The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
wburgess

Joshysqaushy wrote:
XXBENNXX wrote: i just tweeted them informing them that if they don't open tomorrow then they had best be changing the website. people will start having claims to a lawsuit on false advertisements. if they don't then this is going to be one hell of an embarrassment on their part.
It doesn't say anywhere on the website that it opens in may.
http://www.the-smiler.com/thesmiler/

Boom!

Boo... beaten to it!
GriffGB

XXBENNXX wrote: ... they had best be changing the website. people will start having claims to a lawsuit on false advertisements.
I bet that had them quaking in their boots. ;-)

Their main page says its closed due to technical issues.  Couldn't be any clearer at the moment.  At least, to me anyway.
dazza4783

bealyboy wrote:
I am thinking that we will have a soft opening tomorrow (they surely would have advertised a proper one by now) and then adverts rolling out tomorrow as well for opening on Saturday! :)
They did advertise a proper one, and missed it.
With regards to the advert, there will only ever have been 2 ads they sent out anyway (3 if you count the short version).
One of them would be for showing before the 23rd, that one was the first one which had the date at the bottom of the screen. The other one to be shown from the 23rd onwards, with no date at the bottom because it should have been no longer needed.
Last edited by dazza4783 on Thu May 30, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshysqaushy

XXBENNXX wrote:
Joshysqaushy wrote:
XXBENNXX wrote: i just tweeted them informing them that if they don't open tomorrow then they had best be changing the website. people will start having claims to a lawsuit on false advertisements. if they don't then this is going to be one hell of an embarrassment on their part.
It doesn't say anywhere on the website that it opens in may.
http://www.the-smiler.com/thesmiler/ - rather un-missable to be fair
Well i didn't really know you were talking about that website but okay no need to get touchy about it  :?

Moving on...
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Richardio123

It's ridiculous the amount of smiler adverts I've seen tonight maybe it's a sign :)
Signature Pending.. ;D
XXBENNXX

the fact they are still advertising a may opening technical issue or not is in itself a false advertisement if it is not open for any period of time within may. they may be able to loophole this if it opens for say an hour at some point in may (there are only 26 hours left in may) but if it remains shut they will fall under scrutiny from the ASA and dis-satisfied customers will be within their rights to seek damages under the false advertisement claim. i am rooting for an opening tomorrow, but it is so fifty fifty that nobody really knows. continuing to advertise may, if they know full well this thing will not open in may, is in itself false advertisement. - but let's hope tomorrow we see this thing running with members of the paying public to finally enjoy.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

[quote="J_Baggie"]
Shop. I saw inside when the shutter was open and it is huuuge. Fully stocked and ready. 20 meters long at least if I remember right. With photo viewing screens down other end

Sure thats not just storage? Dosent look shop like and why whoud a shutter into the shop? But I wasn't there so anyway sound great!!! :D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
W@LLI$

Richardio123 wrote: It's ridiculous the amount of smiler adverts I've seen tonight maybe it's a sign :)
I have to agree with you there mate! This week I swear I have seen around 25 adverts! :)
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
Kieran141

if this ride is opening tomz then its not giving us any notice about it
Joshysqaushy

I wonder what happened with those people that won the competition where you get to ride the smiler before anyone else  :shock:, im 95% sure it will open tomorrow or else AT will have a big false advertising issue on their hands.
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
King Nemesis

Interesting find...

Scare actors? Yes!
Kieran141

Joshysqaushy wrote: I wonder what happened with those people that won the competition where you get to ride the smiler before anyone else  :shock:, im 95% sure it will open tomorrow or else AT will have a big false advertising issue on their hands.
im sure alton towers will find a way around this even if the let very fewpeople on it would still be clast as that it opened please mistake me if im wrong
XXBENNXX

if it is not open to everyone. and only a select few. Then no this is not classed as an opening.
J_Baggie

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
J_Baggie wrote: Shop. I saw inside when the shutter was open and it is huuuge. Fully stocked and ready. 20 meters long at least if I remember right. With photo viewing screens down other end
Sure thats not just storage? Dosent look shop like and why whoud a shutter into the shop? But I wasn't there so anyway sound great!!! :D
Yeah it's definitely the shop. Sorry I couldn't get the sign above the door but it says "buy the smiler". There is also a second shutter to the right of this one
Last edited by J_Baggie on Thu May 30, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Brom til I die!
DaveBear

King Nemesis wrote: Interesting find...

Scare actors? Yes!
Very Interesting this does seem to confirm similar to what someone told me on youtube in February  for those who are interested, a person told me in reply to the Washing Machine that this is a no no.... but the ride has 7 Elements.

1= Disorentator (basically the track and its inversions).
2-6 = The Marmaliser that applies various 4D elements to distract riders.
7 = Worlds First that is actually nothing to do with the ride/trains itself but the process before and after the ride and consists of a number of elements and effects.

That one guys comments certainly point to the 7th element.
Marky_Boy

Interesting POV including a hint of the music at the start
lucky13

Smiler advert on each e4 at 11:15 must have seen the advert 4 times tonight
Thats how we roll SLIDERS
aress

Kieran141 wrote: if this ride is opening tomz then its not giving us any notice about it
Tomz?
DaveBear

Yep Tomorrow seems to be the Green Light, and the ride apparently had some Electrical and Sensory Teething problems, maybe this is connected with any 4D Elements with the Marmaliser?
lucky13

Sorry be a pain the smiler advert has just been on again on e4. I do believe it will open Friday, but I think they will not advertise that it's open until they have opened the smiler entrance.
Thats how we roll SLIDERS