The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Setebos

arsenalfan-1 wrote: I dunno if this has been mentioned before but when you watch the Daybreak video, the ride doesn't look like to much of a 'Head-banger'. Yay! :moj
I thought that as well. Although, her head almost completely clears the restraints. So I'm hoping it's not too bad for shorter people as well  :lol:
@ltonFreak12

how amazing will it look with 2 of the trains flying round the staffy knot  :yes:
ManiaMuse

arsenalfan-1 wrote: I dunno if this has been mentioned before but when you watch the Daybreak video, the ride doesn't look like to much of a 'Head-banger'. Yay! :moj
It does look pretty smooth and goes quite rapidly as well. The cobra roll looks quite whippy but most of the other inversions/transitions look quite smooth.
Sam198 wrote:
LCFCjames wrote: Am I right in saying there'll be a max. of 4 trains on the track at any one time?
I guess they've reached the stage now where they are going to be running more than one train at a time, to get the duelling aspect synced :)
It's widely believed that there will be 5 trains in total, with 4 in operation at any one time. So yes, you're correct with that assumption. :)
Unless any of the brake blocks are doubled up (i.e. can take 2 trains) then the maximum number of trains would be 4. So a spare would be very useful as it would be a capacity hit if one had to be taken out of service for maintenance.

Oblivion has 7 shuttles but only 6 operating when at max capacity so 5 trains for the Smiler would make sense.
JBragg1

There could be 8 cars  2 station 1 first lift hill 1 vetical lift bracks 1 vertical lift hill 2 on the end brack run 1 maintinence. There could also be more because of a secret element
JBragg1

There must be a world first because John Wardley said on his last interview that he only did the track layout and It was mainly Candy Hollands idea. The worlds most inversions were done by John probably.
Last edited by JBragg1 on Sat May 11, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Don't like that new clip from the new maramaliser video, they did iterfectly of not crossing the 'cheesy video' line and that man kind of crosses it! Anyway let's hope it works well in real time.. Haha
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Sat May 11, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
aldredd

undeadarmy wrote: Yeah, keep pressing your dad for questions... if only my dad was working on The Smiler.. he'd tell me everything :(.
Not if he signed an NDA he wouldn't (which everyone involved in any way almost certainly has).
SwEDEN

Game stall 'Challenge The Smiler' is now complete. Credit to TowersStreet Facebook page

Team edit - Added image tags & gave credit to the source ~ Danny
Last edited by SwEDEN on Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liam B

SwEDEN wrote: Game stall 'Challenge The Smiler' is now complete. Credit to TowersStreet Facebook page

Team edit - Added image tags ~ Danny
that looks pretty damn sexy!
Last edited by Liam B on Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanMcSUFC

Finally, after months and months of construction, we can finally say....

THE BEAST IS AWAKE!!!

Watching videos of The Smiler cars whizzing around the track is very exciting! Also, I must be one of the only ones who actually likes the entrance booth for the ride, I think it looks pretty good imo! I showed the two videos (the 'teaser' clip with the lights released the other day, and the footage of it testing) to other people today, and they just simply cannot believe just how huge this ride really is, or just how many inversions (or 'loops' as it is being marketed) it has!

Secret element or no secret element, I have absolutely no doubt that this is going to be one hell of a roller coaster, and I just cannot wait to ride it!
themeparkcollective

New Marmaliser Screen Footage. Video To Be Released This Evening

Lovely View Of The Smiler In The Sun

More Cementing And Ground Work Taking Place

Continued Work On The Entrance

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Wouldn't it be great when ( the part of the video where it shows a group of people in what looks like a train station, Waterloo to be Pacific ) if they set up a live steam camera from there!! Or just live steam from around the park!!! I would love it if all the cameras from around the park ( the real CCTV ones!, but not ride ones ) were MOJ branded haha so we now there are watching us!!! :D

Just wanted to post this again as I believe it's relevant for the weird sphere face too as well as the up close face of the man haha Don't like that new clip from the new maramaliser video, they did perfectly of not crossing the 'cheesy video' line and that man kind of crosses it! Anyway let's hope it works well in real time.. Haha
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Sat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choking on your alibis

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
themeparkcollective

Shutters down on 'Challenge The Smiler"

Kenzie2012

I must say, surprised i am the first too, that i am very dissappointed in the loss of the Van theming feature for the Game stall!! I have been looking forward to see how they were going to let the plans evolve and everything but this plot of land has excelled in what i thought they were going to do.

I guess X-Sector does need a game stall once again, shame the theming has been chopped for it.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
MatthewR1990

Kenzie2012 wrote: I must say, surprised i am the first too, that i am very dissappointed in the loss of the Van theming feature for the Game stall!! I have been looking forward to see how they were going to let the plans evolve and everything but this plot of land has excelled in what i thought they were going to do.

I guess X-Sector does need a game stall once again, shame the theming has been chopped for it.
I'm actually more impressed with the games stall as a theming element. The van may have been good we will never know. But I think the way the stall has been made excels in my opinion
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

themeparkcollective wrote: Shutters down on 'Challenge The Smiler"

Wait the white thing on the top...
Is that a projector?!
If so what will it project?
Maybe something on the roof of the stall for Blivvy riders or something on the ground for the guest...
And isn't it suggest that something will be projected onto the front of the station for example a video or the logo ect... Better than no moving nor changing paint haha! As the station does look plain but maybe it has to be, a blank canvas if you will! ;) so I think like in the game ( it think ) something will be projected onto the station... :D
SMILE.ALWAYS because its getting closer ;)

EDIT: or is it a strobe to distract the gamers haha or to have a slight maramilsing effect of the Oblivion rides as they come out the hole, or something else!! haha it can be either but it kinda looks strobe like on a closer look ;)
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Sat May 11, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choking on your alibis

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

:yikes:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
Kenzie2012 wrote: I must say, surprised i am the first too, that i am very dissappointed in the loss of the Van theming feature for the Game stall!! I have been looking forward to see how they were going to let the plans evolve and everything but this plot of land has excelled in what i thought they were going to do.

I'm actually more impressed with the games stall as a theming element. The van may have been good we will never know. But I think the way the stall has been made excels in my opinion

Wait?! No van!!! :yikes: Since when?????? Awwww  :cry:

I thought the van was going is the island... To be honest I think it's kind of a eye saw, and I feel it takes away part of the theme ( story line wise ) just wish we could have the van :cry:
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Sat May 11, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choking on your alibis

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Danny

The Flasher being tested. Credit to TPW:

the smiler :-)

wouldn't it be awesome if on the pic took of u on the ride they marmalise you on the pic using special effects!!!

remeber ALWAYS SMILE!!!!!!!!!!  :D :poke:
Kenzie2012

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
themeparkcollective wrote: Shutters down on 'Challenge The Smiler"

Wait the white thing on the top...
Is that a projector?!
If so what will it project?
Maybe something on the roof of the stall for Blivvy riders or something on the ground for the guest...
And isn't it suggest that something will be projected onto the front of the station for example a video or the logo ect... Better than no moving nor changing paint haha! As the station does look plain but maybe it has to be, a blank canvas if you will! ;) so I think like in the game ( it think ) something will be projected onto the station... :D
SMILE.ALWAYS because its getting closer ;)

EDIT: or is it a strobe to distract the gamers haha or to have a slight maramilsing effect of the Oblivion rides as they come out the hole, or something else!! haha it can be either but it kinda looks strobe like on a closer look ;)

Hahahaha, all good theories.... but i think you will find its the ORP point for Oblivion
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”