The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Liam B

Nocama wrote:
James97 wrote: The Station 0_o Image
Very plain, i thought it would be brilliant white like a hospital
I wish people would stop jumping to the conclusion that everything is finished and that's they way it will be forever! its clearly not finished! please let them build it and open it THEN comment on it :)
Jack

RCandrew wrote:
JORDYGILL95 wrote:

^^ Not my video, but shows extra footage of the '2nd' guest to ride the Smiler.
Why does it change from One rider, to Two, to one again, quite a lot it does this??
the worlds first is teleportation ;)
RCandrew

jackandylan123 wrote:
RCandrew wrote:
JORDYGILL95 wrote:

^^ Not my video, but shows extra footage of the '2nd' guest to ride the Smiler.
Why does it change from One rider, to Two, to one again, quite a lot it does this??
the worlds first is teleportation ;)
That. Is. Amazing!

:lol:
MatthewR1990

That first drop looks VERY dark.. I love it! Also I love some of the little details. Like yellow light hangings, etc. I love this thing... I love everything about it. I take anything bad I have ever said. (Mostly train related) this thing is roller coaster perfection!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
JBragg1

Why did John say that he did the track layout and candy did the theming and it is more her idear. The worlds most inversions have been created by John so there must be something else
Fishfingerish

Personally, I think the indoor section is a little nod to 'Black hole'.
Towers Times' resident Muser

Oh yes! Please check out my YouTube channel if it's not too painful:
www.youtube.com/user/hpvideosofficial
Jmurphy55

Fishfingerish wrote: Personally, I think the indoor section is a little nod to 'Black hole'.
I'd be inclined to agree. The station also reminds me of the black hole station, where you depart through a rectangular shaped gateway into darkness.
D-Man

Nocama wrote:
Very plain, i thought it would be brilliant white like a hospital
Maybe once all the lights are switched on the place will be brightened up a bit!  :D
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
Evostance

Personally I think the station is a bit disappointing if thats it completed but we will have to wait and see.

I'm intrigued as to what they're going to do with all the mud patches.  Grass it, turf it, put plants in it?  Really, they should turf it or plant it rather than waiting for things to grow.

That ditch also needs a right jet wash and clean out :lol:
Aidan Lowe

Credit @stephenaspence

Shot from inside the station towards the end of the ride. All I can say is this big concrete slab is gonna be flooded all the time.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
RCandrew

Just want to put this out there, the dive loop looks SO good. I think that will be one of the best inversions when riding,

(I have a photo but don't know how to upload it on my ipad, you can see it in a lot of photos anyway)
:)
KevBales

I was thinking also that the departure from the station looked like the Black Hole. I like it when the new rides have in someway a reference to what was there before. Even the controls are above the track like it was in the Black Hole. Maybe there might be strobes as you go down the drop. But it does look like there is still work to be done on the station.
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."
A

KevBales wrote: I was thinking also that the departure from the station looked like the Black Hole. I like it when the new rides have in someway a reference to what was there before. Even the controls are above the track like it was in the Black Hole. Maybe there might be strobes as you go down the drop. But it does look like there is still work to be done on the station.
According to the game, the 'flasher' appears during the drop on the indoor section :)
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
SmileyMan

It reminds me of a hot-wheels car when you used to pretend you were doing a race xD
Benji

I don't get how people can say at this stage that they hate the station? There is more than a week left, it doesn't take forever to add some final touches [/rant] On opening day, this ride will look absolutely immense! 

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
PeteB

Would it be too much to ask for an interactive queue? That would just move this ride from "amazing" to "awesome".

Even if it was just something simple like the bagatelle games on Sonic Spinball, I'd be happy. Maybe some mind games to play as you wait. :)
chrisgeorgiou46

I'd love some 1984 theming in the queue - posters saying we are watching you, smile for the camera, that kinda thing!

Is it bad that watching this coaster testing turns me on?
RCandrew

They should have some sort of pictures through the queue ling that are illusions, like the millions you find on the Internet, just to keep you occupied when standing there! Better than nothing.  8)
youarecorrectsir

I'd like to remind people that the theming inside the station isn't done yet.

I remember people complaining about the marmaliser during its first week or two! Now look at it. I have 100% faith as I did with the marmaliser, it it was rewarded. Be happy. Smile.
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
DannyNewbro

A wrote:
KevBales wrote: I was thinking also that the departure from the station looked like the Black Hole. I like it when the new rides have in someway a reference to what was there before. Even the controls are above the track like it was in the Black Hole. Maybe there might be strobes as you go down the drop. But it does look like there is still work to be done on the station.
According to the game, the 'flasher' appears during the drop on the indoor section :)
The Flasher is as you go underneath a Marmaliser leg. The indoor section is a different section