The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
mattallennet

LCFCjames wrote: More footers are being painted. Credit to Theme Park WorldWide (via twitter) 8)
"Hey, guys... Has anyone seen that black paint we've saved to use on the station wall?"
themeparkcollective

THE SIGNS FOR THE SMILER!  AS REQUESTED!

Krazycoaster

themeparkcollective wrote: THE SIGNS FOR THE SMILER!  AS REQUESTED!
Stage 2: The Tickler; if you're too tall, you get decapitated by a huge brush haha  :lol:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

I don't think we will have any mini maramaliser element in the queue line ( still have amazing effects just no giggler for example... ) as that sign says stage two....
I believe they are just little sneaky subtle hints most people won't notice to add the mystery
Like there logo on N:ST ;)
Their just telling you the stages on the ride...
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Coolbeans14

I'm surprised there's no maximum height limit though. Seems strange considering how close the theming gets to the track
TheSmiler1998

I think the sign is hinting at a queue line show kinda thing!
Whilst on the ride all guests must follow the I instructions of the Smiler Assistants at all times!
Pre show al a Sub Terra? I'm pretty sure saw alive and sub Tera have a similar warning!
Did anyone else notice the Politically correct way of saying really fat people cant ride?  :D
The seating and restraints within this ride may prohibit guest of certain body shapes or sizes from participating!
Made me laugh  :D
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
A

'The seating restraints within the ride may prohibit guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating'

Aka no fat people.
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
temleh

So… What is the 'Correction Block' ?
Follow me on Instagram! @v05mattclay
King Nemesis

temleh wrote: So… What is the 'Correction Block' ?
Can only assume the station :)
Hitch

King Nemesis wrote:
temleh wrote: So… What is the 'Correction Block' ?
Can only assume the station :)
Its the building under the brake run that you go through before you enter the main station.
Jackk156

I Hope Alton Towers will release the Time Lapse footage of construction, It will be interesting to see what the difference of the Black hole tent being there and now 'The Smiler' being there will look like!
bealyboy

Jackk156 wrote: I Hope Alton Towers will release the Time Lapse footage of construction, It will be interesting to see what the difference of the Black hole tent being there and now 'The Smiler' being there will look like!
It was on blue peter
SMILE.ALWAYS
Heisenberg96

Bit of an odd question, but how much foliage is there? Are they planning on keeping the ride open and exposed or filling any gaps with shrubs/trees? Obviously not on the ride but I mean queuing area. Out the blue but I was just wondering how far Alton were going to go on decoration. Personally I reckon the bearer the better for the Smiler.
haydn!

Jackk156 wrote: I Hope Alton Towers will release the Time Lapse footage of construction, It will be interesting to see what the difference of the Black hole tent being there and now 'The Smiler' being there will look like!
It will be a long video, with lots of nothing in places then  :P

(On a serious note, it would actually be pretty cool.)
RubyGaga

haydn! wrote:

I think they might cut out 'inactive' shots. On Blue peter, they cut out the night time shots so it ran smoother

Image ImageImageImage
Hitch

RubyGaga wrote:
haydn! wrote:

I think they might cut out 'inactive' shots. On Blue peter, they cut out the night time shots so it ran smoother
blue peter only showed the parts that would be most interesting, I want to see the whole thing, right the way from ground work to that epic light show they did.
Hitch

I think some people may have missed this, they are talking about the media event and they actually play a clip of what sounds like the indoor queline audio - it sounds awesome! http://audioboo.fm/boos/1400118-rob-and ... ce=twitter
bbooth2

Is it considered weird that I'm driving up to towers on my own just to have a look at it haha, anyone know if its running again?
A

bbooth2 wrote: Is it considered weird that I'm driving up to towers on my own just to have a look at it haha
Ask roodlesnouter...
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
mixer114

bbooth2 wrote: Is it considered weird that I'm driving up to towers on my own just to have a look at it haha, anyone know if its running again?
I went last sunday to have a look upfront was well impressed didnt go on any rides apart from hex got to evak from charlie and choc factory coz of the power cut