The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Kenzie2012

Oo oo oo, rumour has it the site is about to receive Crane Number 3

#CraneGate
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
boatey

I wonder how they would theme the rooms if it would be like a doctors surgery with the beds like surgery tables and drinks in syringes lol! just hope there good and not some cheap tacky room. cant wait
I love theme park they are my life. I would like to be a designer and want to start a collection of memorabilia from alton and thorpe
sku11dude123

Am i the only one thinking not to put the smiley face logo inside a closet next to the BED.

Your just relaxing there trying to get to sleep when suddenly the closet suddenly comes loose and creaks open.
News the next day: Boy found Unconscious in Alton towers hotel bed.
Roodlesnouter

So with the ride delayed until May, gutted, do you think there is more chance of a MAP preview event?

March 16th would have been a no no as the park would have been closed on the days, weeks before the ride was due to open.

But now they have a great opportunity to reward us MAP holder with a preview. They could sell a whole bunch of MAPs on the back of announcing such an event, they could really go to town with a Sanctuary tie in too.

wasn't sure where to post so please move if wrong.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kenzie2012

You know what that's not a bad bit of thinking at all... The only fallback would be the normal customers that day may get annoyed that they are not being allowed to ride it. They wold need a check point at the to of Xsector to enable only pass holder to gain entry.

Very good idea though, I'd like that a lot as I'm not planning on visiting on opening day due to the massive volume this is going to attract.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Owen

I think that the "special" mug will be the logo with the eyes on the actuall mug but the smily bit is the handle then on the blank BLACK side could be written THE SMILER and like the TH13TEEN mugs in side on the base could be the themed AT logo

What do you think?
N3m3s1s

Anybody else noticed the change on the Smiler Website? I think we've got it all wrong...
scw55

I think we're getting the First ever coaster in the world according to the text in the circle.
I know it also means a Coaster with a World First.
It's just the lack of punctuation makes it not clear.
Boz

N3m3s1s wrote: Anybody else noticed the change on the Smiler Website? I think we've got it all wrong...
:censored: you! I'm moving you up the list :evil:

;)
Liam-AltonTowers

Who thinks The Smiler themed rooms will be open from March 16th or do you think they'll open in May along with The Smiler itself.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Ripsaw Raver

this is what i hope for from a Smiler room..

White a clinical, over sized Double hospital bed, MOJ posters on the wall,old tv set which occasionally shows "MOJ Adverts" Smiler on the ceiling, subliminal style sounds played or occasional..wait for it.."Sanctuary style Marmalisation"

so your sat the room the tv displays MARMALISATION IN 3,2,1-Smiler flickers on,light go off and replaced with strobing multicolored lights,the tv displays the imagery,heavy bass buzzing noises maybe a little water vapor mist then blackness and lights come back on and room is normal again.

Hoping for alot but i think that would be awesome
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Vanessa Feltz

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Kenzie2012 wrote: I get your drift.... But to get rid of the Benjamin Bunny room is just silly. It's such a comfy room, full of unique and quirky features. Kids love and adults too..... They have plenty of other normal rooms they can redo.
True, I forgot about the normal ones. Wait so how many rooms in total are there in the Alton Towers hotel and how many rooms are there in total in the Splash Landings hotel...?
175 Standard rooms & 8 Themed rooms in ATH

216 Standard rooms & 14 Themed Rooms in SL
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Liam-AltonTowers

Vanessa Feltz wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Kenzie2012 wrote: I get your drift.... But to get rid of the Benjamin Bunny room is just silly. It's such a comfy room, full of unique and quirky features. Kids love and adults too..... They have plenty of other normal rooms they can redo.
True, I forgot about the normal ones. Wait so how many rooms in total are there in the Alton Towers hotel and how many rooms are there in total in the Splash Landings hotel...?
175 Standard rooms & 8 Themed rooms in ATH

216 Standard rooms & 14 Themed Rooms in SL
So does that mean in like the Splash Landings hotel say there's only like four Pirate Themed rooms and four Ice Age Themed rooms?

Vanessa Feltz

There are 2 ice age rooms and 1 pirate room
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Liam-AltonTowers

Vanessa Feltz wrote: There are 2 ice age rooms and 1 pirate room
Wait I'm confused, so there's only one Pirate Room in the entire hotel?

N3m3s1s

Does anybody think that scare rooms next year may have a Smiler twist? That would be cool...
Kenzie2012

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
There's 2 Pirate rooms in Splash Landings.
Liam-AltonTowers

Kenzie2012 wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
There's 2 Pirate rooms in Splash Landings.
Oh right, thanks Kenzie.
N3m3s1s wrote: Does anybody think that scare rooms next year may have a Smiler twist? That would be cool...
Yeah, maybe for the Splash Landings hotel they could have a sort of one off room where a experiment has gone wrong obviously at the same time the Alton Towers hotel scare rooms are going on. It could be based around The Sanctuary rather than The Smiler as The Smiler is 'owned' by The Sanctuary.

Anyway back to The Smiler themed rooms, I don't think they should paint the walls entirely black, possibly a black and white colour (but mostly white) and have the smiling logo randomly dotted around the room.

Phild94

Just wondering, where did the word marmalisation arise from? Keep hearing it and I presume it's from the sanctuary but just wanted to clarify :D thanks

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Adam

Yeah it is from the sanctuary. It was the mind altering section in the middle of the maze.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."