The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
Richardio123

Yeah it wont let you put a date of birth below 1993 :/ bad for some people on here
Signature Pending.. ;D
leeprice

Richardio123 wrote: Press enter on every clue entry until the tick appears :)
I do... I've got 4 ticks, but when I click Continue I just end up on the same page with nothing happening  :(
Richardio123

leeprice wrote:
I do... I've got 4 ticks, but when I click Continue I just end up on the same page with nothing happening  :(
keep trying it worked for me ! :)
Signature Pending.. ;D
Azariel

Just noticed that they are notifying the winners on Friday the 18th of may...

"Alton Towers Resort will randomly choose 8 winners on Friday 18th May 2013. Winners will be notified by email on this date."

That date doesn't exist... silly towers, its either the friday 17th or sat 18th.
lozza88

leeprice wrote:
same thing happens for me :|
Instant Mix

The details have to be specific. Remember for Clue #2 that it's got to be literal, not what it sounds like.
I've got into the submission page but unfortunately I'm not over 18, but it turns out you have to be over 20 to apply for it anyway , which is a bit of a bummer.
Rollercoasters4Life

Its worked for me:

1) Do Not Resist
2) Its Time 2
3) Get Corrected
4) Smile

Using Google Chrome - also noticed its says you have to be 18 or over yet the date box ends on 1993 which would be 20 years old! Im 22 so it doesn't affect me, but they need to change that.

Hopefully I am one of the lucky 8! :D
Titters

Just tweeted towers (@Jack_Titley) and they've said they'll have sorted the year issue out by the end of the day  :D
ChelseeSmile102

Entered all the clues!
Can't wait to find out on the 18th... or Friday the 17th, not sure about that just now! Silly AT getting the dates mixed up!
Do you think it would be the day before opening day the winners would ride the smiler or maybe on the day but the first people on? Either way, this is exciting stuff!

Clue 1 Do not resist
Clue 2 Its time 2
Clue 3 Get corrected
Clue 4 Smile
leeprice

Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Its worked for me:

1) Do Not Resist
2) Its Time 2
3) Get Corrected
4) Smile
That worked for me, I think it's be because I put an apostrophe in It's
Deejay

1) Do Not Resist
2) Its Time 2
3) Get Corrected
4) Smile

Using Google Chrome - also noticed its says you have to be 18 or over yet the date box ends on 1993 which would be 20 years old! Im 22 so it doesn't affect me, but they need to change that.

Thanks mate! Seriously great stuff, it worked for me on my GalaxyS3 no problems! Really hope im in the lucky few! :)
Rollercoasters4Life

ChelseeSmile102 wrote: Do you think it would be the day before opening day the winners would ride the smiler or maybe on the day but the first people on? Either way, this is exciting stuff!
It says in the Terms & Conditions (which no one normally reads but I did just to see if there was any more information):
Alton Towers wrote: ALTON TOWERS RESORT WIN A RIDE COMPETITION RULES

Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering the competition, you agree to the competition rules.

1. To enter the competition and win a prize you must be 18 years old or over and a resident of the United Kingdom at the time of entry.
2. The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Alton Towers Resort or Merlin Entertainments Group.
3. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries submitted by May 16th 2013 at 4pm. Entries after this time will not be eligible to win the prize.
4. The Prize: 8 pairs of tickets to visit the Alton Towers Resort to ride The Smiler between 17th May – 23rd May 2013. The date and time of this ride is at the discretion of Alton Towers Resort. Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to change or substitute this prize. If you cannot make the date, you have the option to nominate a friend or take the alternative of a Fastrack ticket when the ride is open/
5. Prize is not exchangeable for cash and cannot be sold on.
6. Ride restrictions apply – You must be at least 1.4m to ride The Smiler
7. One entry per person
So basically they will pick a date and time between the 17th and 23rd for the ride to take place. If you can't make it personally then you can give the prize to a friend/family member OR take a fast track for The Smiler once it officially opens.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Mon May 13, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redpiggy

Eurgh dammit, I'm on a placement that week, and have essays/university etc too!
Luckily for me I never win anything anyway  :P
RubyGaga

What are the 4 clues?

Image ImageImageImage
Kirsty25

1) Do Not Resist
2) Its Time 2
3) Get Corrected
4) Smile

These are the 4 clues - hit enter after each one to get a tick then click continue :)
Heisenberg96

haydn! wrote: Take it you missed the whole, uber massive 'free tickets' campaign a few months ago? Featuring none other than The Smiler?  :roll:

I'm not saying a television advert isn't important, or needed. It will be, and it will serve a purpose. But it's not needed right now when there is already a good level of hype amongst the general public. First rule of marketing, don't pay for advertising when you can get it for free.

Let's face it, the only reason you, and others want Alton Towers to publish a TV advert is so hours can be wasted spent scrutinising every second and not because it contributes to the overall success of The Smiler or the delivery of Alton Towers marketing plan.
Yes and how many people really got hold of a free ticket? 'A few months ago' nowhere near as many people would have heard of the Smiler. And when is a suitable time when the ride is only ten days from release?

I don't really like the taste of your final comment. Throughout this discussion I've wanted to see an advert to improve the marketing plan, so to say that I don't want that and instead want to be a critic is a tad false. I love the look of the Smiler, but I would like an advert to keep me interested. Don't assume that all I want to do is waste my time being a critic on the advert. That was quite unreasonable and I've got other priorities than spending my time dissecting an advert.

Not cool. :|
danny_davies

How are they going to verify your age?

And also, can the friend be under 18?
"Stoke City till I die!"
Kirsty25

danny_davies wrote: How are they going to verify your age?

Ask for ID when you attend the park?
Richardio123

Kirsty25 wrote:

and the friend will probably have to be over 18
Signature Pending.. ;D
Danny

Richardio123 wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote:

and the friend will probably have to be over 18
Sorry but I have to disagree, this would mean alton are aiming the smiler at adults which isn't what they want to do. The only reason you've got to be 18 to enter as people under 18 aren't allowed to give personal details out