X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
Altontowersbarlow

Yes deffinatley however I think they should keep oblivions logo on the rehydrator because as you look down the drop you can see it and its relevant but I think they should have a sign in the middle of x sector saying we challenge you and then it has four arrows travel into oblivion left arrow marmalise your mind this way the smiler prepare for embarkation subbmision face enterprise and then its atheming piece and incorporates all of the rides :D
Owen

Phild94 wrote: I wouldnt be too surprised if AT decided to put a few more slighlty more permenant logos around the park... i mean look at the way they spray painted them over everything.... whats to say that they cant have a few more saying TMOJ is taking over the park.... even if it is just for the first couple of months of opening
And I'm guessing you would change 'Alton Towers' name to 'The Ministry Of Joy HQ' and completely forget what AT is about
Phild94

Thrillmad wrote:
Phild94 wrote: I wouldnt be too surprised if AT decided to put a few more slighlty more permenant logos around the park... i mean look at the way they spray painted them over everything.... whats to say that they cant have a few more saying TMOJ is taking over the park.... even if it is just for the first couple of months of opening
And I'm guessing you would change 'Alton Towers' name to 'The Ministry Of Joy HQ' and completely forget what AT is about
Not saying I want it to happen but I would imagine a few logos somewhere... Even if its just a respray of the old logos

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Khrank

Not sure if the smiler logo on the rehydrator will be permanent, I reckon it's only there as advertising due to Oblivion being open from Saturday? It might be replaced with something further down the line...
Last edited by Khrank on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clayj

N3m3s1s wrote: They should get the bins back (the orange and black ones). They looked nice!
I used to like the graffiti on the bins years ago when the ride first opened....

"Throw you Cum into Oblivion".... lol As immature as it is, I still chuckle at this now at age 30 lol
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
PSxyz

altontowersbarlow wrote: Yes deffinatley however I think they should keep oblivions logo on the rehydrator because as you look down the drop you can see it and its relevant but I think they should have a sign in the middle of x sector saying we challenge you and then it has four arrows travel into oblivion left arrow marmalise your mind this way the smiler prepare for embarkation subbmision face enterprise and then its atheming piece and incorporates all of the rides :D
My previous post answers why theres never been and never will be a oblivion logo on the Rehydrator.
The sign idea would it add anything? Yes
Be worthwhile? Maybe
Where would you place it? Rehydrator
Krazycoaster

From Towers Nerd; loving the refurbished Oblivion station!
Vladimir Bobinski

Ooooh, shiny.  :) (Towers Nerd Live)

Instant Mix

Bit depressing to see that the metal on the cars & Cages haven't seen as much TLC as the rest of oblivion
ryanlovesaltontowers

Another small niggle I noticed, the YourDay scanners are still up in the Oblivion station!

I thought with the improvements to Oblvion they would have removed these, and increased the size of the two TVs to something more Sub Terra sized, but ah well, at least they've made the outside look okay.
sully1311

Shame to see the concrete blocks in the blivy pit are still completely filthy.
AltonTowerfanatic

Is work still going to continue on the x sector, even though the park is open? Still looks like there is much more need to be done! Eg: the rehydrator still has orange pipes!!!!!
I'm ready to Smile!
AltonTowerfanatic

Vladimir Bobinski wrote: Ooooh, shiny.  :) (Towers Nerd Live)

Shame no MAJOR changes have been made to the cars  :? But still who doesn't love and new lock of paint... :D
I'm ready to Smile!
Hitch

AltonTowerfanatic wrote:
Vladimir Bobinski wrote: Ooooh, shiny.  :) (Towers Nerd Live)

Shame no MAJOR changes have been made to the cars  :? But still who doesn't love and new lock of paint... :D
Ive never noticed this before but why does the seat in the middle have two seatbelts?
Danny

Quite a few rides are doing this now, it's for people who are overweight or chest size is bigger than accepted for the seats, I can't se the logic there, correct me if I'm wrong
daboywunda

Is there any sign of Submission being on 2 arms again....?

Or.. (if the power theory being true) are they waiting for the new substation to be active before they can power the 2nd arm?
AltonTowerfanatic

Has construction stop in the x sector due to the park being open? Althought it's had an great upgrade there's still much more needed i think! Like the pipes on the rehydrator are still orange and the ditch around the hole at the oblivion drop hasent changed at all and still looks all grimy and horrible! So will it still continue? It's a shame oblivion has only had a re paint the queue line needed a serious upgrade and changes to the card would of been nice!! :/
I'm ready to Smile!
AltonTowerfanatic

daboywunda wrote: Is there any sign of Submission being on 2 arms again....?

Or.. (if the power theory being true) are they waiting for the new substation to be active before they can power the 2nd arm?
Not sure but just saw a pic that was taken today and it was fenced off but with what I can only see as testers but only one are going
I'm ready to Smile!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

AltonTowerfanatic wrote:
daboywunda wrote: Is there any sign of Submission being on 2 arms again....?

Not sure but just saw a pic that was taken today and it was fenced off but with what I can only see as testers but only one are going
Please read my reply in the construction topic! Those fences are the back of the fences closing off The Smiler.
youarecorrectsir

I love the attention to detail! For example replacing the old seat belts with orange ones. Nice little touches I think!
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]