The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Andzdrew

I'm not ranting at all, I find it beautifully ironic that the piece they had to chop a roof for now doesn't fit, that's all I've been saying all along. Please don't mention fins again, this is a construction topic after all.
Owen

andzdrew wrote: I'm not ranting at all, I find it beautifully ironic that the piece they had to chop a roof for now doesn't fit, that's all I've been saying all along. Please don't mention fins again, this is a construction topic after all.
Says the one who started the 11 page long fin speculation topic  :lol:

Anyway back on topic I think gerst would have planned for the not fitting thing as it happens on a fair few on the coasters  ;)
MatthewR1990

andzdrew wrote: I'm not ranting at all, I find it beautifully ironic that the piece they had to chop a roof for now doesn't fit, that's all I've been saying all along. Please don't mention fins again, this is a construction topic after all.
The toilet supports fit perfectly with the rest of the ride. it is the toilets that are in the wrong place as they were measured incorrectly, you have to imagine this as a whole building project! You have to imagine that thes builders had built the toilets as well. the toilets arnt were the plans say they are. As the surveyors got it wrong. The only thing wrong with any of this site is the toilets. Not the track. besides The supports for these two pieces are separate to the toilet supports. The supports for this are the other side of the lift hill (oblivion side). There are actually 2 other supports with track on between this segment of track and the toilet block supports. If the toilet block supports were out, these other two supports would not of fitted either. It's incredibly difficult to make my point.

(I said supports a lot in this post ... Supports)
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Codmaster

Thrillmad wrote:

Anyway back on topic I think gerst would have planned for it as it happens on a fair few on the coasters  ;)
To be fair, by the time it ended, and including the many deleted pages it was more like a 25 page rant of the "F" word....

As I've said before, I really don't think this is an issue in the slightest, there is always going to be difficulty when joining two pieces of track together with a middle piece, that's exactly why they haven't concreted yet  ;)

We'll get an update tomorrow saying that it's sorted.

Back to relevant construction, it's nice to see the sparsely supported, yet chunky lift hill, it's looking really good emerging out of that hole, rather mysteriously!

It brings me back to think what exactly were TT hiding behind the blue box in those very first aerial's???
MatthewR1990

Codmaster wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:

Anyway back on topic I think gerst would have planned for it as it happens on a fair few on the coasters  ;)
To be fair, by the time it ended, and including the many deleted pages it was more like a 25 page rant of the "F" word....

As I've said before, I really don't think this is an issue in the slightest, there is always going to be difficulty when joining two pieces of track together with a middle piece, that's exactly why they haven't concreted yet  ;)

We'll get an update tomorrow saying that it's sorted.

Back to relevant construction, it's nice to see the sparsely supported, yet chunky lift hill, it's looking really good emerging out of that hole, rather mysteriously!

It brings me back to think what exactly were TT hiding in those very first aerial's.
An indoor barrel roll, as Alton didn't want other parks or roller-coaster manufacturers knowing they were going for the inversion record.
Andzdrew

Yes they do have a tolerance to allow for such things, but I don't think they planned all along to chop the toilets, and Matt I do understand but people may miscronstue your idea that it's the toilet blocks fault for being in the wrong place, even though it's been there for years ;)

Let us not mention any fins on the special non vertical lift that's thicker than needs be...
Last edited by Andzdrew on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codmaster

An indoor barrel roll, as Alton didn't want other parks or roller-coaster manufacturers knowing they were going for the inversion record.
Really? Wow. I'm kind of underwhelmed with that news. Are you sure?
Capt.Barnacles

Honestly, I think they might have the indoor Flasher installed. And that they had it installed way back then. Maybe if it was visible then they were hiding it. I mean that's obviously not the world's first but it might have been what they were hiding.
Andzdrew

Whatever they were hiding, it's there for all to see in the game, because as soon as the game was released they didn't have to censor anymore
Sam198

It is literally just the barrel roll.

We were asked to cover it by the park, so we did. It's not rocket science...
MatthewR1990

andzdrew wrote: Yes they do have a tolerance to allow for such things, but I don't think they planned all alone to chop the toilets, and Matt I do understand but people may miscronstue your idea that it's the toilet blocks fault for being in the wrong place, even though it's been there for years ;)

Let us not mention any fins on the special non vertical lift that's thicker than needs be...
Oh of course it's not the toilets fault lol but the toilet IS the problem. Lol
Codmaster wrote:

Really? Wow. I'm kind of underwhelmed with that news. Are you sure?
Im pretty sure yes. Could be proven wrong though. I believe it's partly to do with a Japanese coaster of some sort being built with 11 inversions to go for the record (which would of been a record if not for the Smiler). And if Alton revealed they were making a 14 inversion coaster then these guys would be disappointed their not getting their record, they could then theoretically scrap or alter their project to make it have more inversions. Which Alton obviously doesn't want as their record would then be rendered mute. I'm not overly sure but that's the information I've picked up over time. It's also to do with surprise as well. They might not of wanted people to know its there for the surprise when you ride it yourself. But then again they added it to the game lol... So yeh I'm pretty sure it was inversion record reason.
A

Buschgardensfan wrote: Honestly, I think they might have the indoor Flasher installed. And that they had it installed way back then. Maybe if it was visible then they were hiding it. I mean that's obviously not the world's first but it might have been what they were hiding.

You think alton would go to all that effort of hiding a few light bulbs?
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Andzdrew

Had construction gone as planned and the only way we got photos was from the air because the park wasn't open, id like to bet there would have been a request put in to hide ccertain parts of the lift hills also
MatthewR1990

A wrote:
Buschgardensfan wrote: Honestly, I think they might have the indoor Flasher installed. And that they had it installed way back then. Maybe if it was visible then they were hiding it. I mean that's obviously not the world's first but it might have been what they were hiding.

You think alton would go to all that effort of hiding a few light bulbs?
Lmao if it is an indoor flasher then they will just be a set of basic strobe lights and would just be screwed and wired into the walls of the station in about 5 minutes lmao.
Codmaster

I get that it's not rocket science  :roll:

It's just moderately surprising to me is all, I must've missed that TT news bulletin where you guys announced that it was just an indoor barrel roll.

In a way I understand why towers did it, as it generated speculation, which generated interest, and therefore generated a whole lot of people thinking about the ride. Free marketing!

Just a real shame that its nothing more  :cry:
A

andzdrew wrote: Had construction gone as planned and the only way we got photos was from the air because the park wasn't open, id like to bet there would have been a request put in to hide ccertain parts of the lift hills also
I know it's a bit off topic but how does TT even get ahold of a helicopter anyway? :)
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
MatthewR1990

A wrote:
andzdrew wrote: Had construction gone as planned and the only way we got photos was from the air because the park wasn't open, id like to bet there would have been a request put in to hide ccertain parts of the lift hills also
I know it's a bit off topic but how does TT even get ahold of a helicopter anyway? :)
Hijacked it from a coke dealing monkey named jasper. Also it's a plane not a helicopter :)
TheSmiler1998

Honestly Matt you need to say more things that I disagree with!  :D
There is nowhere for a hidden element to be nor is there anything hiding in station!
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Sam198

What Matt said... ;)

Anyway, moving on please. :)
RollercoasterGEEK100

So, does anyone thing they will be able to manipulate the track that didn't fit?

Credit to NemesisRider