The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
SwEDEN

Talking of pavements... Do you think we could still see the text such as 'marmalisation zone' and the yellow graphics painted onto the pavement? Or is this too far off? (this effect can be found in the game if a certain image is scanned)
MatthewR1990

SwEDEN wrote: Talking of pavements... Do you think we could still see the text such as 'marmalisation zone' and the yellow graphics painted onto the pavement? Or is this too far off? (this effect can be found in the game if a certain image is scanned)
I'd say no. As logic would dictate it would be better to do it before the fences are added. Otherwise you will paint one line and have to run through the queue line to carry it on the other side lmao. Not impossible. But highly counter productive.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
daveclarkedaveclarke

Not sure if its been asked before but the station building, all the concrete on the front is anything happening with it or is it getting left with the yellow piping on it?
mattallennet

The concrete panels everywhere do look very unfinished, don't they?
Kirsty25

Maybe that's the point though, concrete looks harsh and is very 1950s/1960s which would link to the closure of the sanctuary and being taken over by MOJ... Just a thought.
AndreJD

Kirsty25 wrote: Maybe that's the point though, concrete looks harsh and is very 1950s/1960s which would link to the closure of the sanctuary and being taken over by MOJ... Just a thought.
I agree but I just wish they had put something in to breakup the concrete a little bit more, like the windows on the old plans.

mattallennet

Kirsty25 wrote: Maybe that's the point though, concrete looks harsh and is very 1950s/1960s which would link to the closure of the sanctuary and being taken over by MOJ... Just a thought.
I think it looks like the walls round parking areas round the back of old council estates, but without the graffiti
getothing

i really like it ,but the smiler is a futuristic and new proyect for 2013 .
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
RubyGaga

mattallennet wrote:
I think it looks like the walls round parking areas round the back of old council estates, but without the graffiti
Haha! Lets hope they snaz it up with more smiler graphics

Image ImageImageImage
sw7nutter

Does anyone have any clues yet. http://www.the-smiler.com/videos/
Smile scared doesn't work
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Krazycoaster

sw7nutter wrote: Does anyone have any clues yet. http://www.the-smiler.com/videos/
Smile scared doesn't work
1st: do not resist
2nd: it's time 2
Boz

Can I take this opportunity to remind all users that duplicate accounts are against the TTF T&Cs. The Miles Cedars account was a fake, and has now been removed, please disregard it. If anyone is found to be doing this in future, you will risk a permanent ban from this community.

Keep Smiling
Boz 8)
darkainur

Just a quick question if anyone knows. This ride looks like it has alot of headchoppers to it and this makes tall people like myself not only nervous about these elements (I guess they work!) but if this ride is going to have a max height restriction? I already get turned away from from spinball and thirteen and this ride actually looks like it's going to be decent so I'd be gutted if I couldnt go on it.
Kirsty25

There will be an upper height limit due tongue tightness of the track and I would expect it to be 1.96m as seems to be pretty standard but we shall see I guess.
Benjsh

I'm 6ft 5 and I don't get turned away from Sonic or Thirteen so hopefully I should be okay. Would be devestated if I couldn't ride Smiler.
N3m3s1s

Kirsty25 wrote: There will be an upper height limit due tongue tightness of the track and I would expect it to be 1.96m as seems to be pretty standard but we shall see I guess.
A lot of the time, height restrictions are due to the cars (e.g restraints and head rests), so I'm hoping that this will have a 7 foot restriction. I've been turned away from stealth because of the possibility of whiplash, but not the swarm. These elements (the head-choppers) are designed to look close, when you're actually quite far from them (e.g the Swarm's billboard). Please don't be 1.95m!

EDIT: Thinking about it, Saw has a 7 foot restriction and that has similar restraints and a head-chopper. Surely this would be the same?
Last edited by N3m3s1s on Sat May 04, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astro61201

head choppers are an illusion, like AT did a measure of Saws noise for the smiler they may do the same with height limits
Last edited by Astro61201 on Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
cant wait!, cant wait!, cant wait! :uk:
Kirsty25

N3m3s1s wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote: There will be an upper height limit due tongue tightness of the track and I would expect it to be 1.96m as seems to be pretty standard but we shall see I guess.
A lot of the time, height restrictions are due to the cars (e.g restraints and head rests), so I'm hoping that this will have a 7 foot restriction. I've been turned away from stealth because of the possibility of whiplash, but not the swarm. These elements (the head-choppers) are designed to look close, when you're actually quite far from them (e.g the Swarm's billboard). Please don't be 1.95m!

EDIT: Thinking about it, Saw has a 7 foot restriction and that has similar restraints and a head-chopper. Surely this would be the same?
This is true re Saw... and same manufacturer so maybe - fingers crossed!
Kautoluke

Hi everyone sorry if the pic doesn't work, first time trying and doing it from mobile. If it doenst work ill try later on the pc.
Anyhow it's my birthday today and I thought if share with you the cake my sister made for me :)

http://m1275.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 0&newest=1

Here is the link for anyone interested :) also very sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Last edited by Kautoluke on Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You bred raptors?
undeadarmy

Kautoluke wrote: Image

Hi everyone sorry if the pic doesn't work, first time trying and doing it from mobile. If it doenst work ill try later on the pc.
Anyhow it's my birthday today and I thought if share with you the cake my sister made for me :)

http://m1275.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 0&newest=1

Here is the link for anyone interested :) also very sorry if this is in the wrong place.

That is so AWESOME!

Oh my god, I want one now. Tell your sister to set up an evil baking company in X Sector.