Smile always. New for 2013.
Joshysqaushy

Just made this video in anticipation for the smiler  :D
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Heisenberg96

Joshysqaushy wrote: Just made this video in anticipation for the smiler  :D
Wow! Fantastic work that's gotten me excited now!

Speaking of it, anyone reckon we'll see adverts this weekend?
Danny

The Smiler beds!:

@lisaminot
Kirsty25

Danny wrote: The Smiler beds!:

@lisaminot
that looks awesome - though I hope they're not actual cctv cameras...
Andzdrew

There's that barcode I was on about, it goes over the ceiling to the tv and it's number is 14140000400011 I'm sure it means something
hursty

Hi

Matmi via Twitter @Matmi
Experience The Smiler app and #getcorrected . Update coming soon the-smiler.com/the-game/ #TheSmiler
Probably adding the final unlockables to the game

Update

Matmi via Twitter @Matmi
All Smiles for Brands and Augmented Reality. Time to #getcorrected #TheSmiler

http://www.matmi.com/blog/all-smiles-for-brands-and-augmented-reality/
Last edited by hursty on Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
george2v

Just spoken to Theme Park Collective and they told me they have a HD version of the Smiler soundtrack. Apparently it is to be kept private but they will release shortly. They didn't specify how long "shortly" is - though these are the same people who have apparently "ridden The Smiler" and confirmed the "facial recognition carriages".......
Th13TEENGUY

Really just think there just messing about  :roll: :roll: :roll:
LCFC til i die
owen.williams.39

Im making a presentation on the smiler and i need some good gif images i have the one of the website and the one of here but does anyone know anymore good ones  :D
DrakeParker

Is it bad that Dr. Kelman reminds me of John L. Smith?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-nQLd6z9OU
You Can't See Me
RubyGaga

owen.williams.39 wrote: Im making a presentation on the smiler and i need some good gif images i have the one of the website and the one of here but does anyone know anymore good ones  :D
What kind of gifs? Gifs of the actual ride? Or just smiler related??

Image ImageImageImage
Phild94

Posted this in construction yesterday but never actually got an answer XD just plenty of arguments :D XD

Anyway....

Am I right in thinking that The Smiler (presuming it does duel) will be the worlds first single track-self duelling rollercoaster :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
ilyAlton

Phild94 wrote: Posted this in construction yesterday but never actually got an answer XD just plenty of arguments :D XD

Anyway....

Am I right in thinking that The Smiler (presuming it does duel) will be the worlds first single track-self duelling rollercoaster :D
I posted this a few weeks back, I thought this was going to happen, the track layout seems perfect for it. Less than a week and we will find out.
Sam198

There are plenty of mobius loop coasters out there. GN and MAMT spring to mind...
schmatt

EDIT: Not sure if this is in the right place, should it be in speculation? Many apologies if so..

Been thinking about the rumor of projectors inside the station building and thought they could be used to create a dramatic dispatch similar to that of air's. This would create excitement before riders are even on the ride waiting to be dispatched. I've taken sources of inspiration from images released from alton towers and will quote these at the end of this post.

The riders board in bright hospital-style lighting with the addition white flicking medical lights. The walls are bare and clinical to follow the theme. TV's above the station gates showing an EKG monitors (heart-rate) with the numbers 1-4 on each screen representing the car's rows. A EKG sound effect is also heard (those annoying bleeps) which get progressively faster as riders board the train. The monitors also show more sign of activity, suggesting riders heart rates are increasing. Other hospital ambiance can also faintly be heard.

Once the car is about to be dispatched, the lights drop to reveal the walls plastered with spinning smiler faces, MOJ logo and swirls, either from projectors or could be painted on the walls in UV paint with blacklights. Doctor Kelman appears on the TV's saying "smile. always." or "Get Corrected", in the similar style to the sanctuary pre-show videos. Along with this chronic laughter is heard, slowly getting louder until the car dispatches where it suddenly stops, allowing the rider's scream from the indoor drop to be heard by those waiting in the station.

Once the car leaves the station the lights come back up and projectors fade. The TV's go back to the EKG and row numbers for more advocates to be allocated to their seats. The cycle then restarts and is repeated on the next dispatch.
Last edited by schmatt on Sat May 18, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bealyboy

That would be cool
SMILE.ALWAYS
DoubleOh7

Dramatic dispatch like airs?!?! Yes air could have had so much for potential and the station is awesome but as well all know....that tunnel.......

Heres hoping towers have had an opportunity to put that right this time with the smiler - I really like your suggestions!
Owen

DoubleOh7 wrote: Dramatic dispatch like airs?!?! Yes air could have had so much for potential and the station is awesome but as well all know....that tunnel.......

Heres hoping towers have had an opportunity to put that right this time with the smiler - I really like your suggestions!
As john has said
john wardley: regarding the air tunnel three words...GET.A.LIFE
DoubleOh7

haha! Im not going on about the air tunnel whatsoever merely commenting that in my opinion it was a wasted opportunity and that this time I believe they wont make that mistake again.

From concept art on air etc I think the whole thing was left slightly unfinished but thats a whole other topic that needs to be discussed elsewhere and in all honesty has been done to death....

Anyway Im loving the smilers theme and the marketing so far, just itching for an advert now :)
Owen

DoubleOh7 wrote: haha! Im not going on about the air tunnel whatsoever merely commenting that in my opinion it was a wasted opportunity and that this time I believe they wont make that mistake again.

From concept art on air etc I think the whole thing was left slightly unfinished but thats a whole other topic that needs to be discussed elsewhere and in all honesty has been done to death....

Anyway Im loving the smilers theme and the marketing so far, just itching for an advert now :)
YES!i agree with both your comments *hopes for towers to consider adding the waterfalls and the wing-dip*