The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
wardiespritz

Anyone know if kids are on halfterm next week? I'm there Tuesday thinking if to pack my lunch for the queue line.
Also thanks to the guys taking photo's at the park. Very much appreciated
You must escape........go...go..go
Dan

wardiespritz wrote: Anyone know if kids are on halfterm next week? I'm there Tuesday thinking if to pack my lunch for the queue line.
It's half term this week so all kids should be back at school next week
jbuckton18

Things ive found out today

1) The park staff have been told that the park is due to open the smiler tomorrow ( As many as 10 staff said this)
2) The Smiler is now on the queue boards
3) The Marmiliser effects and sceen has been testing all day
4) JW and his family have been on site but didnt ride
5) GS have said that the smiler is apparently open tomorrow
6) Builders look to have finished everything
7) Fences have slowly started coming down
8) Smiler entrance is only blocked by 2 fences now
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
J_Baggie

All effects are going and theme tune playing in surrounding area. Exciting!!
West Brom til I die!
wardiespritz

J_Baggie wrote: All effects are going and theme tune playing in surrounding area. Exciting!!
They might open for last few hrs when the park is getting quiet.
Heisenberg96

wardiespritz wrote: Anyone know if kids are on halfterm next week? I'm there Tuesday thinking if to pack my lunch for the queue line.
Probably should be fine, nearly all schools will be back then and most on study leave will be back into the second exam period.

I have an English Language test the day you'll be on that beast :( jammy sod!
JW599

Not sure if related to the delays:

NecronomiconUK

Looks like there might be some finger wagging over running the adverts when the ride was closed
jbuckton18

wardiespritz wrote:
J_Baggie wrote: All effects are going and theme tune playing in surrounding area. Exciting!!
Hmmm dont see it .. possibly a bit too late now in the day to open it .. considering it closes in 2 hours ..
J_Baggie

wardiespritz wrote:
Omg yes hopefully :D is this possible?
West Brom til I die!
DaveBear

Well Fingers Crossed lol

I guess we will find out all about the ride Tomorrow, and i get to ride it in 12 Days Time ;)
Ryan.

Mabalzich wrote: Source: @jadeconomist

Nice shot:

I know people have said that the plans for a plaza are no more and you can't get down to the area around the Marmaliser but I was just wondering if someone could explain what the paving is for at the bottom of this image? It appears to be a public area outside the queue that goes down to the foot of the Marmaliser? I'm not sure what the point would be though, surely it's just a dead end?
jbuckton18

Ryan. wrote:
Mabalzich wrote: Source: @jadeconomist

Nice shot:

I know people have said that the plans for a plaza are no more and you can't get down to the area around the Marmaliser but I was just wondering if someone could explain what the paving is for at the bottom of this image? It appears to be a public area outside the queue that goes down to the foot of the Marmaliser? I'm not sure what the point would be though, surely it's just a dead end?
Unlikely , have you seen how close to the paving that air time hill comes ? We both know we get a few chavs trying there best to climb on it if they were allowed to stand underneath it.
wardiespritz

Heisenberg96 wrote:
Probably should be fine, nearly all schools will be back then and most on study leave will be back into the second exam period.

I have an English Language test the day you'll be on that beast :( jammy sod!
I'll post a review for you. Lol well hopefully queue lines will be tolerable then.
Best of luck with your test.
mitchellcollier

I'll post a review for you. Lol well hopefully queue lines will be tolerable then.
[/quote]

I shall also be going up Tuesday after college, the only thing i can see being an issue is all the schools possibly going for the end of year trips which often sees a lot of school kids arriving by the coach load. Although when my mum goes with the schools they tend to leave a bit earlier to get back for hometime pickups.
jbuckton18

mitchellcollier wrote:

I shall also be going up Tuesday after college, the only thing i can see being an issue is all the schools possibly going for the end of year trips which often sees a lot of school kids arriving by the coach load. Although when my mum goes with the schools they tend to leave a bit earlier to get back for hometime pickups.
[/quote]

End of year trips wont be till end of June/July !
Hitch

Really gutted im going to have to wait till 17th of june to go on this beast, I have been there twice so far this year when it was meant to open so derp to the whole thing  :cry:
wardiespritz

jbuckton18 wrote:
mitchellcollier wrote:

End of year trips wont be till end of June/July !
[/quote]
I'll see u around then.. I can wat most the day to ride it if needs be. Then small queues go on it more than once. Lol
But that is of course if it does open.
(just so i dont tempt fate)
youarecorrectsir

The fact that they have now corrected all of the mistakes makes me want to smile always. The promise of opening time soon has filled me with joy, but I feel a bit funny already... almost like I've inhaled laughing gas... I think the process has already begun :O

Hopefully food shopping will take my mind off of things! I've run out of marmalise for my toast in the morning...
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
Witherjo

I am now becoming incredibly excited. Guys, stop being so negative :lol:. I have been a happy spectator on these forums since the black hole tent started to be taken down but now I would like to explain why I believe that the smiler will indeed open tomorrow. The smiler itself looks incredible, a true work of art. Not only this, but it looks like a complete work of art with all scenery and track completed. All builders/some park staff/guest services seem to be hinting/confirming at an opening tomorrow. The park seem to be testing out the integration of the smiler with queue times updated at the park and online. Fences have been taken down along with construction site signs. Also, the AT smiler website still states May as the opening date, tomorrow is the last day of May. The only thing suggesting otherwise is the lack of an official statement from AT, who seem to be prone to late announcements.
I live in Edinburgh so will not be visiting immediately for the smiler opening but just reading this forum has kept me busy and entertained for the past six months, thank you and Smile. Always :)