The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
jbuckton18

----reece---- wrote: So I have a new email.....

We won't get our smiler preview till Thursday morning before everyone and I have work .. So looks like il be taking my free fast pass to ride on Friday... Such a let down I won't get to 'preview'
Fast passes wont be available for The Smiler straight away . So unfortunately the fast pass you may receive is not eligible for the Smiler. Unless AT are putting Fast passes on ( logically they should do ) and the people on here who said fast passes wont be in action are lying :/
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
lewis97
Admin
Admin

jbuckton18 wrote:

We won't get our smiler preview till Thursday morning before everyone and I have work .. So looks like il be taking my free fast pass to ride on Friday... Such a let down I won't get to 'preview'
Fast passes wont be available for The Smiler straight away . So unfortunately the fast pass you may receive is not eligible for the Smiler. Unless AT are putting Fast passes on ( logically they should do ) and the people on here who said fast passes wont be in action are lying :/
It could just be an exclusive thing for any competition winners who can't make it Thursday morning. Fasttrack will not be available to everyone until later in the season, or possibly not until next year.
bencase

Boz wrote: I can back this up too, I know Ben personally from well before TT, you lucky sod!!
Thanks Boz ;)

As Reece says, the Park have just confirmed it'll be a Thursday morning preview:
Hello,

Unfortunately due to the tight timescales over the coming days, the preview cannot happen until Thursday morning. Whilst this is of great disappointment, I am sure you will agree that it’s important that the project isn’t delayed and is open fully from Thursday.

So the alternative suggestion is that I meet you at the turnstiles on Thursday morning at 8.30am, I will then walk you into the Theme Park a whole 30mins before Early Ride Time guests are admitted to the Theme Park. We’ll go down to X-Sector and we’ll see if we can get you onto the ride before public are admitted, this will all depend on the ride being ready to run. Whilst I can’t guarantee that you’ll ride before 10am, we’ll do our very best to get you on!

Let me know if you can make it.
jbuckton18

lewis97 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:

It could just be an exclusive thing for any competition winners who can't make it Thursday morning. Fasttrack will not be available to everyone until later in the season, or possibly not until next year.
Possibly yeh. However imagine the people queuing like normal in the queue line and see Reece and co walking right through the Fast pass track with ease ? Everyone will be like oo fastpasses are available ! Wonder how we can get them and AT probably wouldnt want the hastle ! :/ but it could very well be an exclusive fast pass
----reece----

It says if we couldn't attend the preview we get a exclusive fast pass so iv asked for mine for Friday... Fingers crossed !
Kirsty25

It said in the competition prizes that should you be unable to attend for the preview (people do have work and other commitments) that the winners would be offered an exclusive fastrack for the smiler which are not available until later this season or next season to the general public, they won it so they should be entitled to it! Enjoy it Ben and Reece, jammy sods!
----reece----

He has emailed me back and I have my fast tracks for Friday!! :)
jbuckton18

----reece---- wrote: He has emailed me back and I have my fast tracks for Friday!! :)
Jelousy is a horrible emotion but im jelous right now ;) nice one buddy
Fishfingerish

Well me and my friend are both sprinting down to X-sector on Sunday at 9:00 if that counts...

(I know it's not on ERT)
Last edited by Fishfingerish on Tue May 21, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Towers Times' resident Muser

Oh yes! Please check out my YouTube channel if it's not too painful:
www.youtube.com/user/hpvideosofficial
brick60000

Fishfingerish wrote: Well me and my friend are both sprinting down to X-sector on Sunday at 9:00 if that counts...

(I know it's not on ERT)
Will also be doing that!!  8)
bbooth2

slightly off topic but its a burning question, what time are you nutters hoping to be in the entrance queue for the park on Thursday/Friday?
JayJay90

"...this will all depend on the ride being ready to run. Whilst I can’t guarantee that you’ll ride before 10am......."

beat me for being negative please as it kills me to say this, but that email didnt sound very certain does it XD
Samwise

bbooth2 wrote: slightly off topic but its a burning question, what time are you nutters hoping to be in the entrance queue for the park on Thursday/Friday?
I'll be at the park gates at 7:30 Benno  8)
Wise
bbooth2

can see the queue times being silly long no matter how many people are in it, have a feeling this is gonna break down a lot.
JBragg1

on the smiler update December 23rd there was something that looked like a secret element pic 11
jbuckton18

jbragg1 wrote: on the smiler update December 23rd there was something that looked like a secret element pic 11
Please no ... We have been through this .. There is no 'Secret Element' that we dont know about already.

EDIT: And that pic 11 is of a covered Ice Cream Truck !! -.-
JBragg1

so what is in there then
JayJay90

jbragg1 wrote: so what is in there then
an ice cream van :)

youll see that located near the entrance sometimes at the bottom of towers street
jbuckton18

jbragg1 wrote: so what is in there then
... An ice cream truck ? I just said.
japmfb

i think the que will be worse than when oblivion was opened, and that run with 6 cars . one every 15 seconds or so.

the smiler is going to be 1 every minute.    im getting to old to que for 2 hours lol