The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
Maseyg123

Hi all :) Not sure where to post this, but as it regards adverts and a secret element I thought I would post it in Marketing and Speculation. So early this evening I emailed John Wardley regarding the adverts, the secret elements and any possible documentaries. His reply is below...

Hi Mason

Thanks for your kind email. I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me.
The TV commercials for the Smiler will start appearing in Television next week. As to the secret element, The Smiler has many surprises, and I'm certain you won't be disappointed!
The filming that has been taking place with me here over the last few days has been for TV news programmes, and there is no documentary being made.

Again, thank you for contacting me ...... And enjoy The Smiler
With very best wishes,

John Wardley
Sent from John's iPad

And I'm sure that this email PROVES that there is another unrelieved secret elements!! Also... ADVERTS NEXT WEEK!!! :D ... but no documentary ( I thought there might have been because of the filming, but no...) :(
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Maseyg123

Evostance wrote:
Maseyg123 wrote: The video doesn't say there will be face detectors on ride, that was just on for the people testing it today. It said that possibly in the future they will be available on roller coasters
We know there are cameras on board.  We've seen a possible picture and there was documentation somewhere saying they had contracted the company who did it on swarm to do it here
YAAAAAAAY!! :D

Richardio123

Any chance you can screenshot the email :) would be appreciated
sorry to be such a pessimist :D
Signature Pending.. ;D
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Maseyg123 wrote: Hi all :) Not sure where to post this, but as it regards adverts and a secret element I thought I would post it in Marketing and Speculation. So early this evening I emailed John Wardley regarding the adverts, the secret elements and any possible documentaries. His reply is below...

Hi Mason

Thanks for your kind email. I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me.
The TV commercials for the Smiler will start appearing in Television next week. As to the secret element, The Smiler has many surprises, and I'm certain you won't be disappointed!
The filming that has been taking place with me here over the last few days has been for TV news programmes, and there is no documentary being made.

With very best wishes,

John Wardley
Sent from John's iPad

And I'm sure that this email PROVES that there is another unrelieved secret elements!! Also... ADVERTS NEXT WEEK!!! :D ... but no documentary ( I thought there might have been because of the filming, but no...) :(
Sadly that dosent reveal a SE, if there was one he would say "there is a SE" but he didn't...
I think he was just sugar coating the fact that their isn't one...
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Maseyg123

Richardio123 wrote: Any chance you can screenshot the email :) would be appreciated
sorry to be such a pessimist :D
Yes the link is here :) http://picasion.com/pic69/d8e2ccc363110 ... c7a76c.gif

Maseyg123

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Maseyg123 wrote: Hi all :) Not sure where to post this, but as it regards adverts and a secret element I thought I would post it in Marketing and Speculation. So early this evening I emailed John Wardley regarding the adverts, the secret elements and any possible documentaries. His reply is below...

Hi Mason

With very best wishes,

John Wardley
Sent from John's iPad

Sadly that dosent reveal a SE, if there was one he would say "there is a SE" but he didn't...
If there was no SE why would there be an upgrade section on the game called "top secret" with info saying "secret world first- revealed may 2013"??

youarecorrectsir

Hi Mason

With very best wishes,

John Wardley
Sent from John's iPad

Just want to point this out:

For a very very busy (and rather important) man - what an absolutely lovely bloke! :)
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
george2v

youarecorrectsir wrote:

Hi Mason

With very best wishes,

John Wardley
Sent from John's iPad

Just want to point this out:

For a very very busy (and rather important) man - what an absolutely lovely bloke! :)
It's not particularly relevant to The Smiler but on that note, I sent him a piece of fan mail earlier this evening and within an hour received such a kind reply...
"Hi George

Thank you very much indeed for your email. You can't imagine the pleasure it gives me to read such kind words.

I hope you get some inspiration from my book, and you are able to forge a career for yourself in your chosen field.

I too hope our paths might cross in the future, and send you my very best wishes.

John"
Claire

Dino and Pete from Capital East Midlands got to ride on The Smiler. They filmed it from Pete's point of view and from a camera mounted on the front. Check it out it's awesome!

willt2405

i also emailed john asking about the SWs and about his retirement...
Dear William

Thank you very much for your kind email, which I really enjoyed reading.

We have been testing The Smiler over the last few days, and I am pleased to tell you that it is an amazing ride which I know you'll enjoy. I hope your first ride is a pleasant birthday present for you. Although I am officially retiring, if Alton Towers want any help from me in the future I'll always be pleased to give them any advice I can. So there will certainly be many more SW's!

With best wishes,

John

Sent from John's iPad
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Yet another POV and article, this time from the Daily Mirror (don't think it's been posted yet...). They also confirm that there are 5 trains, which is what we were expecting.
danhalen1985

Always wanted to meet John. Anyone know if he'll be there on opening day?

Dan
mattallennet

Maseyg123 wrote:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:

Hi Mason

With very best wishes,

John Wardley
Sent from John's iPad

If there was no SE why would there be an upgrade section on the game called "top secret" with info saying "secret world first- revealed may 2013"??
14 inversions was "secret" until recently. Surely any further SEs will be theming based. Such as a fake facial recognition and live screens of riders waiting at the vertical lift etc. (you know how digital cameras detect faces and put squares round them? Like that with 'smile meters' next to them. Not too different to the ORPs from shooting rides with the scores printed on).
Aidan Lowe

Scanning of the trains even works with the Scanner via the game.

Source: Angry_Gumball via TPR

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Maseyg123

danhalen1985 wrote: Always wanted to meet John. Anyone know if he'll be there on opening day?

Dan
Yes he will, he said in another email reply :)

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Didn't know where ot put this and it may of already been posted but I found it funny!!

Bit outdated with the idea but its what most of us were thinking!! ( apart frm the wardley part  ;) )
Still you must watch!! :D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
RubyGaga

Looking at the Capital FM POV, there isnt some kind of secret pre show under the station :(

Nevertheless, the sheer awesomeness from the almost complete ride almost made me choke on my spaghetti and made my eyeballs melt.
Last edited by RubyGaga on Wed May 15, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image ImageImageImage
Hitch

Does anyone know if John will be there the weekend after opening?, I have two exams on opening day :(
Jack

Anyone else watching Blue Peter tonight? :moj
RubyGaga

jackandylan123 wrote: Anyone else watching Blue Peter tonight? :moj
Havent watched it in over 5 years, seems like tonight will be well worth the watch!!! I hope they include actors in the BP segment, will really add to the ride!!!

Image ImageImageImage