The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
Aidan Lowe

Staff recreating the laughing circle in video #1

Source: Theme Park Worldwide

Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
LCFCjames

Hi everyone, first post here  :D

With regards to the 'world first' element, I think the 14 looping aspect has been chosen as it is the most marketable. There may be other world firsts such as the 3D projection mapping as the game still states there are some secrets to be reveiled, but I think 'the worlds first 14 looping coaster' will attract the publics attention the most  :)
redpiggy

SwEDEN wrote: Unfortunately it's not looking good guys :( Holding my breath until the end though.

EDIT: Who noticed the drop of sweat from Miles as he was told not to look down whilst his seat was tilted..... Reference to the original oblivion advert me thinks........ :) Also makes sense why they put The Smiler logo in replacement of the Fanta logo on the top of the Re-Hydrator. :)

Sorry to go on, I just love picking up on these little touches.... Feel like it really enhances the ride experience...... :)
And also the spinning Enterprise behind his head and the mention of Submission ;)
JayJay90

Going back towards why we haven't seen an advert yet I do think its due to the fact when the advert does go out, Alton towers will want to put the official date at the end so everyone is aware. Rather than have it 'coming end of may'. I reckon this week when we get the date confirmed we will start to see adverts :)
RubyGaga

Does anybody have a photo of the Krave box that reveals the secret element???????? (or at least knows what it is)

Image ImageImageImage
Krazycoaster

RubyGaga wrote: Does anybody have a photo of the Krave box that reveals the secret element???????? (or at least knows what it is)
arsenalfan-1

Anyone who still thinks the Krave box is photoshopped, I can confirm it is real. I had my first bowl this morning. Also if you didn't know on the front the logo is changed to be half Krave and half Smiler. :moj
Thanks Lewis97
undeadarmy

arsenalfan-1 wrote: Anyone who still thinks the Krave box is photoshopped, I can confirm it is real. I had my first bowl this morning. Also if you didn't know on the front the logo is changed to be half Krave and half Smiler. :moj
Yeah, bought a box yesterday to make sure it's legit. It certanly is, and the cereal actually tastes nice xD.
arsenalfan-1

undeadarmy wrote:
arsenalfan-1 wrote: Anyone who still thinks the Krave box is photoshopped, I can confirm it is real. I had my first bowl this morning. Also if you didn't know on the front the logo is changed to be half Krave and half Smiler. :moj
Yeah, bought a box yesterday to make sure it's legit. It certanly is, and the cereal actually tastes nice xD.
Yeah! It made me smile. Am I the only one who sat there, whilst eating, looking at the packaging?
Thanks Lewis97
undeadarmy

arsenalfan-1 wrote:
undeadarmy wrote:
Yeah! It made me smile. Am I the only one who sat there, whilst eating, looking at the packaging?
Haha, I did the same thing, then sent a picture to my friend.
danny_davies

So do we have any clues on when the first tv ad will come on?
"Stoke City till I die!"
ollboll9

Just had a thought that has got to be shared, perhaps the ckues in these smile always vids spell out summin like do not resist, it's time 2, ride the smiler. Something like that and than the fourth could have the opening date. :) Hope so but anyway just a thought and it would make sense
Poop. Always
Aidan Lowe

-ignore this- I don't know how it ended up on my feed..

It appears that the next video will be the test subject #237 (trisha) video. So get watching that video for the next clue.
Alton Towers wrote:Is this the next part of the smile always videos I wonder #TheSmiler
Alton also confirmed to @TPC_Official_ that indeed it was filmed at Victoria Baths.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Mon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAMMYD777

^ That is a fake Alton Towers account. Nothing has been confirmed by Towers themselves.
SW7:
LCFCjames

danny_davies wrote: So do we have any clues on when the first tv ad will come on?
I think we may see the first blip adverts coming out this week :) as soon as the big media event has happened releasing the full details of the ride I think it will be time for adverts. The Th13teen adverts contained the secret drop element, so maybe AT are waiting to do the same with The Smiler 8)
Aidan Lowe

With the on-site photos today of lighting equipment like 6k beam and god knows what else does anyone think we'll see this footage used to an extent in an ad.

Just imagine it, smoke machines, huge lights illuminating the smiler structure (at night obviously) with train/s whizzing around it and making use of the 5 marmaliser legs. Also having the sky searchlights in the background.

But not overly illuminating the structure, just one's strategically placed to give it some ominous presence and highlighting some of the more impressive parts of the ride (example: staffordshire knot).

Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Mon May 06, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwEDEN

Marmaliser screen at night will be quite a spectacle..... Really can't wait for this! :D
monkeyboy

not sure where to put this but..................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41709423@N04/8715156190/

not quite the face of Jesus, but made me chuckle when cutting a pepper yesterday!  What do I win?

Maseyg123

How many smile always videos have been released? If the third one has please can you send me the link??  [-o<

Thanks in advance ;)
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Aidan Lowe

So Alton Towers (official one this time!) has said that the fact Cake and HSL on the scene has nothing to do with an advert itself.

Seeing as all the equipment goes back on the 8th, what could we have here?

So we have had 2 videos, one where we meet Miles, one with Miles & Dr. Kelman, the next with MoJ and Trisha? My guess is this is for the fourth and final video to air online, the big reveal of the opening date perhaps at the end of the week.

Recording at night with the actor's who play Dr. Kelman and Miles going through some scripted BS, (it's cheesy) but maybe they even say "(1) Don't resist (2) it's time to (3) get corrected." and behind them you can see the marmaliser screen on and slowly revealing the date on-screen.

So it would be Don't resist, its time to get corrected may x.

[Edit] It was also mentioned by another TT user it could be for the queue video to be shown on monitors.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.