The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
jamesc

Well this is very sad news, right at the last minute.

I guess we will know for sure when it will open, because suddenly all the construction workers will just disappear from the site after being fed up with being Marmalised during all those long hard months of work! :lol:
Last edited by jamesc on Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
SwEDEN

At least we will get a massive photo update seeming as everyone is going to be on park tomorrow..... LOL :p
Stern John

Hahaha!
It's ok darling, The Smiler is not gay!
I'm sad that it's not going to be open but I'm not going to let it get me down, still off to my favourite place for the first time this season.
Nemmy must've cursed it!
MatthewR1990

Andzdrew wrote:
SpecyBeast wrote:

Sums up the last few pages on this forum ;)
This absolutely has made my day!
"It's ok my darling, the Smiler is not gay"

I actually choked laughing!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
SwEDEN

Here's another one, these are perfect, can't stop laughing.  :lol:

http://meemsy.com/v/9348

This one is brilliant... :lol: talks about Europa, and Lightwater Valley. :lol:
Also mentions towers times at the end.  8) ;)
Kirsty25

Memes much as though I love them aren't in keeping with the topic, maybe you could create a topic in dragons bar for funny memes you find like these :)
Rollercoaster5000

At least its not an operational problem, if Gerstlauer have signed it off anyway.
Oh well, hopefully they will at least be testing it tomorrow. Really want to see this thing duel!
jayson2125

SpecyBeast wrote:

Sums up the last few pages on this forum ;)
That had me in stitches

Never has a video on YouTube been so wrong but at the same time so right

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
clayj

I wonder if anyone has tried removing the batteries, giving them a rub and putting back in again ??

On a serious note. Seems strange that they dug up the underground cable joint kit pictured on TS's photos ?
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
jamesc

Maybe they are having power problems, this is why the ride is not to open yet!

Did the park not just have a power cut the other day, maybe the x sector area is now starting to drain too much power with this new ride?
Last edited by jamesc on Thu May 23, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Phild94

If they were having powers problems this will have been found out a LONG time ago :/ to me personally it sounds as if its the usual H&S requirements going ott tbh :/

Whenever this does open it should work consistently :/ I mean yeah I understand its a new ride so "teething" problems will have to #getcorrected but its not like another Th13teen or Air where's its am entirely new concept :) all they have to do with this one is get it to the top of a lift and let it drop haha :)

Fingers crossed its open tomorrow as I'm going Friday either way

8 Hrs 34minutes

:moj

#getcorrected

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
fishdalf

Ah well, despite my initial disappointment yesterday I'm up now and getting ready to travel to the park with my better half and family. Actually looking forward to it, even though there's like a 40% chance of rain all day, ha.

I'm glad it was mentioned that The Smiler staff all have the day off, because it removes any hesitation of the ride being open all day and me walking back to it every 15  minutes to check. I just now have to convince my missus that we can afford to go again in like 4 weeks and everything will be rosy again.

If anyone wants any pictures of anything let me know, but I'm sure you've all had your fill of just about everything by now. Just glad I can actually see this beast for myself in person, because the general consensus seems to be that it's a different animal up close. Wish the weather stays pleasant for me. =)
BulletMag

I'm sad that my daughter and I won't get the chance to "get corrected" today, kinda dreading the queues now that the smiler is not opening and drawing the crowds.
epicV3N0M

when they said about towerstimes drones I couldn't stop laughing xD
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. *stares at EXIT sign*
Kirsty25

For those asking who is on site please check the meet topic as the majority of people who said they were attending, still are.

Thanks
Jevaaaans

There's a few Scottish schools on park today (mine is for sure) as its May holiday tomorrow and Monday (our equivalent to half term). Last year when I went there were around 50 schools of 200 so it might be the same this year. Funny they were expecting The Smiler to open, I suspect it's my jealous of them going on opening day that made it be delayed :D
Gax

I hope everyone on park has a good day today despite the bad news. A day of sitting at work repeatedly bringing up Towerstimes/Towersnerd live to see if anything happens lies ahead for me!
Zach

Guys I think it's more than H&S with gersualter back on site with there arriving. Back on park I think it could be a little more....and I think it has something to do with that the support those bolts were not just bent but slice out of alignment
hursty

Plenty of fencing left to do. (photo from 5 mins ago)
Andzdrew

hursty wrote: Image

Plenty of fencing left to do. (photo from 5 mins ago)
Forget the fencing, has the ride moved?