The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Liam-AltonTowers

oliviamae wrote: It'd be good to have an intense and a mild room if there is to be two, so there's a choice for thrillseekers and families alike.
Or maybe when they two they mean SW7 rooms in each of the hotels?

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
ZozMeakizz

Liam-AltonTowers wrote: Do you think these rooms are gonna cost more than say the Pirate and Ice Age themed rooms?
I don't think the Nemesis or Oblivion rooms cost any more, so I doubt it.
Liam-AltonTowers wrote: Or maybe when they two they mean SW7 rooms in each of the hotels?
Does Splash Landings have any themed rooms? I didn't think it did...
R.I.P. Beastie!! You were my first terror!! :')
http://zoztpg.blogspot.co.uk/
Liam-AltonTowers

ZozMeakizz wrote: Does Splash Landings have any themed rooms? I didn't think it did...
Splash Landings has:
  • Beachcomber Rooms - the standard bedrooms which have a slight Caribbean them to them.
  • Pirate Themed Rooms - these are fully themed rooms and opened at the same time when Mutiny Bay opened. These rooms cost slightly more.
  • Ice Age Themed Rooms - these rooms are themed around Ice Age and are the most expensive out of all three.
At the moment the Splash Landing Hotel only has those three rooms - one standard themed and two more themed. Next year though Splash Landings might be getting the SW7 Themed Rooms but we'll have to wait and see.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

When are the rooms due to open? Start of the season?
Because say in the... Unlikely... Event of SW7 being delayed surely it would mean the rooms are also prevented from opening, otherwise it would give away the theme.
Kenzie2012

I thinks they would be delayed in the event of a push back for SW7.

You can't open the room for a ride that isn't open.

:santa:
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
oliviamae

Kenzie2012 wrote: I thinks they would be delayed in the event of a push back for SW7.

You can't open the room for a ride that isn't open.

:santa:
Hopefully they will do special deals on the rooms before the ride opens if the delays are true. Would be a good way to keep the enthusiasts happy while waiting for the opening
Samwise

The room won't be ready for the ride opening, I spoke to someone at the hotel yesterday when I rang to enquire.
Wise
Liam-AltonTowers

Do they have enough room to put these rooms in anyway? If there going in the Splash Landings hotel say, which current rooms will they remove to add the SW7 ones. Where as if they're going in the Alton Towers hotel then they only have to get rid of one of the themes they already have - such as the Benjamin Bunny room as there's one really similar to it and its quite a plain room anyway.

Bexbunce

Maybe room 5 and 14 will be changed into sw7 themed room lol
oliviamae

I'm staying in ATH for my birthday weekend so a SW7 room may be a possibility. I just hope it's of a high quality and not too extortionate! Hopefully booking will be available start of season.
Kenzie2012

Liam-AltonTowers wrote: Do they have enough room to put these rooms in anyway? If there going in the Splash Landings hotel say, which current rooms will they remove to add the SW7 ones. Where as if they're going in the Alton Towers hotel then they only have to get rid of one of the themes they already have - such as the Benjamin Bunny room as there's one really similar to it and its quite a plain room anyway.
I get your drift.... But to get rid of the Benjamin Bunny room is just silly. It's such a comfy room, full of unique and quirky features. Kids love and adults too..... They have plenty of other normal rooms they can redo.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Liam-AltonTowers

Kenzie2012 wrote: I get your drift.... But to get rid of the Benjamin Bunny room is just silly. It's such a comfy room, full of unique and quirky features. Kids love and adults too..... They have plenty of other normal rooms they can redo.
True, I forgot about the normal ones. Wait so how many rooms in total are there in the Alton Towers hotel and how many rooms are there in total in the Splash Landings hotel...?

CoasterCrazyChris

Would be awesome if the smiler logo was painted in glow in the dark colours on the celing above the bed...
Marcus

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: Would be awesome if the smiler logo was painted in glow in the dark colours on the celing above the bed...
That would be awesome, and all over the wallpaper!
Adz
Admin
Admin

Please continue all discussion on anything SW7 (Secret Weapon 7) related which does not fit into any of the other topics in here.
Last edited by Adz on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JayJay90

Hello I just come home very drunk and an employee of Alton commented on my Instagram saying inoculator. Is this the name?
swfcjambo

Hope not!!

It does look like that may be the case though. :(
swfcjambo

Marcus Assab wrote: I wouldn't wanna sleep in a SW7 themed room IMO; I would be freaked out. How many themed room of each do they have?
Haha - imagine waking up with Dr Kelman hovering over your bed, holding a large syringe...... Prepare to #getcorrected
Roodlesnouter

Word is, it is NOT the name of the ride. There is a rumour on twitter that the reveal will be on Wednesday.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Th13TEENGUY

Liam-AltonTowers wrote: When you guys say "two rooms" do you mean like two different styles of rooms themed around SW7 or an SW7 themed room in each of the hotels?
in each or one hotel in my opinion the main one
LCFC til i die