The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
CrazyTowers

Yeah I guess your right.  8)
It's been a while.
Rollercoasters4Life

Yeah I noticed yesterday that they were clearing trees at the point just past the Hospitality Suite and before the Toilets in which some of the ride track will be above - its the alley where you come out next to the plate smashing game and the cutting down was on the right of that alley if you are walking towards the toilets. Wonder why they are clearing trees from there as its not on the site of the new ride, more near Sonic Spinball than X-Sector.
Boz

i know that during the blizzard that saw the first park closure this year, that a tree in that vicinity was threatening to come down across the walkway through there, they are probably just performing standard tree management. 8)
stretchy

not much change this week -

even though top of the BH tent has now been joined by two members from the old arcade in the BH exit
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]
Max

stretchy wrote: even though top of the BH tent has now been joined by two members from the old arcade in the BH exit
Its interesting to see that things like this were still in the tent, I would of thought that would have been got rid of when the Scarefest mazes took their temporary residency in the tent.
Alex3864

Was their yesterday and everything has gone now. While riding oblivion you can see a slight hint of construction :)
Blaze

Suppose they'll be drilling holes for the footers and foundations by the end of the month. :D
Oblivion115

This is all so intriuging! Im hyped for this! But cant believe the black holes...gone...damn and it went so quick too!  :shock:
towersmike

I was on park today and they were working on removing the old queue line entrance. I couldn't see much apart from the worker stood on top of it trying to take the screws and bolts out of the metal. Regarding trees, there was nothing going on near X Sector. However, they were cutting huge branches of a tree outside Burger King in Cloud Cuckoo Land next to the Skyride exit.
Choo - Choo!!
CoasterCrazyChris

towersmike wrote: I was on park today and they were working on removing the old queue line entrance. I couldn't see much apart from the worker stood on top of it trying to take the screws and bolts out of the metal.
:(
Rocket

Well hopefully they will move it, as I've said before, it could work well for oblivion or even for an SW7 archway
BigHairJoe

Ok when i was on park and it appears to have been missed by you all is on the doors where the company names are there is now a company called something or other groundworks ltd !!! I will post a video with the signs on it  tonight :D

Update

here is the video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYtJHYCHTSc
Last edited by BigHairJoe on Thu May 17, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evostance

Alex3864 wrote: Was their yesterday and everything has gone now. While riding oblivion you can see a slight hint of construction :)
Erm... no you can't lol.  The only thing is a digger removing the green flooring.  Just got back from there today.  Can confirm the tent top is still there, as are the tent supports on near the toilet.

Queue line is gone, the only things that remain are:

Tent Top
Entrance Concrete Thing
1 Metal cover thing
3 tent supports still standing near the toilet block
2 Wooden sheds

As for the tree cutting - they were cutting down trees near Burger King next to CATCF today so assume its general maintenance
Last edited by Evostance on Thu May 17, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Psychoaster

BigHairJoe wrote: Ok when i was on park and it appears to have been missed by you all is on the doors where the company names are there is now a company called something or other groundworks ltd !!! I will post a video with the signs on it  tonight :D

Update

here is the video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYtJHYCHTSc
Yep, looks like it's them...

http://tgcrusegroundworks.yolasite.com/about-us.php

Let's hope this is their best coaster yet (shouldn't be hard)  :P
Nightfall

I don't know if you've seen B&M's website lately but I think that proves that a company can't be judged on how good their website making ability's are.
[align=center]Image[/align]
LordOfDarkness

Nightfall wrote: I don't know if you've seen B&M's website lately but I think that proves that a company can't be judged on how good their website making ability's are.

I judge a book by its cover  :twisted:

Anyone know who we had for Nemmy & Oblivion?
[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
I'llookdownifiwanto

LordOfDarkness wrote:
Nightfall wrote: I don't know if you've seen B&M's website lately but I think that proves that a company can't be judged on how good their website making ability's are.

I judge a book by its cover  :twisted:

Anyone know who we had for Nemmy & Oblivion?
JJ Cavanagh Construction :D

*sniffs* "Don't like m£rlin" :(
The Psychoaster

Not sure if you were replying to me there, but if so I don't see how I implied that their website was poor?
Themeparksandy1981

There cutting trees all over the park. If you go on the flume in the woodland area you can see lots of trees that have been cut down. The 1 thing I never understand with Alton Towers is why they start there coasters&rides so late and they look like there been rushed in the end. With Air,Nemesis&Oblivion starting ASAP but Spinball,Rita,13&now SW7 took less than 9 months to build.

When Disney&Universal build there rides or new areas they take there time and build world class attractions. Even a refub takes them 6 to 9 months.

When did they start ground work on 13? I know Spinball and Rita was around Sept/Oct time.
thefatone

Started Groundwork in thirteen in November 2008 when they removed corkscrew didn't they?

They were definitely digging and building for entire of 2009..