The Smiler - Mobile Game Application

Smile always. New for 2013.
Rollercoasters4Life

dazza4783 wrote:
Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Just to confirm that the app is free, someone on twitter asked Alton Towers and this is their reply:
Obviously not surprising as it is free advertising for the new ride and the resort itself. Although, when pressed for a date this is how they responded:
So no concrete date set yet, unfortunately.
Presumably it will be released when the park opens for half term, i'm guessing there will be a fair bit of marketing on park for the ride, and probably also for the game.
Saying that, there is a tweet from Alton Towers saying it would be after the half term event if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Found it:
@altontowers Will #TheSmilerGame be available before @moshimonsters February Half term event ? :-)

@Towers2Go no it won't be available until after Half Term.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
getothing

I do not understand this, please, would someone kindly explain because catches the game features neither the dive loop or the sea serpent roll? thanks
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
lewis97
Admin
Admin

getothing wrote: I do not understand this, please, would someone kindly explain because catches the game features neither the dive loop or the sea serpent roll? thanks
Quite simply, it's not something we can explain, and give a definite answer to. We could assume that the various inversions and SE are things you unlock in the game, as AT have said there will be hidden content to unlock, and that it would be a full 3D recreation. We'll just have to wait and see...
Phild94

lewis97 wrote:
getothing wrote: I do not understand this, please, would someone kindly explain because catches the game features neither the dive loop or the sea serpent roll? thanks
Quite simply, it's not something we can explain, and give a definite answer to. We could assume that the various inversions and SE are things you unlock in the game, as AT have said there will be hidden content to unlock, and that it would be a full 3D recreation. We'll just have to wait and see...
I agree
Essentially I reckon this game will start off as a track with a lift hill and a loop and you will have to upgrade pieces of track to allow your momentum to take you around the track, you will gain xp/money from riding your coaster and you will use this to unlock new sections of track... More track=more money=more fun until you finally have unlocked all track and have to buy the SE, after unlocking it with a QR code, with a million points or something :D I hope that helps

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
MatthewR1990

Might even be that the SE element is only unlocked with a QR code that you can only get on the way out after riding the smiler.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
dazza4783

dazza4783 wrote:
Presumably it will be released when the park opens for half term, i'm guessing there will be a fair bit of marketing on park for the ride, and probably also for the game.
Saying that, there is a tweet from Alton Towers saying it would be after the half term event if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Found it:
@altontowers Will #TheSmilerGame be available before @moshimonsters February Half term event ? :-)

@Towers2Go no it won't be available until after Half Term.
Yeh they are saying they still have no confirmed release date for the game. I think i may have an idea why. I think that when you get to a certain number of points you will get access to a new photo of track construction, ofcourse for that there needs to actually be some more construction done, so they will probably only know for sure when they can release the game once they know for certain when certain track pieces will be in place.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Do you remember just before The Smiler website change to what it is now, we managed to access the site prior to its actual release, and there was something about the 'lexicon'. Do you think this could be what the app is, or even its name? To me, 'The Smiler: The Game' is a bit unimaginative, at least the 'lexicon' makes it seem like something that isn't directly related to The Smiler... if you get what I mean

EDIT: So AT have settled on a date now:

@altontowers pleeeeeeeeeeaseeeee do you have a release date for #TheSmiler game yet???!!!x

@LollipopLouLau we do... but it's a secret... shhhhh!
Last edited by lewis97 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truckaddict

All I know about the game is the website will be playthesmiler.com however atm it takes you to the main game page for The Smiler on the AT website

Bi and proud
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Well this is about as much confirmation as we've got, regarding a release date (I assume she's referring to the game...):
@altontowers any news on the release date yet?? Are we talking days? Weeks??x

@LollipopLouLau next week :-)
truckaddict

lewis97 wrote: Well this is about as much confirmation as we've got, regarding a release date (I assume she's referring to the game...):

Hope it's released next Tuesday xD it's my birthday that day

Bi and proud
Confuzzled

It's funny how 2 hours ago this Smiler facebook page said that the app was coming soon?

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Confuzzled wrote: It's funny how 2 hours ago this Smiler facebook page said that the app was coming soon?

Not really, as we know it will come out from the 25th-28th, as AT have said its release will be in February and after half term!
Ripsaw Raver

Smiler Game confirmed by Alton Towers to be released next week!!!!
Check their twitter for proof!
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Ripsaw Raver wrote: Smiler Game confirmed by Alton Towers to be released next week!!!!
Check their twitter for proof!
Uhumm...!
lewis97 wrote: Well this is about as much confirmation as we've got, regarding a release date (I assume she's referring to the game...):

Ripsaw Raver

i appologise, cant wait for the game though!
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
goldengrahams

'Join us tomorrow morning for an exclusive sneak preview video of #TheSmilerGame'

Alton Towers Twitter.
RollerCoasterTycoon2013

I can't wait until the game is released next week! Alton Towers have hinted that the secrets of The Smiler will be revealed in the game and I'm looking forward to seeing what they are.
Phild94

RollerCoasterTycoon2013 wrote: I can't wait until the game is released next week! Alton Towers have hinted that the secrets of The Smiler will be revealed in the game and I'm looking forward to seeing what they are.
I can almost guarantee it will require an unlock with a QR code in the shop or queue line i mean you have to upgrade to get the ride perfect anyway haha

RollerCoasterTycoon2013

I hope not, I live 2 hours from Alton Towers and it's very hard to get there because I don't drive and I haven't been since August 2011!
Phild94

RollerCoasterTycoon2013 wrote: I hope not, I live 2 hours from Alton Towers and it's very hard to get there because I don't drive and I haven't been since August 2011!
i'm sure someone will post a pic of the QR code online before too long