X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
RubyGaga

thillmad wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I'm hoping it have more warning lights around the area and at the entrance of X sector a warning to enter at your own risk by use of a big sign or speakers.
Brilliant! And they should actually make the smoke effects work on the oblivion hole like they used to so that you can't see into it. Both arms on submission should work again and actors in uniform should patrol the area not saying any thing at all. The nurses should be walking around secret weapon 7 plaza saying to people every now and then "have you booked an appointment yet?".

These are my suggestions I hope you agree
I like the smoke idea, and the lights! it made me think that somehow they could project the smile logo into the hole onto the smoke!

Image ImageImageImage
RubyGaga

dylan.tempelaars wrote:
PSxyz wrote: The enterprise model is a discontinued one, so it's "replacement" has to be the fly away model, in which case expect it to feature the new gondola and restraint system design. http://www.hussrides.com/typo3temp/pics/b4ad02fa6d.jpg
sooooo it would be like this?
http://porsmond.bravepages.com/BigWeeke ... sure17.JPG
Haha! I live down the road from pleasure island, and that is the one ride I will refuse to go on again. Ever. I felt like I was going to fall right out of it! However, it'd be good to see another one at AT. A big swirl in the middle, from the smile logos eyes would make it fit in with the theme.

Image ImageImageImage
RubyGaga

Just a thought - Wouldn't it be more appealing if they re-themed oblivion house colour to be yellow? Like imagine x-sector to have a house style of yellows and grays. I know Oblivions colour has been orange since its creation, but if they changed the harnesses and logo to yellow, then I think that the whole of X-sector would look appealing.

This is just a suggestion  :)

Image ImageImageImage
gaz1313

RubyGaga wrote: Just a thought - Wouldn't it be more appealing if they re-themed oblivion house colour to be yellow? Like imagine x-sector to have a house style of yellows and grays. I know Oblivions colour has been orange since its creation, but if they changed the harnesses and logo to yellow, then I think that the whole of X-sector would look appealing.

Each ride has its own colour in X-Sector. Oblivion is orange-it can't be anything else.
tigzie1

"Staff source" The oblivion will most likeley be open if you reemember when they were taking out the tent  they had one side of X Sector closed off it will be like that with one single path down to the ride area.
arsenalfan-1

gaz1313 wrote:
RubyGaga wrote: Just a thought - Wouldn't it be more appealing if they re-themed oblivion house colour to be yellow? Like imagine x-sector to have a house style of yellows and grays. I know Oblivions colour has been orange since its creation, but if they changed the harnesses and logo to yellow, then I think that the whole of X-sector would look appealing.

Each ride has its own colour in X-Sector. Oblivion is orange-it can't be anything else.
Sorry, I have to agree with gaz1313. Oblivion's colour being Orange is far to iconic and if they changed it I - along with many other people - would be disappointed.  :|
Thanks Lewis97
CoasterCrazyChris

Oblivion is a strong brand in itself which dos not need infringing upon by The Smiler.

:)
Trisnie

arsenalfan-1 wrote:
gaz1313 wrote:

Sorry, I have to agree with gaz1313. Oblivion's colour being Orange is far to iconic and if they changed it I - along with many other people - would be disappointed.  :|
I am now worried the game shows it with yellow harnesses :(
that and submission with only 1 arm
Rollercoasters4Life

Trisnie wrote:
arsenalfan-1 wrote:
gaz1313 wrote: Each ride has its own colour in X-Sector. Oblivion is orange-it can't be anything else.
I am now worried the game shows it with yellow harnesses :(
that and submission with only 1 arm
The restraints on Oblivion on the game are Orange - its the seats that are yellow. With regards to Submission having only one arm on the game, I would of thought it is to make the game run smoother as you can see the double pointed end of the other arm (the opposite end to the carriage one).
N3m3s1s

Probably just for looks in-game, but Fried Chicken Co. is yellow in the app!
MatthewR1990

OBLIVION IS LOOKING HOT!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Kenzie2012

What are they doing to the paths n x-sector??

Any ideas?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
TomL

No wonder why the paths looked muddy in previous updates... It was mud! ta MI7! and relaying the brickwork i think its a new porous one they are getting???
Kenzie2012

It looks like they have dumped mounds of gravel around Oblivions drop!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
simononestop

looks like they are laying this down first for the block pathing to go on (you normally use sharp sand?).
so they are re-doing all the way round oblivion as well.

you still think X sectior will be open at the start of the season  :-k
JoshC

The fact that they are laying paths now makes it obvious that x-sector will be open in March, if it wasn't there wouldn't be any need for this until the rest of the ride was complete.
simononestop

i was more refurning to how quick can they lay 1000's or 10'000's of bricks on their sides in a pattern? tamper them spread sand over them. before march 16th in 16 day's?

dont know? just looks like 2 guys doing it on the photos?
does that sound possible?
Rollercoasters4Life

simononestop wrote: i was more refurning to how quick can they lay 1000's or 10'000's of bricks on their sides in a pattern? tamper them spread sand over them. before march 16th in 16 day's?

Well they have already done from the top of the X Sector sign down up to the Fried Chicken Company sign so I can see them managing to do the rest within 15 days.

Would image it will take another week tops - if that.
Boz

simononestop wrote: i was more refurning to how quick can they lay 1000's or 10'000's of bricks on their sides in a pattern? tamper them spread sand over them. before march 16th in 16 day's?

I remember how quickly they did the stealth plaza back in 2006, I was really shocked too. It only took them three days! It took the people doing our driveway two weeks! :-s go figure?
Rollercoasters4Life

Boz wrote:

I remember how quickly they did the stealth plaza back in 2006, I was really shocked too. It only took them three days! It took the people doing our driveway two weeks! :-s go figure?
You weren't paying them day rate were you? :lol:

I would image there will be 3-6 people laying that path so will be a bit quicker.