The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Morgano

The track type and footers are exported from nolimits so will not represent the actual footer positions like for like.

The construction is following the plan still btw... hopefully this will help a few people (including myself). I had a close and drew this, it works out good.

Click here for full size: http://i.imgur.com/P8FAF.jpg
Ben-TT

I was just about to post, but you beat me to it...

Evostance, I think if you look long enough, and try to line the footers up with the plans for the supports, they do line up.

It's getting exciting anyway. I'm going next week, and can't wait to actually see this ominous 'hole'...
Alex

Sorry for sounding like a novice, where is the underground section going?
Sam198

Ready_23 wrote: Sorry for sounding like a novice, where is the underground section going?
The orange highlighted section in Morgano's picture is directly underneath the station/shop, hope this helps :)
Last edited by Sam198 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgano

Ready_23 wrote: Sorry for sounding like a novice, where is the underground section going?
The orange section on my image is the underground section as its directly below the shop. The rest of the ride is either trenched below ground level or above it.
Last edited by Morgano on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPAJ13

Morgano wrote: The track type and footers are exported from nolimits so will not represent the actual footer positions like for like.

The construction is following the plan still btw... hopefully this will help a few people (including myself). I had a close and drew this, it works out good.

Click here for full size: http://i.imgur.com/P8FAF.jpg
Love the theory, doubt it though. On the plans, it shows and easy access points with only a slight dip into the entrance plaza for wheelchair accessibility where the double interlinked inversion is. From the view of the image and comparing the size of the people in the ground, that is nowhere near a slight dip into an entrance plaza for wheelchair accessibility.  Could this be an underground section which isn't on the plans which have been published or infrastructure for the indoor/shop section/station area?
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Boz

I think Morgano's diagram is spot on (you beat me too it BTW).
the reason the landscaping isn't accurate to whats on the plans, is because the proposed landscaping either wasn't ready, or the details were omitted. I found this out when i was trying to create my model (viewable via the link i my sig), there is a huge lack of landscaping detail on these plans.
If the elevation height was left as is, then people would be walking directly into the cobra roll/batwing elements.
On my model I have had to sink the land below the elements by at least 2.5 meters to make it work with the proposed track layout,
Marcus

This is great, im really getting excited now! Will the track be put up when the park is closed?
Evostance

Boz wrote: I think Morgano's diagram is spot on (you beat me too it BTW).
the reason the landscaping isn't accurate to whats on the plans, is because the proposed landscaping either wasn't ready, or the details were omitted. I found this out when i was trying to create my model (viewable via the link i my sig), there is a huge lack of landscaping detail on these plans.
If the elevation height was left as is, then people would be walking directly into the cobra roll/batwing elements.
On my model I have had to sink the land below the elements by at least 2.5 meters to make it work with the proposed track layout,
If you look at the size of the concrete wall, thats got to be about what, 7-8 meters high?  Then if you look at the plans, the height of the roll is 17m from ground level, leaving a speculated area of 2 meters in the trench.  You've got about 5 meters unaccounted for..
Instant Mix

Im on park, will take pictures if somebody informs me of where the track is kept
tharrison4815

Hi I know we've already got photos but I have registered on my phone just to share these so I may as well.

-Sent from the Sonic Spinball queue line
tharrison4815

Just to let you guys know this is just after the smiley face traffic light if you go straight on instead of left when entering the park.
Instant Mix

Can't see anything from the spinball queue
Kenzie2012

Instant Mix wrote: Can't see anything from the spinball queue
Thats becauee the track is being stored up near the carparks, not near Spinball.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
spin_doctor

I think the poster meant, he/she was queing for Sonic as he/she uploaded the pictures.
tharrison4815

spin_doctor wrote: I think the poster meant, he/she was queing for Sonic as he/she uploaded the pictures.
Correct :)
craigmoss19

Hopefully we'll see the track being put into place very soon :)
MatthewR1990

So any of you smart people able to figure out what part of the track this is?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
daboywunda

Matthewr1990 wrote: So any of you smart people able to figure out what part of the track this is?
If I had to take a wild stab in the dark, based on the curvature (and the assumption that it is delivered in the same order as Saw), I'd say the bottom of the vertical drop.

I'm usually wrong though
Chris-TT

Guys and Girls, as I'm sure you are fully aware we will be bringing you full coverage of SW7 over the closed season.

Can you guess one of the ways? I know it’s quite a puzzler!

We have commissioned several companies to take photos from an angle not seen before in UK theme park construction. Exciting times!

Myself or other team members will of course be taking lessons on many of these photographic opportunities:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chris-TT on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.