on opening day lol. It's been printed and is on route now!

Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Fri May 17, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
mace464

Any news on press day? Was meant to be 17th was it not?