The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Themeparksandy1981

Why did they get rid of the photo only topic as I don't want to read lots of pages of rubbish.

Anyway I'm glad that it's gonna open in 15 days time nearly 10 weeks late.

I can't see the 23rd been busy as school kids will be at school and most people will be working as they will have the bank holiday weekend off or even the week at some places.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Why did they get rid of the photo only topic as I don't want to read lots of pages of rubbish.

I can't see the 23rd been busy as school kids will be at school and most people will be working as they will have the bank holiday weekend off or even the week at some places.
Baring in mind some kids will bunk school just to go on The SMILER...

Credit to NemesisRider
Jack

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Why did they get rid of the photo only topic as I don't want to read lots of pages of rubbish.

*slowly walks away*
Mrloverlubba

Definately disagree, the amount of exams coming up and there are a few around this date, yr 10-11's wouldn't risk it and lower aged kids wouldn't be able to get their parents to get them there, FREE PARK :D
TheSmiler1998

Mrloverlubba wrote:

Definately disagree, the amount of exams coming up and there are a few around this date, yr 10-11's wouldn't risk it and lower aged kids wouldn't be able to get their parents to get them there, FREE PARK :D
Yeah as a year 10 I've got 5 exams over 1 week so I would be insert f***** here if I bunked!
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
aircanman

The photo only topic was dead, just like this thread at the moment, full of silly people who can't read asking questions.
A

Yay, nice to see we have lots to talk about now that construction is coming to an end :P

Anyways, anybody know when the illuminated sign is to be installed on the station? Surely the crane will be needed to lift it in  :D
Last edited by A on Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
TheSmiler1998

aircanman wrote:

The photo only topic was dead, just like this thread at the moment, full of silly people who can't read asking questions.
Please don't count that thank I pressed th wrong button. That is very offensive to dislexics not that I am one but dude that was uncalled for! It's a forum everyone is allowed to ask questions and recieve answers. Anyways any teacher will tell you that a question is never silly or stupid
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Mrloverlubba

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
aircanman wrote:

Please don't count that thank I pressed th wrong button. That is very offensive to dislexics not that I am one but dude that was uncalled for! It's a forum everyone is allowed to ask questions and recieve answers. Anyways any teacher will tell you that a question is never silly or stupid
I think what he meant was me earlier on being a silly person asking questions that (without me knowing) had alright been answered. I don't believe he was even slightly thinking about dyslexics
jackgcse

OK...and now back to the ride...I do wonder how big the queues will be for this...because this really is not like Th13teen...this is one hell of a thrill ride that will attract a LOT a Lot A LOT of people!
What 2-3 hour queues in summer, Scarefest and Fireworks?
Mrloverlubba

jackgcse wrote: OK...and now back to the ride...I do wonder how big the queues will be for this...because this really is not like Th13teen...this is one hell of a thrill ride that will attract a LOT a Lot A LOT of people!
What 2-3 hour queues in summer, Scarefest and Fireworks?
The que is like th13teen in its length but like Ripsaw's que, the start goes above and across a bridge over a section of path, along this path features tv screens and a midway shop (to top up on slush's, crisps etc...) and it ends with a slight spiral type scare case up to the station, hope i helped.
Andzdrew

Well done for admitting it, sorry people are so snappy, we get tired of repeating ourselves over and over when there's no new info to feed off of... I just can't wait to see a train fall down the lifthill so I can finally put it to rest, but I'm going to be sitting on my fingers at least another week!

As for queues, it wouldn't be unbelievable to see 4hours+ on a ride like this
A

Andzdrew wrote: As for queues, it wouldn't be unbelievable to see 4hours+ on a ride like this
I'm sorry but even for a ride as good as this one, I wouldn't stand in a cattle pen for over 4 hours. In fact, the most I've ever bothered to wait is an hour :)
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
SwEDEN

Hello guys, I'm very sorry for my earlier posts and the argument in which I caused. :(
But back on topic, our friends over at TST, have posted yet another fantastic photo update which I assume is from today. :D

Photos can be found in the link below
http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/planni ... rt-2/2070/

Thank you to 'Rob'
TheSmiler1998

Yes that's exactly how I imagine the queue going! Shame about the stall though because there will always be some annoying person who holds the queue up by half and hour whilst deciding what slush puppie they want!
In response to this
wagger20 wrote: Why is that offensive to dyslexics? Dyslexic people can read!!
Yes admittedly most can with some difficulty but there are people at my school who's dyslexia is so bad they are totally illiterate

Back to topic!
I waited 6hours for saw on opening day due to technical hitches and stuff. Without them it would have been about 5 hours!
Such as long time for a ride perfectly summed up by the noise meh
Last edited by TheSmiler1998 on Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSmiler1998

A wrote:
Andzdrew wrote: As for queues, it wouldn't be unbelievable to see 4hours+ on a ride like this
I'm sorry but even for a ride as good as this one, I wouldn't stand in a cattle pen for over 4 hours. In fact, the most I've ever bothered to wait is an hour :)
Leave and hand in your membership. You are dead to me  :twisted:
Lol jokes. You'll be very lucky to catch the smiler with only an hour queue!

Sorry once again! Didn't mean to double post I'm getting used to posting on my iPad. Not used to its touch screen yet
Mrloverlubba

OH NO! A lot of photos of the que have been released over at TS and it seems there is quite an area of the que that goes under the station before coming back out and going under each section of track - Headaches... Headaches will be everywhere :/
Liam B

well I going on July 2nd-4th so because England aint on holiday yet with it also being a weekday I should hopefully get on it without it being a ridiculous queue! But to be honest I shall wait a long time to get on this beauty! If all else fails the first time I went on th13teen  me and my mate went on single riders as the regular queue was 2 hours. Got through the queue in 5 mins. And. We got to sit together as there was a large group next and no groups of 2's. YAY!

Edit: I'm getting very happy seeing the photo's of the pathway going in around the ride with stone on the edge. makes it looks a lot better. when you think looking at it is already something. but when the landscaping is done and little touches of themeing get put in place. it's going to be an even greater masterpiece!
Last edited by Liam B on Wed May 08, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Man

I do hope that they allow you to walk about under the marmaliser between the queue line fencing, would be such a waste of space, I do find it funny though how the queue works? will that be it??

Also as mentioned before in another post a while back the fencing being so far away from the edges of the trench and the path edges does annoy me  :| why didn't they just put the fences behind the stones instead of a good foot or two onto the path? It just looks weird and misplaced  :|

All in all though the coaster is looking good but there is still quite alot of landscaping and tidying up to do around the ride and also under it  :) Alot of dirt still to be covered :)
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
MatthewR1990

So, construction...
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.