The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Boz

SamJ wrote: Image
The queueline shop, as it's yet to be removed, maybe there going to reuse it.
that was my thought, that's why I'm asking for piccies of it so it can be modelled
CoasterCrazyChris

OMG...that shop is seriously cool.

And yet instead of reusing it, they are going to tear it down and replace it with a square tin shed.
Rocket

Another one for you to use. Hope this helps
CoasterCrazyChris

I the first pic I though that corruded metal was part of it, but in that pic it looks like something propped up against the side.

After a good scrub an a lick of paint here and there it would be as good as new.

:)
The Psychoaster

Just done a quick Photoshop job with stretchy and Boz's images: here's the original image:

...here's the full overlay:

...and here is sort of half opacity so you can see the current site at the same time:

nemesismad

https://twitter.com/#!/Altontowersdan live updates with photos all day tomorrow as iam up at the resort, it's a little off topic but i thought you would be intrested in seeing how the site is coming along  :D
Javs

Nice photoshop work there Psychoaster!  Will reserve judgement until I see the actual structure, but I think it will look pretty good!  Just hoping the facade on the station has been altered slightly to be more in keeping with X-Sector! 
spark

I hope they keep that Black hole snack outlet, its themed so well
Craig

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get a picture but the black hole's kiosk/shop was being lifted by forklift today. No idea where to as I wasn't there for a full day but it was on the move!

A few bits and pieces going on with the site itself at the moment, the odd bit of digging, although it's difficult to see I think this is old black hole/tent foundations coming out.
Nightfall

Well if it's being lifted rather than demolished that sounds like a good thing. Even if they don't use it for SW7 (which I hope they do) I suppose Oblivion's been in need of a cash in shop for some time, although where they'd put it due to the queue not normally extend to the lower levels I'm not sure.
[align=center]Image[/align]
spark

Let's start a petition to save it lol
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Boz wrote:
SamJ wrote: Image
The queueline shop, as it's yet to be removed, maybe there going to reuse it.
that was my thought, that's why I'm asking for piccies of it so it can be modelled
A bit off topic, but anyone know what that image is concealed inside the shop?

It could look good as a themeing object in X-Sector with a new lick of paint.

^ I'd happily sign it.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Rocket

There used to be a similar queueline shop in the blivvy queue.
It was where the big circle of concrete is now (when it operated as sort of 2 different queues for the 2 shuttles)
This one could be moved back to blivvy or used for SW7 (with a clean or lick of paint).
Mi-Nigle

I'd be surprised if they attempt to re-use that hut. It may be a lovely piece of X-Sector theming but it looks to me way beyond a lick of paint. It would more or less take a complete rebuild to get it to a condition worthy of selling food. I'll bet there's a lot of rotting wood in there much like the "T-5 minutes" building in the Oblivion queue line.

On a slightly unrelated note, if I had to pick one object to base the theme of SW7 on, it would be this hut I think.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
.Will

Mi-Nigle wrote: I'd be surprised if they attempt to re-use that hut. It may be a lovely piece of X-Sector theming but it looks to me way beyond a lick of paint. It would more or less take a complete rebuild to get it to a condition worthy of selling food. I'll bet there's a lot of rotting wood in there much like the "T-5 minutes" building in the Oblivion queue line.

On a slightly unrelated note, if I had to pick one object to base the theme of SW7 on, it would be this hut I think.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
To be fair it is just cosmetic and with the right amount of bleech could be cleaned up into a shop where you might consider buying food, all the food sold at these vendors is wrapped and comes shipped in boxes so the chance of contamination is small.

I do think it's a possibility that they could reuse it, it would be a neat little throwback to the Blackhole.
PeteB

SamJ wrote: There used to be a similar queueline shop in the blivvy queue.
It was where the big circle of concrete is now (when it operated as sort of 2 different queues for the 2 shuttles)
This one could be moved back to blivvy or used for SW7 (with a clean or lick of paint).
I don't ever recall a shop in the oblivion queue? All I can remember is the vending machines in the tunnel?  :?
mrbrightside

While I never visited when it was there, many many people have said there was one in the large circular area after you go through the tunnel for the first time.

It was removed though once queues stopped reaching there on a regular basis. At least that's what I've been led to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
CoasterCrazyChris

PeteB wrote:
I don't ever recall a shop in the oblivion queue? All I can remember is the vending machines in the tunnel?  :?
Yep, it was identical to the one in Black Hole's queue.

It was located just after the first tunnel, where the queue opens out into that round bit.

It was gone after just a few seasons. Removing it was a criminal thing to do, even if the shop wasn't open it was still geat theming.

PeteB

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
PeteB wrote:
Yep, it was identical to the one in Black Hole's queue.

It was located just after the first tunnel, where the queue opens out into that round bit.

It was gone after just a few seasons. Removing it was a criminal thing to do, even if the shop wasn't open it was still geat theming.

Oh well curse them for removing it! If somebody showed me a picture I'd probably remember it.

I cursed them for removing the shop from The Flume too!

...oh and the Rapids shop has gone!  :evil:
[Archive]

If somebody showed me a picture I'd probably remember it.
Try looking at the previous page of this topic, it is probably the exact same shop, just moved. It was certainly identical to that Black Hole one, according to concept art.

It is likely that they removed it to free up the wasted space; the path gets much narrower as it passes the circular bulge where the shop used to stand. It was well-themed and would have suited the queue very well, but it also had lollipop symbols and product logos on it.
Thank you! At last the fence has been explained! It all makes sense now.
Last edited by [Archive] on Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.