X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
Boz

ooh well spotted! I didn't notice that over the awesome stuff happening behind lol.
looks like they're doing something with it, we can only hope it's a removal :)
ryanlovesaltontowers

I hope they at least update the signage on the Rehydrator for when the park reopens in march; it's currently plastered in a mix match of signage styles.

Remove the yellow/orange 2006 style signs that the put up, replace with something more X-Sector style using the Oblivion font. Remove the giant fanta logo on op and replace it with the Oblivion logo. Replace the tatty, worn Coca Cola logos on the corners of Rehydrator with new ones or oblivion ones.

Overall the current updates to X-Sector are looking great though.
jonflips23

I do hope they ditch the fanta sign and give the orange arms sticking out the side a good lick of paint! It looks really tatty. I'm really looking forward to seeing X sector all spruced up :)
Mattfat1

How FLIPPING GOOD does Oblivion look right now!!!

Could see a Smiler logo replacing the Fanta one in the X-Sector MOJ takeover.... The Rehymaliser
MatthewR1990

Mattfat1 wrote: How FLIPPING GOOD does Oblivion look right now!!!

Could see a Smiler logo replacing the Fanta one in the X-Sector MOJ takeover.... The Rehymaliser
I said this in the construction thread. I proper smiler logo though, not just a printed one, I mean like full 3D and spinning. Lmao. Not gonna happen, but we can dream.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
N3m3s1s

How about a spiral (like the one from the MOJ logo)?
ryanlovesaltontowers

I don't think they should really add any referencing the Smiler to the Rehydrator, I've always thought of the Rehydrator as one of the key Oblivion theming pieces. The drop is aligned to the building and therefore I think the building should only ever reference Oblivion, a nice oblivion logo on the roof would look nice. Along with black pipes again, I think the orange will clash to much with the already over the top use of yellow on the smiler.
altontowerskid

I haven't really been following the refurb as such, just caught up with it this evening and I have to say, whoever has been the driving force for the X Sector refurbishment really needs some praise! :)

The whole area is looking fantastic and it's no where near finished yet! X Sector is receiving the attention it needs and it is fantastic to see Merlin investing in their future by updating old attractions. If this attitude will gradually spread throughout the park, it will ensure the Towers keeps it's magic :D

I think the refurb its self deserves a visit, especially Oblivion, which is looking beautifully evil :) 
Nath89

My girlfriend is on a training course at Towers today and she got to have a few goes on Oblivion, so i guess the repaint is complete and the ride is ready to be opened. She also said the Smiler looks massive up close.
... She rode Nemesis too. Jealous doesn't even describe haha.
Ripsaw Raver

ask her if that damn ugly fanta logo is gone yet please!

Right so in TheSun Pullout it has been confirmed that Oblvion-Submission and Enterprise are all past MOJ Experiments so how do we think this will change X-Sector, im hoping that we have the same queueline vids in Oblivions Queue but with the MOJ Logo flickering occasionaly and maybe a spiral, not a Smiley though as i think that should be keep just for TheSmiler. Maybe we will see MOJ logos on the X-Sector entrance and on the ride safety boards. I think we will see something but what..my main hope..actual area music for X-Sector
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Hitch

Ripsaw Raver wrote: ask her if that damn ugly fanta logo is gone yet please!

Right so in TheSun Pullout it has been confirmed that Oblvion-Submission and Enterprise are all past MOJ Experiments so how do we think this will change X-Sector, im hoping that we have the same queueline vids in Oblivions Queue but with the MOJ Logo flickering occasionaly and maybe a spiral, not a Smiley though as i think that should be keep just for TheSmiler. Maybe we will see MOJ logos on the X-Sector entrance and on the ride safety boards. I think we will see something but what..my main hope..actual area music for X-Sector
I hope they dont mess with the theming to much, it really is great as it is.
Nath89

Ripsaw Raver wrote: ask her if that damn ugly fanta logo is gone yet please!

She said, its sort of half gone, like theyve attempted to remove it. Its now half coca cola/half fanta... Apparently, so she says.
She's back there again tomorrow, so ill keep you guys updated if i hear anything interesting.
Ripsaw Raver

anything is better than nothing least their trying to remove it, and not just leaving it there
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
CoasterCrazyChris

Why are people so concerned about that logo on the roof? There was a Coca-Cola one up there for 13 years, yet nobody complained about that.

I'm more interested that they paint the pipes black again.

:)
gaz1313

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: Why are people so concerned about that logo on the roof? There was a Coca-Cola one up there for 13 years, yet nobody complained about that.

I'm more interested that they paint the pipes black again.

:)
I agree, I never really noticed the Coke logo. However, it was original, and nobody likes change!

Plus, it was much less intrusive, mainly due to the colour of the pipes.

(Towers Almanac and Merlin Mania)
Trisnie

I'm not that worried it matches the orange theme!

that all said I don't know if anyone has though of this but some people are talking about block paving well I would like to see them putting a giant Block paving Smiller logo that would look amazing
electricBlll_Returns

The Coca-Cola logo was just as bad as the Fanta one, just people rarely mentioned it because it had been there for so long. Rehydrator is still coated in Coca-Cola logos on all the walls, it's really intrusive (but bearable). The day the Rehydrator actually looks good, with a proper black colour scheme and no corporate branding in sight, I will be rather happy. :P

EDIT

I forgot to say... WOWOWWOOW X Sector looks brilliant this year!
gaz1313

electricBlll_Returns wrote: The Coca-Cola logo was just as bad as the Fanta one, just people rarely mentioned it because it had been there for so long. Rehydrator is still coated in Coca-Cola logos on all the walls, it's really intrusive (but bearable). The day the Rehydrator actually looks good, with a proper black colour scheme and no corporate branding in sight, I will be rather happy. :P

EDIT

I forgot to say... WOWOWWOOW X Sector looks brilliant this year!
I was thinking more from a vertical view than on the ground. It is plastered in Coke logos, and once had Fosters on aswell in tandem!

It will be a great year for X Sector definitely!  :D
nemesis1978

Just looking at those last photos and I really can't believe how awful Oblivion looked before the repaint!!!

Also I agree with those who say the pipes should be black as they originally where.  Really can't wait to get into x sector this year and see exactly what has been done. 
Gary S

nemesis1978 wrote: Just looking at those last photos and I really can't believe how awful Oblivion looked before the repaint!!!

Also I agree with those who say the pipes should be black as they originally where.  Really can't wait to get into x sector this year and see exactly what has been done.
Couldn't agree more - Blivvy looks stunning in those pics - the black adds to its menace!
A frown is a SMILE turned upside down...