X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
Delta79

nick67862 wrote: Just a quick thought.. The van theming element in X sector. Couldn't it be the ambulance used in this video: ??? I mean it seems a bit of a waste for Alton towers to buy an ambulance and only use it for one day. :)
warning geek post

The ambulance used in this video is CUB376Y, a Persevered 1981 Ford Transit/Hanlon ambulance. This is logged on a Persevered emergency vehicles website as being a Privately owned ex West Yorkshire vehicle. that is available for TV work. 

I hope this extra Information is of interest to you.
JayJay90

MattCamMans wrote: The smoke/steam effect on the drop hole has been removed, the whole spray system/pipes are gone
I was there yesterday and there was mist...and lots of it lol
Samwise

JayJay90 wrote:
MattCamMans wrote: The smoke/steam effect on the drop hole has been removed, the whole spray system/pipes are gone
I was about to say, Ridiculous amounts of mist on Oblivion yesterday, More than i've ever seen before.
Wise
JayJay90

Samwise wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:
I was about to say, Ridiculous amounts of mist on Oblivion yesterday, More than i've ever seen before.
theres was so much it went right through the tunnel and out the other side and i got wet hair lol
TheSmiler1998

JayJay90 wrote:
Samwise wrote:
JayJay90 wrote: I was there yesterday and there was mist...and lots of it lol
theres was so much it went right through the tunnel and out the other side and i got wet hair lol
Maybe there's a hitch in the system that will link that mist system to the ones used o. The smiler
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
sully1311

Nice to hear the mist is back!! :D
JordyNemesis

sully1311 wrote: Nice to hear the mist is back!! :D
is the mist 100% back now :D?!
TheSmiler1998

JordyNemesis wrote:
sully1311 wrote: Nice to hear the mist is back!! :D
is the mist 100% back now :D?!
Don't want to sound harsh but what else is a ridiculous amount of mist meant to mean?
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
daboywunda

Wasn't it turned off due to the weather? The pipes were frozen in a similar way to a windscreen washer pipe freezing in cold weather
Samwise

JayJay90 wrote:
Samwise wrote:
JayJay90 wrote: I was there yesterday and there was mist...and lots of it lol
Yeah man it soaked me too!
Wise
Chris
Admin
Admin

The mist pipes have always needed a lot of maintenance themselves - due to limescale buildup etc.
Zach

Guess we could start to class oblivion as a wet ride then  :-k
Last edited by Zach on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSmiler1998

ATfanatic wrote: Guess we could start to class oblivion as a wet ride then  :-k
Lol  :D
You probably get wetter on blivvy with mist then you do on the rapids!
MatthewR1990

Can't help but think that a really misty oblivion doesn't half sound cool. I've only ever rode her with a slight cloud of mist. I bet looking down at the hole your about to plummet through and not seeing anything but a cloud of vapoured water. Well it's got to be cool. Even if I will admit that Oblivion makes me cake my underwear! Lmao
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
mattallennet

Glad to hear the mist is working. It's working fine on Nemesis Inferno at the moment too (so much so it's almost impossible to breathe for about 5 seconds). I'd imagine its like that, which is great!
Jevaaaans

Just a thought I had while playing The Smiler earlier.

In the game, the X-Cite, X-Sell shop signs were in yellow (don't know whether this is the case or not, was sure they were either silver or orange) and Fried Chicken Co. looked similar to the station building, with piping and the Smiler logos on the roof. I know it's probably too late for this to happen this season, but do you think these changes could come into play over the next few years as The Smiler really claims X-Sector?

Personally, I think Fried Chicken Co. looks great all Marmalised (will try to find a screenshot when I can)
Owen

Jevaaaans wrote: Just a thought I had while playing The Smiler earlier.

In the game, the X-Cite, X-Sell shop signs were in yellow (don't know whether this is the case or not, was sure they were either silver or orange) and Fried Chicken Co. looked similar to the station building, with piping and the Smiler logos on the roof. I know it's probably too late for this to happen this season, but do you think these changes could come into play over the next few years as The Smiler really claims X-Sector?

Personally, I think Fried Chicken Co. looks great all Marmalised (will try to find a screenshot when I can)
No I don't I like the way the smiler is taking over but they do not want to over do it, tbh they are lucky it doesn't already look a bit...tacky around X-Sector as it could of gone two ways 1-being tacky or 2-how it comes across now
JayJay90

mattallennet wrote: Glad to hear the mist is working. It's working fine on Nemesis Inferno at the moment too (so much so it's almost impossible to breathe for about 5 seconds). I'd imagine its like that, which is great!
YES! same with blivvy! I've never actually seen oblivion with so much mist! Couldn't see down into the tunnel at all and I couldnt breath the whole way though lol. The mist went down all through the tunnel and out the other end and then the whoosh of the car brought more out lol...had to re ride just for that!
bealyboy

So if we are saying that it was off for the giggled to potentially be put in then that means that is wired up? Inside station and other places!!
SMILE.ALWAYS
JayJay90

bealyboy wrote: So if we are saying that it was off for the giggled to potentially be put in then that means that is wired up? Inside station and other places!!
IF it had been turned off purposely to re route it for the giggler or innoculator (may spray water) then yes, possibly. It would make sense and would also be an a good sign that things are moving behind the scenes on the site in regards to wiring things.

Just remember that there are other reasons as to why the mist could have been switched off which have been stated above :)