X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
Hmv

It's unbelievable that the smallest of things can stop these effects from all working, I personally think that the water system could have leaks after the winter we have had. AT will not want to replace parts till they can be sure that we will not have any more heavy frosts  :)
getothing

The smiler vs the swarm !! Is serious , omg facebook
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
daboywunda

James97 wrote: Look at this, they never did paint the underground section theres just a line. Just shows their "attention to detail"
I didn't expect them to paint it anyway but leaving it like that is making it abit to obvious to be honest.
This picture quite literally angers me... Actual anger... How can they say that this is a complete job!? (assuming that this IS a complete job and that there isn't further painting work to be done at some point)
MatthewR1990

If the mist is working again soon surely you won't see the unpainted bit anyway? Ad for those questioning a water supply. It's feasible however there is DEFINATELY a water supply to the area as the toilet block is functioning.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Henry

They should really paint that section, all it would take is oblivion closed for a couple of days/week midweek and then paint it, I hope they do.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Adrenalinejunkie2013

I think they have just missed that one section as all inside the tunnel has been painted, my source works on the smiler building site, but don't ask questions as I won't answer them as he doesn't want to get into trouble
tharrison4815

When was this picture taken? I was there on Sat and when we were standing right next to the hole I pointed out to my friend that there was no mist at all.. However I did not notice any unpainted track and we we went to X-Sector specifically to look at how nice the black paint was.
D-Man

How can AT be so disgraceful! It's like putting your girlfriend on a night out with only half her makeup on :| They need to fix this, just looks tacky!
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
toliver92

I don't get how everyone can moan about the x-sector it looks in way better condition than it had in previous seasons, they've pretty much repainted the entire oblivion station and the ride itself to look good and new. Also the fact that they could kept it closed whilst they finished the smiler and they didn't is a bonus too, so I just don't get how people can moan that it doesn't look good when it does for the most part and considering all the work they have done in such a small time to the area ready, it just baffles me that's all...... and breathe rant over
JonoD

I do think that leaving the bottom of the drop unpainted like that does look a little strange/untidy, but at the same time it's not something to completely recoil at. The rest of the ride looks simply stunning, and they've done a brilliant job of touching it up.

Do I want them to extend the painting that little bit? Of course I would! I do have a feeling that the mist will be returning in the very near future though. What's been left unpainted almost suggests that their thoughts were 'The track will be shrouded in mist/underround below this point'. If they had no intention of switching the mist back on, they would have painted down further I think. It's probably why the paint just stopping seems so jarring at present: there's nothing to conceal it.

I'll reserve thoughts for now until the mist IS back in operation, but I imagine it will look a lot better once the mist is back in operation.
AltonTowerfanatic

daboywunda wrote:
James97 wrote: Look at this, they never did paint the underground section theres just a line. Just shows their "attention to detail"
I didn't expect them to paint it anyway but leaving it like that is making it abit to obvious to be honest.
This picture quite literally angers me... Actual anger... How can they say that this is a complete job!? (assuming that this IS a complete job and that there isn't further painting work to be done at some point)

What bugs me is that there is still so much needed to be done to the X Sector! Look at the ditch where this was taken! Old horrible concrete! It needs updating and so does the rehydrator!

Is there still working going on to upgrade the X Sector? Mew pavement? The rehydrator pipes? Oblivion queue and station (inside) and the ditch where you can get close to oblivion(that needs serious TLC!). So apart from The Smiler, are there still upgrades going on in the X Sector even though the park is open?

Also, is the toilet block just outside X Sector going to be refurbished? Seems bad to leaves those ugly things the way they are. And they don't even fit in with the area! I know they can't demolish it but possibly cover the outside walls and roof and totally redo the inside with a touch of The Smiler style!
Last edited by AltonTowerfanatic on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm ready to Smile!
Hitch

I got that image of the unpainted track from thetowersguide and the repaint is definitely complete here as there is a oblivion car on the track just above where i cropped the picture.
toliver92

@ AltonTowerfanatic
"Oblivion queue and station (inside) and the ditch where you can get close to oblivion(that needs serious TLC!)"

From my understanding the station and the queue line on Oblivion has been repainted during the last few weeks before the park opened, so I you can't complain about the station and queue line
AltonTowerfanatic

toliver92 wrote: @ AltonTowerfanatic
"Oblivion queue and station (inside) and the ditch where you can get close to oblivion(that needs serious TLC!)"

From my understanding the station and the queue line on Oblivion has been repainted during the last few weeks before the park opened, so I you can't complain about the station and queue line
is it just paint??
I'm ready to Smile!
CoasterCrazyChris

Not just the track that needs finishing.....those concrete walls are disgusting it amazes me how no-one has thought to clean these.

Worse still, the theming behind the drop looks dreadful in that colour scheme and the way they have painted all the recessed concrete logo's in orange just makes the whole area look really tacky.

Restore it to the way it was when it was built please.
sully1311

Just phoned up to book tickets for next week. They stated that the X-Sector will be closed so they maybe doing more work.
Last edited by sully1311 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenzie2012

I do hope they are closing X-sector again for a short while, it is no where near complete yet
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Phild94

sully1311 wrote: Just phoned up to book tickets for next week. They stated that the X-Sector will be closed so they maybe doing more work.
Maybe they're planning on moving the crane out of the centre of the construction site and lifting in the air time hills, shows they think it will be done before too long :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Hitch

Maybe they are listening to us  8) They should really give the whole place a darn good jetwash.
Trisnie

James97 wrote: Maybe they are listening to us  8) They should really give the whole place a darn good jetwash.
They would have to wait till the construction is finished no point jet washing till the ready to open but would expect them to do so when they getting ready for opening day