The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
scott.smith

djneice wrote: I don't think much more will happen untill closed season, maybe the general landscaping and concrete but that's about it, the coaster itself will go up pretty quick.. It's just a pain that we won't be able to see what's going on in closed season.
At least it's a bit more visible than TH13TEEN
Adam

Construction Update - August 11th 2012

View all the photos on our SW7 Minisite! Click Here! :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Boz

Great update, thanks guys :)
that's a big hole they're digging at the bottom of the site. if my model is anything to go by, it pretty much confirms the track layout on the plans are accurate.

a couple of reference pics for you, the deep excavation they have made looks like the area in front of the station, which is lower than the rest of the plaza to give clearance for the interlocking batwing/cobra roll element.

Chris
Admin
Admin

Great pics! Nice to see things moving on a little now.
stu1980

Hello all

I was at the park on Sunday and saw 3 new metal beams that have now been put in near the top end by the loo,s also a new brick base also (looks like breeze block) that is around 4 feet high. Also there is a big poster halfway down towers street too that now says "SW7 Opening March 2013" no date yet but the posters are popping up all over now. Im back at the park on in the next week or so and will try to get some pics.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
DontLookDown98

:D it gonna be sick i think it gonna be better than nemesis you no because the event last year was to see what type of ride they were gonna do for sw7 that what i recon  :roll:
Last edited by DontLookDown98 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpe Park my faviourte park in britan love The Swarm and Stealth
JaykeAT

DontLookDown98 wrote: :D it gonna be sick i think it gonna be better than nemesis you no because the event last year waas to see what type of ride they were gonna do for sw7 that whhat i recon  :roll:
If I had a pound every time someone said a new ride would be better than nemesis, apart from this time, it might be right!
Last edited by JaykeAT on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteB

the son on the hole wrote:
DontLookDown98 wrote: :D it gonna be sick i think it gonna be better than nemesis you no because the event last year waas to see what type of ride they were gonna do for sw7 that whhat i recon  :roll:
If I had a pound every time someone said a new ride would be better than nemesis, apart from this time, it might be right!
And the fact this ride has been in planning for 3 years, before they did the All Time Greats campaign.  :roll:
scw55

I thought the promotion was to help decide what theme the new dark-ride to be.

In less it's a coincidence Nemesis won and they then went ahead with Nemesis Sub Terra.
(I have no idea how they would have done a dark ride for Air. Air doesn't strike me as a ride themed on making you afraid)
JaykeAT

scw55 wrote: I thought the promotion was to help decide what theme the new dark-ride to be.

In less it's a coincidence Nemesis won and they then went ahead with Nemesis Sub Terra.
(I have no idea how they would have done a dark ride for Air. Air doesn't strike me as a ride themed on making you afraid)

maybe it could of been a fly school that got invaded by the nemesis "crab"....

anyway back on topic guys nice to see a big hole
scott.smith

scw55 wrote: I thought the promotion was to help decide what theme the new dark-ride to be.

It could have been a underground launch tower instead of a drop tower, Oblivion however would have been a good choice with the black hole tent opposite but that would mean no sw7
Kenzie2012

I really hope they put a time lapse up soon...
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Themeparksandy1981

Kenzie2012 wrote: I really hope they put a time lapse up soon...
Yeah like they did with the corkscrew.
Kenzie2012

With the Corkscrew???

I've never seen that...
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Stern John

Kenzie2012 wrote: With the Corkscrew???

I've never seen that...
Think they mean this http://www.altontowersheritage.com/members/corkscrew.asp
Javs

Great to see some proper construction at last! Although those of you trying to compare this with Nemesis need your bottoms smacked! Comparing to a ledgend normally ends in dissapointment, so maybe treat it as a new experience or compare it to something similar, like Saw! Do that, and it will be no dissapointment!
gbm

stu1980 wrote: Hello all

I was at the park on Sunday and saw 3 new metal beams that have now been put in near the top end by the loo,s also a new brick base also (looks like breeze block) that is around 4 feet high. Also there is a big poster halfway down towers street too that now says "SW7 Opening March 2013" no date yet but the posters are popping up all over now. Im back at the park on in the next week or so and will try to get some pics.
I'm heading up a couple of times in September so hoping this means I'll see some action / more beams put up.  :)

Imagine they'll be leaving any worlds first / special sections til after the parks closed for the season.
I'llookdownifiwanto

stu1980 wrote: Hello all

I'm pretty sure that they're just leftover supports from the Black Hole. I have no idea why they are still there though  :?

*sniffs* "Don't like m£rlin" :(
Oblivesis

Going sometime early september so I'll get some photo's up of progress then.
stretchy

Hey Guys

Firstly the fences have been pushed further into X sector

Next. The hole is now no longer a hole and is rapidly becoming a lake
The cause of the lake

From the bottom looking up (taken through the gate.

From the top looking down

usual shot from oblivion queue
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]