X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
Kenzie2012

If track isn't complete, or if any heavy machinery still needs to get in and out this will not happen. That's the only thing that could stop this idea.... It could work well otherwise.

But, I hope they decide to risk it and just keep it shut.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Rollercoasters4Life

Kenzie2012 wrote: If track isn't complete, or if any heavy machinery still needs to get in and out this will not happen. That's the only thing that could stop this idea.... It could work well otherwise.

But, I hope they decide to risk it and just keep it shut.
By March, personally I could see all construction of track finished. This would only leave landscaping, paving, theming, electrics and testing. Which I would presume some of it would already be under way, especially the electrics..
Kenzie2012

Right, so what I've just said there is "IF" any of that is left.
I too would very much hope all the big stuff is done... Lets say we turn into Antarctica for another 3 weeks though, that really isn't going to happen.... Even the slightest delay could push things back enough to mean I the spider let say is still being placed come opening week which will no doubt means cranes and transport vehicles all over the place.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Liam-AltonTowers

Hang on a minute, does this mean the X-Sector will be open from March till May or will it be closed along with The Smiler construction. Also when do you think the Enterprise replacement will be finished by?

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Sam198

Liam-AltonTowers wrote: Hang on a minute, does this mean the X-Sector will be open from March till May or will it be closed along with The Smiler construction. Also when do you think the Enterprise replacement will be finished by?
Enterprise would go up in 2 days...

We really don't know if X-Sector will remain open during this time or not, but I would presume it won't...
Liam-AltonTowers

X-Sector not been open will put people off going to Alton Towers between March to May.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Kenzie2012

I disagree completely Liam, I don't think it will make a huge amount of difference.
Owen

Sam198 wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote: Hang on a minute, does this mean the X-Sector will be open from March till May or will it be closed along with The Smiler construction. Also when do you think the Enterprise replacement will be finished by?

We really don't know if X-Sector will remain open during this time or not, but I would presume it won't...
What do you mean by "would go up in 2 days" I don't understand
Kenzie2012

The Enterprise is a very easy ride to build.... That can be rebuilt and up ready for testing in to days of work.
Boz

Enterprise takes 1 day to put back together (if you know what you're doing), and a further day to test. Trust me it's the least of X-sectors problems ;)
Benji

I would expect this would add a possible 5 minutes maximum onto all the other big roller coasters in the park, if X-sector isn't open

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
Sam198

thillmad wrote:
Sam198 wrote:

Enterprise is a travelling model, it's designed to be put up and taken down with ease. This one is currently in a far more deconstructed state than would usually be necessary in order to allow for transportation; however it still really wouldn't take very long at all.
Owen

Sam198 wrote:
thillmad wrote:
Sam198 wrote: Enterprise would go up in 2 days...

Enterprise is a travelling model, it's designed to be put up and taken down with ease. This one is currently in a far more deconstructed state than would usually be necessary in order to allow for transportation; however it still really wouldn't take very long at all.
I understand this,but I mean 2 days from now or was this just an estimate
Sam198

Oops, My bad. It was an estimate of how long it would take to be fully erected. (if Alton felt the need to do it as fast as possible) ;)
sque132

Hi first post on here 

seen all the images AT have recently posted...
is there any word on the Enterprise re-theme? Wouldn't it be amazing if it contained a similar colour scheme to the smiler!
I'd love it to look like one of the spirals/eyes in the logo! Just a thought
Born This Way Ball 08/09/2012 :)
samham

sque132 wrote: Hi first post on here 

seen all the images AT have recently posted...
is there any word on the Enterprise re-theme? Wouldn't it be amazing if it contained a similar colour scheme to the smiler!
I'd love it to look like one of the spirals/eyes in the logo! Just a thought
I love this idea!  :D
Kenzie2012

Thats a good idea, but i really hope they don't do it.
Something like that is going to spoil the feel of the area, the flats are there to be subtle additions to back up the big rides and the area. Putting some form of decoration on Enterprise will start to turn the area into Smiler-Ville.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
scw55

So a giant spiral on the wheel which various users have suggested before, would be over-kill?
Kenzie2012

Yeah i think so.... keep it nice and simple.

Black, Black, Black with Grey Cars and possibly a big of green lining those Cars.

This is all.
Boz

I disagree, personally I think it would look fantastic to have the spiral on there. although TBH, I don't see it happening (would love to be proved wrong though) :)