The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
Rollercoasters4Life

Here is a comparison of the girl in this new video compared to the old one:

(Thanks to Cheese off TS for the image)

She does look very similar...
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan Lowe

I do believe it's the same actress, also probably totally irrelevant but found it kinda amusing that she is test subject 237 the same number as the room in The Shining. In this clip here (just the kid on the trike) it starts with Tuesday, going back to what Matt 125 was saying about the alarm 5:14, 14th May, Tuesday! Spooky stuff lol.

Also on this post here you can see the time is stopped dead on 00:18:18 well isn't the latest rumor around that it is supposed to open on the 18th of this month?

During the video it says the experiments never ceased so I'm guessing the whole viral marketing campaign will ultimately lead to this video where Trisha is undergoing experiments.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Wed May 01, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Andzdrew

18:18 says Bi Bi "bye bye"? Upside down
youarecorrectsir

See, I just think this kind of marketing is GENIUS! I mean, I am well aware it could be some clever enthusiast trying to fool us and if they have I can only applaud. But it seems too deliberate and the story fits too well in my humble opinion!

Leaving little gems and hints over the internet? Brilliant. All the little details that are sort of like puzzles to figure out.

So 5:14 - obviously the 14 is 14 inversions but I can't remember what the 5 was for? Wasn't it the number of marmalising elements?

I'm going to put this out there... Tuesday May 14th opening!?  :shock: The puzzle pieces seem to fit ladies and gentlemen...
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
Wes

All marketing discussion here please. Don't forget to..... :D
Wes

Released yesterday, what is rumoured to be an official video from Alton Towers.

Andzdrew

Will you please move all previous discussion about this from the "other" thread into here, just so we don't have a repeat discussion
Morgano

youarecorrectsir wrote: See, I just think this kind of marketing is GENIUS! I mean, I am well aware it could be some clever enthusiast trying to fool us and if they have I can only applaud. But it seems too deliberate and the story fits too well in my humble opinion!

Leaving little gems and hints over the internet? Brilliant. All the little details that are sort of like puzzles to figure out.

So 5:14 - obviously the 14 is 14 inversions but I can't remember what the 5 was for? Wasn't it the number of marmalising elements?

I'm going to put this out there... Tuesday May 14th opening!?  :shock: The puzzle pieces seem to fit ladies and gentlemen...
5:14 doesn't have anything to do with the opening date. 5:14 appeared on the original picture of the batwing/cobra. 14 is the number of elements, 5 WAS at the time the number of inversions built. However as it's still appearing 5 probably indicated/indicates the number of marmalisation stages.

Also please remember 5:14 was posted long before we knew of any delays or construction problems, so it's unlikely to indicate a date or opening date. Not to mention 14 days just isn't enough to get this done now.
LondonLiam

The video is pretty cool! Hope we get more of that story!

"Miles" is an anagram of Smile, thats obvious, but is Cedar an anagram of anything? My brain cant work it out and there are smarter people here than me!

EDIT: Already found out after reading back through.
Last edited by LondonLiam on Wed May 01, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MatthewR1990

Wes wrote: Released yesterday, what is rumoured to be an official video from Alton Towers.

Bravo Alton towers, BRAVO!

This is what marketing is about.. Keeps you intrigued. Anyone notice the Alton theme tune being used by the 'advocates' laughing in the garden. Also all the illusions on the walls.. I'm thinking I love this back story already. Miles Is an anagram of smile as well. Cedar could be raced? A hint a duelling maybe?

EDIT: thought I'd add this screen shot. What a cracking smile...

Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Wed May 01, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
oliviamae

if it was real, I presume they'd spell 'sought' correctly, rather than 'sort'
Richardio123

This marketing is so good! just reading through all the tweets well done Alton !
Signature Pending.. ;D
Boz

I'm not convinced this one is real TBH, it is good, but there are elements that just scream "fan made".
temleh

I might be completely wrong here (don't have time to check because i'm at work) but isn't Miles Ceders the guy from the Sanctuary who was on the queue line TV's before Dr. Kelman came on?
Follow me on Instagram! @v05mattclay
Andzdrew

Boz wrote: I'm not convinced this one is real TBH, it is good, but there are elements that just scream "fan made".
It's a lot of effort to go to, the weeks worth of prior tweets etc. It think it's done so "unprofessionally" on purpose myself.
Boz

Sorry, I appear to have missed these tweets, can you link them for me please?
Andzdrew

Mathmosman wrote: Hello - noticed a new Follower on my Twitter account, which led to a video...

Not sure if it's fan made or official. Looks good though - and there's some cool touches.  Looks also, like this is the first of a series? 

The video is here: 
and the Twitter account is @Danny_Holden90

Very interesting, and detailed...
MatthewR1990

Boz wrote: Sorry, I appear to have missed these tweets, can you link them for me please?
@Danny_Holden90 camera man and YouTube account

@trisha__white  fit girl that interviews Miles

:)
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Morgano

I have a feeling the first video they released (showing the girl in the room) is probably part of the footage they'll view on the VHS tapes they stole.

These aren't fan made anyway, they are the same girl and the previous video was confirmed by the company that made them (who are a professional marketing company ) that it was just a bit of fun. Although I have the view that it was clearly not meant to be public and was meant for internal viewing only at the time (hence the, we made it for a joke).

Not to mention the video was made a while back (way before the JLS smile stunt) and the two videos with the smile are similar if not identical to the whole JLS marketing smile that was released by Alton themselves.
Danny

temleh wrote: I might be completely wrong here (don't have time to check because i'm at work) but isn't Miles Ceders the guy from the Sanctuary who was on the queue line TV's before Dr. Kelman came on?
Unfortunately not, that was Professor Sheriff.