The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Roodlesnouter

Adam wrote: Yeah it is from the sanctuary. It was the mind altering section in the middle of the maze.
The bit with the video, water and leg ticklers? smells too if I remember right. A real assault on the senses.

Video was done in similar style to this.  Image
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boz

roodlesnouter wrote:
Adam wrote: Yeah it is from the sanctuary. It was the mind altering section in the middle of the maze.
The bit with the video, water and leg ticklers? smells too if I remember right. A real assault on the senses.

Anyone else noticed that that GIF, has a very similar style to the oblivion videos?
scw55

Yep I have.
However the bits they show are blue-prints or biological diagrams.

Striking similarities however.
Ripsaw Raver

Ok not technically official, but heres me doing my bit as a willing advocate to promote The Smiler,Marmalisation and The Ministry Of Joy through my old badge maker, not a kiddy plastic thing but an actual badge maker, and i realised i havd 4 extra clips left so i made some unofficial memorobilia. Before anyone gets on the copyright high horse, im not selling these and not gaining any profit, so effectivly its no worse than having the smiler background on your phone..

Hope you all like them.
Ministry of Joy logo is the work of Project Towers =]

CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
spin_doctor

Those are really cool! Well done.

If anyone has issue with them they need to seriously get a life.
ryanlovesaltontowers

Boz wrote:
roodlesnouter wrote:

Anyone else noticed that that GIF, has a very similar style to the oblivion videos?
I did too, perhaps this is hinting that within the station an Oblivion style video will be played, even though it may seem like copying it would work extremely well and would suit The Smiler.
Hmv

Ripsaw Raver wrote: Ok not technically official, but heres me doing my bit as a willing advocate to promote The Smiler,Marmalisation and The Ministry Of Joy through my old badge maker, not a kiddy plastic thing but an actual badge maker, and i realised i havd 4 extra clips left so i made some unofficial memorobilia. Before anyone gets on the copyright high horse, im not selling these and not gaining any profit, so effectivly its no worse than having the smiler background on your phone..

Hope you all like them.
Ministry of Joy logo is the work of Project Towers =]

I like :) my staff one broke :( so I'm well jealous lol
Henry

I know its not much of a contribution but for the peepy holes, the Smiler logo could be right on it so your eye goes on the Smiler eye!
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
oj

I'm guessing that the room will probably have no major effects e.g actors or smoke effects as these are most likely seen at the scarefest
The Smiler is Coming...
Liam-AltonTowers

I think the rooms should be open for the start of the season so that they can advertise the new ride for people who are just staying in the hotel and who might not know much about The Smiler although it's virtually impossible to not know about The Smiler due to all the marketing all over the country.
Henry wrote: I know its not much of a contribution but for the peepy holes, the Smiler logo could be right on it so your eye goes on the Smiler eye!
Yeah, that's a good idea.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
DoubleOh7

Has anyone else had this stuck in their head????

SO catchy Ive been humming it away to myself all day its driving me crackers!!!
Roodlesnouter

DoubleOh7 wrote: Has anyone else had this stuck in their head????

Yes yes and yes again, I love it. been looking for a better copy but to no avail. I know it was a fake vid but it was bloody good and this tune is brilliant for the theme.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joshysqaushy

i thought i was the only one!  :D
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Phild94

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS EVERYWHERE :D i think the song in general is fantastic, i really hope towers had found this :( would have just been absolutely perfect

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Phild94

If on the bed they could use 2 pillow cases with the spirals on and with the smile on the duvet it would work well, Smiler logos plastered all over the walls, a fake cctv camera in the room and a TV saying welcome subject SW7-2013 to your new home :D, something creepy as if you've been placed in a mental institution......

Also i think a washing machine in the corner would work quite nicely...............

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
JayJay90

anyone know when the smiler game app goes live seeing as though its now feb :D
Liam-AltonTowers

JayJay90 wrote: anyone know when the smiler game app goes live seeing as though its now feb :D
Well it did never actually mention a specific date in February but I presume that in a couple of days maybe, they'll release an actual date for when the game comes out.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
TomL

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
JayJay90 wrote: anyone know when the smiler game app goes live seeing as though its now feb :D
Well it did never actually mention a specific date in February but I presume that in a couple of days maybe, they'll release an actual date for when the game comes out.
I have a felling it will be the first day half term... They could do alot more advertising in the park too :)
LondonLiam

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but here goes!

Im travelling to The Resort for my 21st on April 27th/28th. Obviously was trying to get on The Smiler but since the date has been pushed back to May, that will probably not happen.

I just wondered if anyone knew of Alton Towers doing any sort of soft opening with rides, opening a possibility to get on the ride.

I know TH13TEEN was rushed right up until the morning of the opening, but I thought I would ask!

Thanks!
swfcjambo

LondonLiam wrote: Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but here goes!

Im travelling to The Resort for my 21st on April 27th/28th. Obviously was trying to get on The Smiler but since the date has been pushed back to May, that will probably not happen.

I just wondered if anyone knew of Alton Towers doing any sort of soft opening with rides, opening a possibility to get on the ride.

I know TH13TEEN was rushed right up until the morning of the opening, but I thought I would ask!

Thanks!
Maybe you could volunteer to be one of the test dummies?
Last edited by swfcjambo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.