The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
N3m3s1s

In regards to the height limit, I've phoned Alton and they said that it will probably have a 6 foot 7 height limit.
george2v

Anybody else got that rather catchy theme in their head after watching the POV? ;)
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Richardio123 wrote:
willt2405 wrote: does anyone know John Wardley's email???
johnrwardley@gmail.com :)
Ask him if there is a SE not what is it ( he can't tell you that ) but just ask if there is one as he can and will tell you that and tell him what an amazing leap and he is and that I aspire to be him haha if it wasn't for my dam dyspraxia :D
Anyway can't wait too see his interview! Would love to see him In person!

Just thought I would say love all the editions on the floor so many things to distract / look amazing whole riding :D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Of all the things to say why have they written 'Ha Ha Ha' inside before the first lift hill? I was expecting something like Start Process or Begin Conversion/Correction! I can only assume it's meant to be laughter...
Kirsty25

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: One I still believe there is a SE becuase the said themselves there is a SE, the wont and CAN'T lie ( a little thing called the law... ;) ) and it did skip for a few secs! The lights were on and it still looks unconstructed in the indoor section, and it's JW final coaster he was settel for amazing he will settel for SEJJSKKALEKSK GRAEAHAJA THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT AMAZING! ;D anyway I think there is more too see! Well, I hope and I'm not I will pay for it myself and have them put it in haha ;)
Alton Towers confirmed that their claim of a second hidden element was a typing error and it was in fact secret hidden element.
kelly.carter.79230

Phild94 wrote:
mixer114 wrote:
mixer114 wrote: :D you beat me to it  :D  realy good POV but there are still some secrets blanked out so we are still in for some suprises
thats not the link i saw here is the central tv POV shows you a lot more of inside the station and the train starts from inside the station
Spoiler
ULTRA MEGA HUGE SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Not that i'm complaining .. just trying to warn others :)

except the video is inverted horizontally XD

EDIT: Pit Theming :D
can I just point out the video on the itv website has bin flipped if you look the first lift the vertical lift on the ride is on the left and when you go up the vertical lift you the go down towards the right not left ha as if no one said anything about that
gabbygrace

But am I right in thinking that we can't dismiss the indoor section just yet as it CLEARLY isn't finished. I mean are the letter just before the exit even words?

Edit: see they say "ha ha ha" which doesnt match with the game.....being trolled?
Phild94

James97 wrote: The Smiler POV Corrected, It will be available in 720p at some point but youtube is still processing it,
Much better :) theres the smiler we all know and stalk every night like some creepy rollercoaster psycho XD

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
01hmyoung

i hope it doesn't or that will be 2 rides i cant ride at alton towers  :(
Richardio123

kelly.carter.79230 wrote: can I just point out the video on the itv website has bin flipped if you look the first lift the vertical lift on the ride is on the left and when you go up the vertical lift you the go down towards the right not left ha as if no one said anything about that
We did ;)
Signature Pending.. ;D
truckaddict

I hope to dear god that there is a SE! I'd die if there wasn't, seen the pov and such but makes it still a little bit of a disappoiment :(

On other note love the turf, makes it friendly, makes you wanna smile

Bi and proud
Phild94

kelly.carter.79230 wrote:
can I just point out the video on the itv website has bin flipped if you look the first lift the vertical lift on the ride is on the left and when you go up the vertical lift you the go down towards the right not left ha as if no one said anything about that
I did about 2 posts below the video :) and someone has just corrected it and put a post about 5 above yours :) us enthusiasts dont miss things like that :)

EDIT: beaten to it :)

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Kirsty25 wrote:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: One I still believe there is a SE becuase the said themselves there is a SE, the wont and CAN'T lie ( a little thing called the law... ;) ) and it did skip for a few secs! The lights were on and it still looks unconstructed in the indoor section, and it's JW final coaster he was settel for amazing he will settel for SEJJSKKALEKSK GRAEAHAJA THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT AMAZING! ;D anyway I think there is more too see! Well, I hope and I'm not I will pay for it myself and have them put it in haha ;)
Alton Towers confirmed that their claim of a second hidden element was a typing error and it was in fact secret hidden element.
What was the SE,
Im soo sad that there might not be one! Still a fab coaster but it does not have that special Alton touch to it :-(
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
mixer114

Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote: The Smiler POV Corrected, It will be available in 720p at some point but youtube is still processing it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZM0-jEUUiE
Much better :) theres the smiler we all know and stalk every night like some creepy rollercoaster psycho XD
thnx for that
Evostance

James97 wrote: The Smiler POV Corrected, It will be available in 720p at some point but youtube is still processing it,
Have just noticed that now the writing is the wrong way around  :lol:  That doesn't seem to make sense, unless the camera was recording in mirror mode (but then why is the writing the right way around)

This ride is messing with my mind and im no where near it!
JayTricky

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote:
What was the SE,
Im soo sad that there might not be one! Still a fab coaster but it does not have that special Alton touch to it :-(
Aw common lad you're kidding right? Nemesis does not have a cheap gimmick and its one of the greatest coasters in the world. When will people realise IT DOES NOT NEED A SECRET ELEMENT TO MAKE IT GREAT. Think TH13TEEN...

It has Altons touch all over it. Look at the Marmaliser! The Marketing!
lucy2244

I don't really think we can completely rule out a SE
Just because we've seen this it doesn't suddenly rule out everything that has happened before to persuade us that there is infact a SE. Even if it's just effects, I still believe there will be one, John wardley said it himself. Every coaster with the 'sw' code name has had some sort of secret weapon and I don't believe this will break the trend, I just think it'll twist it and the secret element will be something other than track. Obliviously I don't know this, just a guess :D
Stern John

The ride itself looks immense but I really hope that first section gets a bit of work before next week, looks like a wet maintenance shed at the mo!
JayTricky

lucy2244 wrote: I don't really think we can completely rule out a SE
Just because we've seen this it doesn't suddenly rule out everything that has happened before to persuade us that there is infact a SE. Even if it's just effects, I still believe there will be one, John wardley said it himself. Every coaster with the 'sw' code name has had some sort of secret weapon and I don't believe this will break the trend, I just think it'll twist it and the secret element will be something other than track. Obliviously I don't know this, just a guess :D
Smilers secret weapon is the fact it has 14 inversions. The most of any roller coaster in the whole world. It's as simple as that.
Evostance

JayTricky wrote:
lucy2244 wrote: I don't really think we can completely rule out a SE
Smilers secret weapon is the fact it has 14 inversions. The most of any roller coaster in the whole world. It's as simple as that.
Until next year when someone makes a 15 inversions coaster and the smiler becomes another Eurofighter?  That just doesn't seem like Alton's style.
Perhaps that's all they're going for