The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.

There is something else! Thank you for that, revision has now been made that little bit easier  :woo:
EDIT: Can you tell it's been a long day?  :bored:
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 12, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accidental whovian, sorry
Hitch

Instant Mix wrote:
James97 wrote:
N3m3s1s wrote: Why are bubbles so strongly incorporated in the giggler media?!?!
I think its just because the tickler is a thing normally used to clean cars, thats the best reason I can some up with.
he's talking about the giggler, not the tickler, bro.
Im sure that didn't mention giggler when I read it before.
mixer114

didnt see any testing today may have something to do with the powercut as all the rides went down
smilingdude123

I cant wait to go on the smiler
going on June 2nd
:) :) :) :) :)
T1M5 T0 G5T MARM1L135D
TheSmiler1998

I'm going for a weekend in july for a birthday treat!
I'll be up at the crack of dawn to be in smiler queue line!
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Jack

smilingdude123 wrote: I cant wait to go on the smiler
going on June 2nd
:) :) :) :) :)
And me the day after :moj
bryanycroft

I'm going 24th may :D probably gonna be packed
getothing

SwEDEN wrote:
temleh wrote:
GoldWolf wrote: Where did you hear this? Is there a press release I've missed?  :)
See the marketing topic. ^
So, SAW:The Ride has more G's.... Interesting... :-s
No ,but 4,5 gs on the second lift drop .I think 5gs on the cobra roll .
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
SwEDEN

getothing wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
temleh wrote: See the marketing topic. ^
So, SAW:The Ride has more G's.... Interesting... :-s
No ,but 4,5 gs on the second lift drop .I think 5gs on the cobra roll .
Why would a ride not promote there G count at the maximum level it's released? If the PR article said this thing was 4.5G it will be 4.5G at the point within the circuit where the maximum number of G is reached, which as you suggest will probably be during an inversion of some sort. Saw is 4.8Gs, so I rest my case.
kierannewcombe

I'm going on the 24th! How long can I be expecting to queue for?

Credit to Lewis97
TheSmiler1998

willt2405 wrote:
bryanycroft wrote: I'm going 24th may :D probably gonna be packed
PROBABLY?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?! DEFINETLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll be so packed in the queue line you'll struggle to breath! You will probably spend the whole day queuing for Herr Smiler
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
martin.taylor.946

danny.g97 wrote:
martin.taylor.946 wrote: After reading ever page of this topic during construction, nobody appears to have questionned why in the game the track goes around the Marmaliser's "Tickler" leg - yet not underneath, as in reality...

Sorry to bring this point up so late in the day, so-to-speak; yet I was playing the game again earlier on (whilst watching the F1 in the background) and just had to ask this time around, months after originally wanting to!

P.S. I find this part of the game frustraing, too; the flow is just hindered at this section! :?
This is as you go under the leg to enter the dive loop, which you can't upgrade on the game yet, so it's strongly believed that the dive loops will be one of the top secret upgrades...
Thank you for clearing this up. :eyebrow:
SwEDEN

Hello people! May I please point your attention to an update provided by  TST showing what was happening on site today!

Pictures can be found here

Thank you to TST  member 'Stretchy'

Finally, the circular panels that are installed at the bottom of each leg of the marmaliser look a lot like the circular panels that can be found at the entrance gate to the ride.... This probably means that the entrance is classed as some form of 'experience' and will most likely feature some form of strobe and gas, if not both!
Last edited by SwEDEN on Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wagger20

Notice how the split yellow circles on the mathematical marmaliser equations match the yellow circles in the entrance box.
SwEDEN

wagger20 wrote: Notice how the split yellow circles on the mathematical marmaliser equations match the yellow circles in the entrance box.
WOW! I wish someone had said that in the post above you...... Oh wait..... ;)
Finally, the circular panels that are installed at the bottom of each leg of the marmaliser look a lot like the circular panels that can be found at the entrance gate to the ride.... This probably means that the entrance is classed as some form of 'experience' and will most likely feature some form of strobe and gas, if not both!
Last edited by SwEDEN on Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran141

I am also going on may 24th and was hoping it wasn't going to be busy I thought very wrong it's going to be packed!!!
AniaPotter

Going on 24th May as well, with my school :) this was planned months ago so I'm extremely happy with the opening date!
Liam-AltonTowers

Basically what happened on site today:

Been at the resort today, good day apart from a lot of rain later on in the day. Kept popping back to the X-Sector to ride Oblivion but also check out The Smiler site, basically what I saw going on today was; the entrance been worked on, paving taking place, general ground works and wiring for the entrance. What I didn't see was The Smiler train move at all, it was sat on the break run track all day I think with the test dummies on board. What I can say though is The Smiler is so much bigger in real life compared to the photos, the track and the sheer size of it is just incredible. Definitely a coaster worth queuing for! The drops and lift hills look most impressive and the sea serpent roll looks good. This ride is for sure going to make the X-Sector like ten times better. Anyway construction seems to speeding up now, not long at all before this thing opens to the public, can't wait.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
clayj

lewis97 wrote: Image
Looks more like piping then cabling to be honest & i deal with most types of cable 5 days a week & its a new one too me lol Especially the terminal on the end...
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Hmv

clayj wrote:
lewis97 wrote: Image
Looks more like piping then cabling to be honest & i deal with most types of cable 5 days a week & its a new one too me lol Especially the terminal on the end...
That connecter looks very similar to the ones used for compressed air!! I really hope it's for something like air or mist, the ride experience will really start from the entrance then!! :)