The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Kirsty25

foleyshikari wrote: I'm convinced there is still a secret element, watch the full POV video, it stops about 5 yards away from the lift hill and shows an overview of the ride, then when it returns, it is at the foot of it. Something happens there. Why would they not show it? And Wardley said himself that there is an element that will not be revealed until you ride it yourself.
Possible but is it not possible that its edited because it is where you would watch an onride video (screens are over the track) and the video element is not yet working.

However, that POV is truly brilliant - so many near misses!
D-Man

Jackk156 wrote: As long as they theme that tunnel ill be happy, because it just looks like your inverting through a tin shed at the minute
The whole indoor section will be dark so I don't think you will see much :)
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
willt2405

but there is still a secret element!!! but it's just not indoors! any way does any one know John Ward's email?
dazza4783

kierannewcombe wrote: anyone else feel a bit annoyed that there is no
Spoiler
secret element
No, I would have been surprised if there was one given what we have seen so far.
Spoiler
White walls inside i think pretty much confirms 3D mapping effects inside, plus possibly in the tunnel leading to the lift.
Richardio123

You can also hear the onride music before the first lift hill :)

also there isn't a trick track in the section before the lift hill !
Signature Pending.. ;D
Phild94

Kirsty25 wrote:
foleyshikari wrote: I'm convinced there is still a secret element, watch the full POV video, it stops about 5 yards away from the lift hill and shows an overview of the ride, then when it returns, it is at the foot of it. Something happens there. Why would they not show it? And Wardley said himself that there is an element that will not be revealed until you ride it yourself.
Possible but is it not possible that its edited because it is where you would watch an onride video (screens are over the track) and the video element is not yet working.

I have to say .... was sat here and as it flew past the flasher for the first time i genuinely thought i was going to have to fork out £500 for a new laptop .... it was so close it's unreal  :shock:

They are going to have to be SO strict with the height limit on this it's going to be unreal

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
willt2405

does anyone know John Wardley's email???
foleyshikari

Kirsty25 wrote:

I'll be honest even if there isn't a secret element, are we all really bothered? Has anyone SEEN this thing? It's huge! And it's a world record holder! Just look at it and look forward to riding, it's going to be amazing!

And yeah, it's going to feel like you're going like 100mph through some of those inversions, and especially over those airtime hills!  :D
Richardio123

willt2405 wrote: does anyone know John Wardley's email???
johnrwardley@gmail.com :)
Signature Pending.. ;D
The Earl

Spoiler
secret element
Nope, i've had it worked out for a while, but everyone was adamant there was something 'secret'. I'am more than happy  :D
Instant Mix

Looks like those ~fabulous~ rainbow stairs are staying in  :(
Richardio123

Instant Mix wrote: Looks like those ~fabulous~ rainbow stairs are staying in  :(
Oh yeah. Good eye !
Signature Pending.. ;D
Evil Lewis

Spoiler
secret element
Nope! Actually quite relieved. No back pokers, leg whips or other 4d nonsense. Just a world beating coaster with an incredible layout and a unique theme.
Evil
undeadarmy

In response to that video of the full pov, apart from the fact none of the marmaliser effects are on... the video cuts out before the 2nd lift hill... defo think something will happen there.
Evostance

Also note, the train shown in the station is different to the one on the track.
a) No goPro on the one in the station
b) Pretty sure that's a woman screaming on the first loop
A

mixer114 wrote: thats not the link i saw here is the central tv POV shows you a lot more of inside the station and the train starts from inside the station

This is a full POV from the beginning, do not click the spoiler unless you wish to view it. Thanks
Spoiler
Edited by kirsty25 - put a spoiler warning in for the spoiler text
Ok, I'll admit there is no washing machine - Yes I'm wrong but thank god for that! :D
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

One I still believe there is a SE becuase the said themselves there is a SE, the wont and CAN'T lie ( a little thing called the law... ;) ) and it did skip for a few secs! The lights were on and it still looks unconstructed in the indoor section, and it's JW final coaster he was settel for amazing he will settel for SEJJSKKALEKSK GRAEAHAJA THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT AMAZING! ;D anyway I think there is more too see! Well, I hope and I'm not I will pay for it myself and have them put it in haha ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Evostance

I hope the one shown on TV is better quality than this.  Looks like it was filmed on a 10 year old mobile phone, not a GoPro!!
Hitch

The Smiler POV Corrected, It will be available in 720p at some point but youtube is still processing it,
Richardio123

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: One I still believe there is a SE becuase the said themselves there is a SE, the wont and CAN'T lie ( a little thing called the law... ;) ) and it did skip for a few secs! The lights were on and it still looks unconstructed in the indoor section, and it's JW final coaster he was settel for amazing he will settel for SEJJSKKALEKSK GRAEAHAJA THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT AMAZING! ;D anyway I think there is more too see! Well, I hope and I'm not I will pay for it myself and have them put it in haha ;)
Maybe, but there is no trick track clearly see its connected :) but maybe the SE is this 3D malarky
Last edited by Richardio123 on Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Pending.. ;D