The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
James

Sexual innuendos about a dark hole aside, could we keep on topic please. ;)
starbugger1303

Apologizes ;)

Back on topic in 3...2...1... And we're back on topic.

Im really sad that its going tbh.... The tent has always been there, ever day of every visit. It won't be the same without it. Oh well we must get rid of it before we get anything new...

I'm back up there tomorrow (for the 7th day in a row), I'll try and get more pics

:)
Last edited by starbugger1303 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigHairJoe

Hello, I was on park with the mini meet yesterday and the tent is fully under way with deconstruction however inside looked pretty empty except some old grabber machines and another arcade machine which i couldn't make out what it was, too dusty to tell any way I thought you would like this video from yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sYczfWfbg

Enjoy !
haydn!

Looking at those pictures really shows how small the space actually is and how compact SW7 will be! Those close calls and duelling sections are going to be very close, and therefore hopefully intense!
RustyRider

I'm on park today, and not really much change from robs update to be honest I'll upload the pic I took from oblivions (empty) queue line anyway.. Off topic I know, but sub-terra is running terrifically today!

Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Rob L

There probably won't be any change today as they are not allowed to work on this whole project on Sundays.

mrbrightside

Rob wrote: There probably won't be any change today as they are not allowed to work on this whole project on Sundays.

Interesting, any particular reason why?
ImageImage
Rob L

mrbrightside wrote:
Rob wrote: There probably won't be any change today as they are not allowed to work on this whole project on Sundays.

Interesting, any particular reason why?
From the planning decision notice:

"The demolition and construction works hereby approved shall be carried out between 8am 6pm Monday to Friday and between 8am 1pm Saturdays and at no time on Sundays or Bank Holidays without the prior written consent of the Local Planning Authority.
      Reason: To avoid the risk of disturbance to neighbouring dwellings during unsocial hours."

mrbrightside

Sounds fair enough! I assumed it would be for a reason along those lines - just didn't know :)
ImageImage
thatboyfromthewoods

So when do we reckon we will be seeing track? i know its a bit early but im wondering how long this secret weapon will take to build as the swarms track just flew up.
Blaze

September probably. Thirteen was finished long before Scarefest I think. This will take a bit longer being more complicated but even so, shouldn't take too long. :)
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Also, with all of the building on the crypt, TH13TEEN's track had to be done early. I'd guess September as well. It would take a few months maybe until January with big news coming during Scarefest like Sub-Terra. But the Swarm's track went up like a bullet!
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
PeteB

Meh, who cares about track! Soon as that tent comes down you'll see the scaffolding go up, then the shipping containers will follow and thats when it really gets exciting!

Coming soon to a cheap printed flyer near you....

"during teh recent restoration work in x sectorz we found this here coaster and called it Se7en!  Dont even dare to ride! It's so pyschologically scary you'll sh!t a brick on the 7 loop-de-loops!!1!11!"

Secret Weapon element - I'm guessing its a vertical drop of some kind, thats exactly what this park needs!
Last edited by PeteB on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze

The true excitement comes in guessing which shipping containers are just for construction, and which ones remain and get turned into a shop! :D
nemesismad

Well i for one cannot wait for the construction to begin on this beast of a coaster. Soon as that tent is down it should get pretty intresting, i just hope alton do what thorpe did and release images ect throughout construction in the closed season ( when track will be erected ), i can't do with all the secrecy of the whole project, as with past attractions ie Th13een, sub-terra & even blivvy, just keep us updated on what were getting alton  :D

god iam so impatiant lol
BigAl

nemesismad wrote: Well i for one cannot wait for the construction to begin on this beast of a coaster. Soon as that tent is down it should get pretty intresting, i just hope alton do what thorpe did and release images ect throughout construction in the closed season ( when track will be erected ), i can't do with all the secrecy of the whole project, as with past attractions ie Th13een, sub-terra & even blivvy, just keep us updated on what were getting alton  :D

god iam so impatiant lol
I for one enjoy not knowing too much about the ride. The mystery of what SW4 could have been before Oblivion opened was one of many factors that made Oblivion brilliant.

Nightfall

Interestingly unlike Thirteen this ride will be visible from outside the park. Even if there isn't an official update I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see several shots taken from the Chained Oak Hotel or from one of the fields where the Black Hole tent can already be seen.
[align=center]Image[/align]
LordOfDarkness

From today:

Sorry its blury... I was shaking from the sheer awesomeness of fried chicken.
[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
RyanY

Won't be longer until the tent is all gone. :(

Thanks for the picture update LordOfDarkness.
krikeymikey

Makes me wonder. The tent seems to be taken down so easily and quickly. Why leave it up empty for so many years gathering mold etc.

Yeh they used it for scarefest and storage but surly taking the tent down when black hole closed would have made more sense and given more opportunity to utilize the space?
Fear is subject to opinion