The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Instant Mix

danny.g97 wrote: Been on the phone to towers and they say that they are going to make a big announcement for the opening a day in advance. He said there won't be any suprise openings or soft openings just the main event :)
There's no point telling the GP about a soft opening as it will be leaked and EVERYONE will arrive, eliminating the point of a soft opening
bbooth2

danny.g97 wrote: What's the port cabin?
think he meant porta - cabin which is a portable cabin
Stfcsteve

Was ment to say Portacabin
Wise men say.........
Forza_Dan24

Stfcsteve wrote:
Was ment to say Portacabin
Was that the Gerst office or something?
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
Hitch

Have alton towers contacted towerstimes and told them to change the wording of that article or something?
filters

James97 wrote: Have alton towers contacted towerstimes and told them to change the wording of that article or something?
Yes they told them to change the words of the article.
Kenzie2012

filters wrote:
James97 wrote: Have alton towers contacted towerstimes and told them to change the wording of that article or something?

Yes they told them to change the words of the article.

Until a mod or TT staff member confirms that Alton Towers HAVE DONE NO SUCH THING.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Wed May 29, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
J_Baggie

Stfcsteve wrote: Sat on the fried chicken and just seen they have just removed the porta-cabin from the back off the smiler, also I know it's not reliable info but spoke to a AT worker and he said possibly Friday and they had issues with the drainage to which caused the issues on the celb night
just seen a porta-cabin on the back of a truck go past the road next to the spinball queue
West Brom til I die!
JamieH93

Really hope its open for when i go for 3 days in mid june, the advert makes me so exited :D!!!
hope the weather holds up too
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Roodlesnouter

Well guys the window of opportunity has closed for me, Im off on my Jollies. I am gutted not to have ridden The Smiler but now I look forward to riding Shambala, Dragon  Khan and Furious Baco.

I will be back on the 9th and at AT on the 10th my fingers are crossed that it is open by then, if you guys get to ride before then I hope you enjoy it.

This more or less brings the construction period to a close for me  (I hope) and I thank you all for following but remember guys and gals, as upset that we all are about what has happened we are all coaster fans at heart, so don't blame each other. Enjoy the coaster, should it open, and I will see you all when I get back.

Roodles....
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bbooth2

Enjoy the coaster, should it open, and I will see you all when I get back.

Roodles....
[/quote]

thanks for the updates roodles. very envious of your trip to portaventura.
Chaz

Roodlesnouter wrote: Well guys the window of opportunity has closed for me, Im off on my Jollies.
Well, Sir, thank you for your updates the last couple of months. Without you we wouldn't have seen half the stuff we did and in such high quality.

Now, go...run....run to Portaventura and experience the most pain known to man on Baco (although I love it). And Shambala, now that is an amazing experience.

I hope The Smiler's door await you on your return.

For now, brother, we bid you farewell :P
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Evostance

Roodlesnouter wrote: Well guys the window of opportunity has closed for me, Im off on my Jollies. I am gutted not to have ridden The Smiler but now I look forward to riding Shambala, Dragon  Khan and Furious Baco.

I will be back on the 9th and at AT on the 10th my fingers are crossed that it is open by then, if you guys get to ride before then I hope you enjoy it.

This more or less brings the construction period to a close for me  (I hope) and I thank you all for following but remember guys and gals, as upset that we all are about what has happened we are all coaster fans at heart, so don't blame each other. Enjoy the coaster, should it open, and I will see you all when I get back.

Roodles....
That damn Furious Baco, it ruined my girlfriends love of rides and she's now terrified of them.  Used to love them before, went on everything, now won't even go on Air!
J_Baggie

LED screen testing

New fences put up

Also most, if not all, of the mesh has finished being painted black. Not far from opening hopefully!
Last edited by J_Baggie on Wed May 29, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Brom til I die!
Danny

Have a great time roodles, you've been amazing over the past couple of months
JAMMYD777

It really does look complete now. Also, with may ending on Friday, they really need to get it open.
SW7:
AdamFTM

I'm going for the weekend in June and also going for the weekend in October for scarefest, and I can't wait to ride this beast, great photos by the way  :D
Xbox Gamertag: SimmDog xD
sixstringhotshot88

I really hope they sort out these "teething issues" pretty soon.
Last edited by sixstringhotshot88 on Wed May 29, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbuckton18

sixstringhotshot88 wrote: I really hope they sort out these "teething issues" pretty soon.
I doubt there was actually any teething problems at all. I think simply it was not fully complete yet ( as you can see from the queue lines and painting etc) teething problems were a pretty poor excuse lol Anyway , i think it will be open Friday.
Last edited by jbuckton18 on Wed May 29, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
sixstringhotshot88

jbuckton18 wrote:
sixstringhotshot88 wrote: Baco looks amazing.

back on topic tho, I really hope they sort out these "teething issues" pretty soon.

I doubt there was actually any teething problems at all. I think simply it was not fully complete yet ( as you can see from the queue lines and painting etc) teething problems were a pretty poor excuse lol Anyway , i think it will be open Friday.

Lets hope so. I plan on visiting soon. 2 new rides for me this year as I didn't get the chance to get on park last year.
Last edited by sixstringhotshot88 on Wed May 29, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.