The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
rosco1982uk

jbuckton18 wrote: Im being realistic also ! You have to accept that it's more than likely its going to open tomorrow. It all pieces together perfectly for an opening tomorrow ! It just make sense !

And so even if you see pictures tomorrow of people queuing for the ride and AT still havent announced it , you still wont come down ? :L
Lol, that's irrelevant as if it's open then they'll make an announcement.

I've never said it won't open tomorrow, but the simple fact at the moment is that you can't say 100% that it will open.

I have said I hope it is open tomorrow - but a lot of people are going to have egg on their faces if it isn't.
Last edited by rosco1982uk on Thu May 30, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbuckton18

rosco1982uk wrote: I had actually. I was so disappointed that I went to the pub instead.
Tragic ! You seriously still didnt come down ? There are 50+ other amazing magical attractions to go on according to AT hahahahaha ! ;) No seriously tho , you would rather sit in a pub getting mashed than ride nemesis , rita , blivvy etc ? Just becasue 1 ride isnt open doesnt mean you still cant come down and enjoy your day ! I would much rather go to AT than sit in a pub all day
Last edited by jbuckton18 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
jbuckton18

MatthewR1990 wrote: Can a member on park do some Ninja like secret recording of the staff admitting it will open tomorrow?
Ill do my best ;)
rosco1982uk

jbuckton18 wrote: Tragic ! You seriously still didnt come down ? There are 50+ other amazing magical attractions to go on according to AT hahahahaha ! ;) No seriously tho , you would rather sit in a pub getting mashed than ride nemesis , rita , blivvy etc ? Just becasue 1 ride isnt open doesnt mean you still cant come down and enjoy your day ! I would much rather go to AT than sit in a pub all day
It's a 5 hour drive there and a 5 hour drive back mate.

If you're unfortunate enough to live up here then AT becomes a once / maybe twice a year visit max.

Visit one is saved for the Smiler opening and visit 2 is saved for Halloween.
Last edited by rosco1982uk on Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbuckton18

rosco1982uk wrote:
It's a 5 hour drive there and a 5 hour drive back mate.

If you're unfortunate enough to live up here then AT becomes a once / maybe twice a year visit max.

Visit one is saved for the Smiler opening and visit 2 is saved for Halloween.
well thats fair enough !
Last edited by jbuckton18 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayTricky

16th June visit for me. Playing it ultra safe and don't want the panic and bustle of opening week. Made that mistake with AIR... I can still remember that long queue, people's faces and 'PPK Resurrection' playing over the speakers!
Boz

Can I remind all members that "chain quoting" is against the forum guidelines, please take 5 secs longer to adjust your post, and trim out everything that is unnecessary.

Thanks in advance.
jbuckton18

There is now no guy stood at the  smiler fencing now. Dont know where he has gone ! I asked another park staff member around the smiler site and he said that they have been told that it's opening tomorrow! More park staff confirmed this aswell. It must be true if more than 1 park staff member has confirmed this ? The fact it's on the queue boards now is also a big factor and the fact that all the fencing around the smiler entrance has gone except for 2 pieces actually blocking the entrance.

Nothing to report really. The workers are all chatting and eating food from Fried Chicken ! , Marmi screen is on and usuall and thats it really. Looks to be all done now! Im 99% sure it will open tomorrow.
JBragg1

does the board at the smiler which gives you a que time mach the outher que time boards around the park
jbuckton18

jbragg1 wrote: does the board at the smiler which gives you a que time mach the outher que time boards around the park
The smiler wall board is off at the moment and the queue times board says it's closed but keeps alternating between closed and 0 mins and 101 mins and 999 mins .. soo lol
Balb0wa

Going tomorrow, have a pass, so no biggie if its closed
mac359

Balb0wa wrote: Going tomorrow, have a pass, so no biggie if its closed
Me too, may get a POV and some pictures! :O 8)
jbuckton18

Interesting... People ( looks like normal people dressed in jeans and what not ) have just been allowed through the perimeter fencing and headed up towards where the shop is. They looked like general people to me .. 2 guys , 1 woman and a kid ages 14 -15 ish ? I asked how come they were allowed through and the guy told me that they had some sort of pass that let them through but then walked off elsewhere .. hmmm !
TheSmiler1998

I agree with rosco! I'm saving my birthday trip to the park until the smiler is open. It's not a fun journey from Tonbridge (look it up  :D) and if I just want to re ride rollercoasters i will go to Thorpe Park which is less than an hour away. Alton towers for us southerners as well is really a once/twice/thrice yearly treat
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
jbuckton18

jbuckton18 wrote: Interesting... People ( looks like normal people dressed in jeans and what not ) have just been allowed through the perimeter fencing and headed up towards where the shop is. They looked like general people to me .. 2 guys , 1 woman and a kid ages 14 -15 ish ? I asked how come they were allowed through and the guy told me that they had some sort of pass that let them through but then walked off elsewhere .. hmmm !
EDIT: Sorry just found out that it was actually John Wardley and family :) .. Im ashamed that i didnt recognise him!
TheSmiler1998

jbuckton18 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote: Interesting... People ( looks like normal people dressed in jeans and what not ) have just been allowed through the perimeter fencing and headed up towards where the shop is. They looked like general people to me .. 2 guys , 1 woman and a kid ages 14 -15 ish ? I asked how come they were allowed through and the guy told me that they had some sort of pass that let them through but then walked off elsewhere .. hmmm !
EDIT: Sorry just found out that it was actually John Wardley and family :) .. Im ashamed that i didnt recognise him!
Leave and never return to the forum  :twisted:
;)
Last edited by TheSmiler1998 on Thu May 30, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
XXBENNXX

TheSmiler1998 wrote: I agree with rosco! I'm saving my birthday trip to the park until the smiler is open. It's not a fun journey from Tonbridge (look it up  :D) and if I just want to re ride rollercoasters i will go to Thorpe Park which is less than an hour away. Alton towers for us southerners as well is really a once/twice/thrice yearly treat
we are on the south coast, literally mine and the wife's front door is 200 feet from the sea
jbuckton18

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:
Leave and never return to th forum  :twisted:
;)
haha i know that's what i feel like doing ! to my defence , i only had a glace or 2 and it was only the back of his head that i saw ! Until people told me it was JW .. i was like daaammmnnn !
MatthewR1990

Think we are missing a HUGE point here, did John Wardley and his family have hi-vis jackets and a hard hat on?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
dazza4783

jbuckton18 wrote:
TheSmiler1998 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote: EDIT: Sorry just found out that it was actually John Wardley and family :) .. Im ashamed that i didnt recognise him!
Leave and never return to th forum  :twisted:
;)
haha i know that's what i feel like doing ! to my defence , i only had a glace or 2 and it was only the back of his head that i saw ! Until people told me it was JW .. i was like daaammmnnn !
Wonder if they are there to ride it or just for a behind the scenes tour. Presumably John has already ridden it but his family may not have, unless they were there for the press event. If they ride then it is possible that they will soft open it to the public later today. With full opening tomorrow. I would expect John to be there for when the ride opens so it is looking promising.